Old 05-20-2006, 01:43 PM   #1  

Default I've been having the same 435 calorie breakfast for five days. Its WORKING!

This diet is my own invention, and its been working out pretty well. For me at least, because my stomach can handle a LOT in the morning compared to most people. Here's my breakfast:
1 Cup Fiber One cereal- 120 calories
with 1/2 cup carb countdown 2% milk- 45 calories
and 2 1/4 cup egg starts (yes, thats more than an entire container)- 270 calores Then I take a multivitamin and a calcium pill.
In total thats 28 grams (or 128% daily value) fiber and 62 grams (or almost 150% dv) of protein. This is a very very filling meal. Not very yummy or exiting, but filling. Because I get almost all my DV in at that one meal, I'm more free to eat less "nutritious" foods for the rest of the day. I'm still digesting at lunch and for the most part, not that hungry at lunch time. I usually have a lunch of about 200-300 calories. Even if I just have a doughnut for lunch, I'm honestly not hungry after that. Its just the after-noon energy pick-me-up I need. For dinner, I'm STILL not ravenously on the verge of a binge (though I am done digesting by that time). I have a half a cup to a cup of vegitables with a limited (but not tiny) portion of something I really want. For instance, I calculated out the calories of one slice of pizza from our local pizzario (is that the word) to be 450 calories a slice. Its a semi-large slice of pizza with full-fat cheese, olive oil, great herbs, and a little peice of heaven! A few hours after that I'm able to indulge in a light dessert such as a Smart Ones dessert tray (like a chocolate cookie dough sundea for 170 cals) or maybe a diet hot cocoa made with a cup of low-carb 2% milk and some extra unsweetened cocao powder (totaling 130 cals).
The point of this diet is that because I get so much DV of the "filling" stuff for breakfast on the minimal number of calories, I'm able to eat small portions of the "unfilling for its calories" stuff the rest of the day without getting hungry! It really works for me. I'm going to try switching my super-meal to lunch tomorrow.
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:39 PM   #2  

Anyone care? I'm having a great day today BTW. I had it for lunch again today and I'm not that hungry now (at 3:30 pm, 3 hours and 45 minutes later) but my energy is a little low and since I'm gong to work out soon I'm going to have a simple carbohydrate. I'm thinking about having a Krispy Kreme... mmm, they're usually hot at this time of day in my neighborhood. But I won't eat it until after I leave the store so I won't be tempted to have another!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #3  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I'll admit, your approach is a bit... shall we say... unconventional -- but I think you know that already! But who knows, you may be on to something! You say it's working for you, and if you're happy, that's what counts!

How long have you been doing it? And when you say "It's working", how do you mean? Do you have more energy? Have you lost weight or inches or whatever you're using to measure success?

And I'm curious... are you mixing the egg starts into the cereal? Interesting...

Anyway, good luck with your plan!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #4  
plucky clucky

S/C/G: 228/228/130 or less

Height: 5" 5'

You made me rethink my plan (which isn't working) I try to keep my calories low all day and end up losing it right after 12:00. So this morning (thinking of your way while cooking) I ate 1 serving of cracked wheat, 1 piece of sausage and an egg. 340 calories and 21 grams of protein. Usually I eat less than 200 calories for breakfast, no wonder I blow it by afternoon huh. So here's hoping this works out for me like it is for you.
Bravelilchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:03 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less of Lena
I'll admit, your approach is a bit... shall we say... unconventional -- but I think you know that already! But who knows, you may be on to something! You say it's working for you, and if you're happy, that's what counts!

How long have you been doing it? And when you say "It's working", how do you mean? Do you have more energy? Have you lost weight or inches or whatever you're using to measure success?

And I'm curious... are you mixing the egg starts into the cereal? Interesting...

Anyway, good luck with your plan!
Haha, **** no I'm not mixing the egg starts into the cereal! I cook them either in a bowl of in my frying pan with cooking spray and have a huge omelet or bowl of scrambled eggs. Sometimes I stuff it with salsa and sometimes I have it with sugar-free maple syrup. I've tried all the varieties (ham and cheese, garden vegetable, and southwestern style) and all are delisious and creamy/moist when cooked right. I'm on day nine. I actually don't have more energy, especially following after I eat it for some reason I feel sluggish (which is I guess is just because thats what hard-to-digest meals do to you) but it keeps me from getting hungry which is helping me eat less and lose weight. I've lost 3 lbs!
Old 05-24-2006, 09:04 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravelilchicken
You made me rethink my plan (which isn't working) I try to keep my calories low all day and end up losing it right after 12:00. So this morning (thinking of your way while cooking) I ate 1 serving of cracked wheat, 1 piece of sausage and an egg. 340 calories and 21 grams of protein. Usually I eat less than 200 calories for breakfast, no wonder I blow it by afternoon huh. So here's hoping this works out for me like it is for you.
The biggest mistake someone can make is restricting themselves in the morning. If you let yourself eat in the morning (when you're typically less hungry and therefore holding back is easier) than you won't get so hungry later when you might do BIG damage.