Thread: 300 and 30
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 08:36 PM   #10
kaybee1966

S/C/G: 335/324/230

Height: 6'1

Hello All,

I'm so happy to see a new thread starting up. I'm new here also and for whatever reason, I find it difficult to join threads that already have well-established group of people on them, so I'm glad to find all of you.

I'm 39 and holding, lol. I've got about 4 months before I hit the big 4-0 and my goal is to be well on my way to being healthy and losing this weight before my birthday.

As far as a certain eating plan, I'm not following a particular plan. I've done this weight loss thing so many times I feel like a walking encyclopedia on how to lose weight. I just have a hard time maintaining it after I've lost it. So my biggest challenge is making my eating plan a permanent lifestyle change and not going back to my old eating habits once I've lost weight.

I am basically eating a low-calorie diet with lots of fruit and vegetables and cutting out most sugar and processed foods and eating whole wheat pastas and breads. I exercise a minimum of 4 days a week, but ideally, I'd like to get in 5 or 6 days of exercise right now. I've been on my current healthy life-style change for one month now and I feel SO much better with just the changes I've made in my diet so far and with getting back into an exercise routine. My energy level has improved significantly.

It's nice to meet all of you and hope we can motivate each other. It's so nice to find other people who are dealing with the same issues I am.