Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #1  

Default Week of May 21

Hello everyone--
I am heading into an exciting week--my brother is getting married in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend. We have been to Chicago three months in a row now (sadly once for my grandmother's funeral) and these flights are getting steep. But family occasions are great to celebrate together.

We are taking packets of instant oatmeal, small boxes of dried fruit and some granola bars for the kids. My parents will lend us a cooler for the hotel room so we can keep more food in our room (ff yogurt, etc). I know the hotel has a pool and a so-so fitness room. I'll also bring my resistance tube.

I'm wearing a sleeveless dress at the wedding and, to my utmost delight, my arms look ready for it! I've worked very hard to get to this point--shoulder exercises, biceps, those challenging triceps presses, chest and back work--it all came together and I really feel good about how I look in this dress. It's a rare feeling for me to take so much pride in my body. Woo hoo!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful spring.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #2  
marathoner in tranning

S/C/G: 211/190/155

wooo hoo and good for you
you rock that dress you deserve it!
plus good thinking in advance about the cooler.
I'll have to think of that next time i go out of town

I cant beleve the month is almost over, isent it crazy.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:28 PM   #3  

Way to go, Elana!! Good work on the arms. I hope you enjoy the wedding. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma though.

We returned last night from my niece's graduation. Would you believe that she showed up late for her own party!? It was suppose to be from 1-4:00, but she didn't show up until 4:00! How rude! Her parents were so mad at her!

I'm getting a fitness assessment down in a few hours. I'm excited to see how it goes. I'll let you all know how what I find out!
Old 05-23-2006, 06:09 PM   #4  
marathoner in tranning

S/C/G: 211/190/155

oh goodness! its been such a long week and its only tuesday! what am i going to do, do to some OJT i have had to do in the morning i havent gone to the gym to make it worst i hvaent been tracking my food as strict as i should offf i just cant seen to get back on track ...i want to go in the evening but then iam too trired to and talk my self out of it... plus... i had a get together at my house of friday and i made this fab cake and i still have half of it my my fridge ...its low points and all but i keep snacking on it ...i NEED to toss it but i just cant seem to get it out the door and in to the trash ...
Old 05-23-2006, 10:45 PM   #5  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Oh, man, Elana... going sleeveless is one of my fantasies! You go do it for me, girl!

Steph, what happened with your fitness assessment?

Car.... the one thing Misty and I keep telling each other is to just shoot for one day OP. One day! Don't worry about water or exercise or how many veggies you're eating -- just stay on point for one day! Make it tomorrow. You know what I have to sau about the damn cake? Eat the rest of it tonight. Get it over with and start fresh first thing in the AM and stay on point for one day! You can do it! You will do it!

And once again, this calls for the *** kick wrapped in hugs -- another Slimmin' Sistas trademark:

Old 05-23-2006, 10:46 PM   #6  
Alis volat propiis

Misty, where are you, darlin'?
Old 05-23-2006, 10:50 PM   #7  
Alis volat propiis

Weigh-in tomorrow. Aaarrrggghhhh! I just don't know what to expect. I was way off points Saturday and Sunday. But I did well Monday and today. I'm expecting a gain... who am I kidding?

But I did have a big NSA today. It was the first anniversary of our move to our new building, and the company celebrated by bringing breakfast AND lunch AND a massive cake. I ate NONE of it. I had my protein bar for breakfast, my LC for lunch, and no cake. I was very proud of myself.

But I still feel really bloated and heavy and huge today. I always feel this way the day before a weigh in, no matter how well I had been doing. I guess it's a mind game.

Wish me luck tomorrow!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:36 AM   #8  

Good Mornng Lovies!!!

Elana-SLEEVLESS??!! I am so envious! Great job on all of your hardwark and enjoy the day!!!!

Steph-How did the health assement go? I had to laugh at your neice, DH is just like that! He runs on his own time, in a minute=30, today=at 9pm, I'll be there in the morning=2 pm. AT least now I know his system LOL

Carol-It is ahrd to get back on track once you have been derailed. You can do it though. Like Maggie said pick a goal for just one day and get it done. If working out is what you feel youa re missing just do it one day, if it's tracking just focus on that. You can do it!!

Maggie-YOU ROCK!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so strong and I really admire that!

Things have been nutty here this week. My points were off the charts over the weekend. My weight is WAY WAY WAY up. I am back on plan now. I just need to get through the weekend. Just one weekend. We're doing a b-day party on Saturday, but that should be reasonable since dinner is at Applebees. I love that they have points options. I do enjoy the french onion soup!!!!!! So this weekend's event shouldn't kill me. It seems liek every weekend we have some hoopla going on. I am going to hold it together this weekend. I feel if I can get through just one weekend I can get back on a roll.

Well I am off...I have Buzz Buzz Buzz stuck in my head...I watch WAY too much Noggin!!!! We're outside playing. If I were smart I'd get my butt out of this chair and chase the kids around LOL. But I probably won't LOL.

Have a great day!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:57 PM   #9  

Fitness assessment sucked. I haven't gotten all the results yet...probably won't until Friday or Monday. I asked him if he could quick calculate my percentage fat. Well, he did, and it gave me a migraine!! That was a number I was not ready to hear!! He told me that he was honestly surprised by it, because he thought everything else went really well. yeah, so we'll see when i get all the results. He was probably just trying to make me feel better!!!

Misty, I love having the WW option at Applebees. I also love Chili's guiltless menu.

I'm outta here. I have got to get this house clean. It's depressing.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:11 AM   #10  

Hello, hello, hello! Is anybody out there? lol

Seriously, where is everybody?

I've been doing fairly well with eating and exercise. I'm scheduled to run a 5k next Saturday, but I'm not 100% sure if I'll do it. My stupid husband scheduled himself to work that day and now I'll have to drive down to Des Moines by myself (which I don't want to do), plus I won't have anyone to cheer me on!

It's been way too hot too soon here. I miss spring time!

What are your weekend plans? I'll have a fairly mellow weekend. One of my cousin's daughter's is graduating from high school. She's only a couple of hours away, so we're planning on going to that on Sunday. Nothing much else!!

Have a good one!!
Old 05-26-2006, 11:20 AM   #11  

Hello!

I am crazy busy. Nothing in particular just the regular stuff seems to be taking over. My eating is once again in the pot LOL.

Good LUck if you do teh 5k...if you don't I would completley understand why

This weekend is up in the air. We'lls ee what happens. We ahve a b-day party on Saturday and that's about it. Well off to conquer the laundry monster have a great day!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:13 PM   #12  
Alis volat propiis

Steph, good luck with the 5K, if you decide to do it. God, I an nowhere near being able to do stuff like that.

I am so psyched. (I don't think I posted this already. I apologize if I did.) I took my favorite jeans (read: only jeans that fit) out of the dryer this morning and they are sooooo loose. You know how they usually fit nice and snug the first time you wear them after washing and then loosen up? Well, mine are loose right out of the laundry! I am amazed. When I walk, I can feel them actually slipping around on me! I'm literally starting to cry right now just writing about it. These are jeans that I was at the point where I was about to have to put a safety pin in the button part because they were so tight they wouldn't button!
Old 05-27-2006, 09:58 PM   #13  

YAY MAGGIE!!!! I am so proud of you girl!!!!!! Great job! That has to feel so good!
Old 05-28-2006, 03:32 AM   #14  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

maggie, that is so cool!! I have a couple of pairs of jeans I have saved for almost 20 years hoping that someday I will fit back into them again. I'll keep them until I'm 80 if I have to but I'm hoping that I'll wear them out once I get slim and trim again.

Back at work. Tonight has been okay, last night was horrendous and I've got one more night to go and then I have a whole week off. Oh it will be so amazing!!!! I think I may just completely sleep all day Monday, luxuriate in catching up on sleep. My eating has not been too bad and I've been getting at least 1L of water a day so I feel like I am probably maintaining. I'd like to see a little loss this week coming up. I'm planning on doing a lot around the house, gardening and so on.

Take care everyone, hope you are having a great weekend!
Closed Thread