South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 03:55 PM   #1  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Default how many days...

... into phase 1 did you start to feel 'normal' again?

I'm 2 days into it. I feel like crap. I eat when I'm hungry but I still feel run down. Yesterday was fine but today I just feel like I have a hangover or something (obviously, I don't. ). I'm nursing but I'm only doing it part-time; I'm eating only phase 1 approved foods, but eating more of them to compensate for the breastfeeding calories.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if it's normal to feel this way at first? If I'm not eating enough, I should fix it now rather than go on feeling this way for 12 more day!
Old 05-20-2006, 04:18 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

I felt better on day 5. your detoxing from the bad carbs so you will feel yucky for a few days while your body adjusts. It's worth the wait!
Old 05-20-2006, 04:24 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Be sure you are getting dairy and eating legumes. That should help the carb detox. Did you check this out with your doctor? Yes, I'm a nag!
Old 05-20-2006, 07:03 PM   #4  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

thanks for the replies. my doctor is a complete flake. in the process of finding another. but i know some of the other nursing mamas on here have done sb, just skipping phase 1. i'm going to have some brown rice later this evening. i think i must not be eating enough.

it was torture today, took the kids to target and a lady was giving out freebie bags of parmesan garlic archer farms potato chips. i let my three year old have one, then the lady was shoving one at me. i was all, NOOOO THANKS! but she insisted. so i had to drive all the way home with that bag mocking me from the backseat and finally gave it to my husband! i'm proud of myself for that one. :P

i will hang in there. hopefully it will improve. i want to detox and get rid of the cravings but yet make sure i'm eating enough calories and enough nutrients for BFing. thin line, i think.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:34 PM   #5  

Hi, I hope you`re feeling better. I just started the phase 1 on friday and so far everything is ok, but I won`t lie to you: it has not been as easy as I thought... I really don`t like eating eggs, so breakfast has been the biggest challenge. Since I`m very new to this diet, went over the allowed food lists again and was very happy to notice that we can have 1/3 cup black beans, so today I made some "pico de gallo salsa" (onion, tomato, cilantro-coriander, and jalapeņo pepper with salt and a little lemon juice, finely chopped), added a small portion of avocado and fresh low fat cheese, and that`s what I had for breakfast... I was thinking about trying the hotcake recipe, but was out of sugar free maple syrup, I`ll buy some tomorrow and try them for breakfast the day after...

I`m really looking forward to go to phase two, as I think it will be easier for me if I can have some fruit (that`s what I missed the most), and maybe some whole wheat pasta or bread every now and then.

The hardest part for me, is that my husband is very lucky in that he can eat anything he wants and won`t gain a gram!!! And boy does he loves to eat... so he`s always making things up, and having all kind of goodies, and I`m the kind of person who as soon as you forbid me something to eat that`s exactly what I`ll crave...

I was reading about the "core" program from weight watchers: has anybody tried it yet? From what I read, it`s a "moderate and easier" version of the SBD...

Old 05-21-2006, 09:56 PM   #6  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

maggie my husband is the same way! it's so frustrating.

have you tried the 'oatmeal' recipe? it's posted under phase 1 breakfasts here on the forum. it's really good, my daughter even ate some of it. i don't get excited about eggs either so i'm coming up with something different every other day. today i had scrambled eggs with some canadian bacon and asparagus. mmmm.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/210.5/150

if your breastfeeding i would think you'd need to add a lil more than the regular sdb prescribes. but as everyone said go visit your doctor!!!
both my hubby n me are on the diet....
he's lost 35 lbs and i'm only @ 20.......... grrr
anyways lol as for eggs i don't really like them either all that much. try this recipe tho it's so super good

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40253

they're on pg 2 or 3 of recipes but if you ask me they should be stickied they're that good..they freeze excellent as well so feel free to make a bunch
as for the tiredness....honestly i never got over it and i've been on for 2 1/2 months now.
if you can take a multivitamin take it.
i myself have a bad allergic reaction to sulfur and 99.99999999999999% of multivitamins have sulfur in there in some form.
I've started taking vitamin B and that has seemed to help a bunch.
it all depends on what you eat on a regular basis
Closed Thread