Old 05-20-2006, 06:29 PM   #1  
The Southern Girl

Question Michael Thurmond's 6 Week Body Makeover?

Hi, everyone. I'm new to the group, dealing with post partum weight loss. I've been doing WW and I have just 4 pounds to go until pre-pregnancy weight but...at least 30 after that. If you know what I mean.

Has anyone done this diet & exercise program? I would greatly appreciate any feedback you could offer. I am still nursing, but only 4-5 times a day, and I really need something structured that includes exercise AND that will kick-start me off of this plateau. I'm looking at getting pregnant again, too (I'm 40), but want to lose this weight before I do.

I'm willing to put in the time & effort it takes to prepare food and watch the clock, which I understand is necessary. Any other thoughts on this? e.g. how realistic is it to expect to lose big weight in 6 weeks? I'd be ecstatic if I lost even 10 and some inches...but my willpower is just horrendous these days. I've mostly been focusing on changing the way my family eats, generally speaking, but slowly cutting out the junk and replacing it with healthy food (fresh veggies & fruit). This, along with a WW mentality about portion control, has helped hugely.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? Thanks so much!
The Southern Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I bought and tried the Michael Thurmond 6 week body makeover and it did work for a while, but I found the food too bland. I really hate people telling me what to do, what to eat, etc. I do a lot better when I simply count calories and make up my own diet of foods that are healthy and ones that I like.
Usually when you start a new diet, you can expect to lose big the first week, but after that, count on the normal 1 to 2 pounds per week. It is the safest way to lose.
Allison
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:25 PM   #3  

This is a really strict diet and outrageously expensive in my opinion. For all the materials that you get, you will not use them all because the complete program is included for each body type (A, B, C, etc.). It's low calorie, low fat, low sodium, no dairy, and like Alinnell said, the food can be very bland. Before you spend $130 for the entire program, you should consider purchasing Michael Thurmond's book, 6 Day Body Makeover. You will find an eating plan much like what you'd get with the 6 Week Body Makeover. That way you get a taste of what the program is like, the book won't break you, and you'll be able to decide if it would be worth it to spend so much on 6WBMO. Hope that helps.
WaistingAweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:08 PM   #4  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

I did the 6WBM diet last year. I only ended up doing it for 10 weeks. I just couldn't do it any more than that. It was too boring and strict. But in that time I went from a size 20/22 to a size 16 and lost 27 lbs. It was quite amazing really. But you need amazing willpower and strength to do it for any amount of time.
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #5  
natalie

S/C/G: 208/195/140

Default 6 week body makeover

Hi! I did the 6 week body makeover for 3 weeks and lost about 5lbs. I felt really good on it though. I think its a great way to lose weight. But you have to be EXTREMELY determined to follow it right for it to work. You have to cook 5-6 meals a day. AND eat every 2-3 hours which I found very inconvenient while your out. If your home all day every day and LOVE to cook, then this is a great plan Micheal Thurmond says that most of the reason we gain weight is because of sodium. So there is no salt or sodium in the diet. Which sounded great to me because I hate salt but there is sodium in EVERYTHING! So that was hard. I think it just depends on your personality and how much your home really on wether or not it will work for you. I know its expensive but it's a really healthy way to eat and you will feel great on it. It just wasnt practical for me Thought I'd share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Southern Girl
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the group, dealing with post partum weight loss. I've been doing WW and I have just 4 pounds to go until pre-pregnancy weight but...at least 30 after that. If you know what I mean.

Has anyone done this diet & exercise program? I would greatly appreciate any feedback you could offer. I am still nursing, but only 4-5 times a day, and I really need something structured that includes exercise AND that will kick-start me off of this plateau. I'm looking at getting pregnant again, too (I'm 40), but want to lose this weight before I do.

I'm willing to put in the time & effort it takes to prepare food and watch the clock, which I understand is necessary. Any other thoughts on this? e.g. how realistic is it to expect to lose big weight in 6 weeks? I'd be ecstatic if I lost even 10 and some inches...but my willpower is just horrendous these days. I've mostly been focusing on changing the way my family eats, generally speaking, but slowly cutting out the junk and replacing it with healthy food (fresh veggies & fruit). This, along with a WW mentality about portion control, has helped hugely.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? Thanks so much!
MoodyMama is offline   Reply With Quote