Thread: 300 and 30
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 10:51 AM   #5
Heather

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hello new ladies! I hope you don't mind me poking my head into your campsite, but I wanted to welcome you to the 300+ section of 3fc!

If you're a little leery of joining the fast-moving numbered threads (which I encourage you to join!) -- I also want to let you know about the wonderful accountability in our exercise thread and encourage you to join us!!

We track the number of minutes we exercise each month. Most of us set exercise goals. Mine started small and have slowly increased, but others jump in full force. We then note our exercise -- many of us say something about what we did or how we're feeling about it.

I think a fun part is that we also pool together the minutes we've done as a group. We start the minutes over each month, but we are also working toward a goal of exercising 100,000 minutes this year! We're already more than halfway there!

I have trouble -- STILL -- getting my exercise in, and this has been great for my accountability. I know there are days I exercised just so I could keep up with my minutes... and it's fun to add to communal endeavor.

I know weight loss can be so overwhelming, and hopefully you can find all the support here you need!!!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences