Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-09-2006, 11:46 PM   #1  
my baby with bubbles

S/C/G: 180/152/140

Default I met with a personal trainer today!

This is a very big deal to me, I can already feel the inches falling off, she was great, I think she is going to teach me alot.

My best friend and I joined the gym together, and we are going to go tomarrow morning to really try out all the machines and all that fun stuff, next wednesday we will meet with her again and she is going to give us some goals to reach for for the week.

Did I say I was really excited!

But here is the scary part, I am a scale addict, I step on it every morning. I have challenged myself not to step on it for 6 weeks. I know I will gain before I lose. And hopefully I will lose inches. So I have decided to post my inches for the world to see. and I will update that in 6 weeks, as well as my weight. I know I am not going to reach my mothers day goal but I did better than I even thought I would. 4 pounds short is not bad.

So I am going to put my scale in the hall closet tonight and set my reminder on my phone for 6 weeks, that day I will check the scale and take new measurements. I am also going to take pictures tonight!

Wish me luck! I better go change my signature,
40poundsago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

wow those look like my measurements
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:13 AM   #3  
my baby with bubbles

I am so proud of myself, I went in and worked out at 6 this morning! I think I did everything the personal trainer showed me yesterday, I might have overdone it on the eleptical (20 minutes) I am not saying I am weak, but I thought chasing after 2 small kids was hard some days, 20 minutes on that was a huge work out! once I pushed past the first 5 minutes it was easier. Then I did some weight training.

I don't mean to gloat, I am just very proud of my self!
Old 05-10-2006, 09:21 AM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Good job! I love the elliptical, I have one...when I first got it five mins wore me out and my heart went above where it should have been and I was sweaty and huffing and puffing and now I can do it for 15 mins at a time...I know how you feel though the elliptical is a workout you can feel! Good job, keep up the good work!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:13 AM   #5  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40poundsago
But here is the scary part, I am a scale addict, I step on it every morning. I have challenged myself not to step on it for 6 weeks... So I am going to put my scale in the hall closet tonight and set my reminder on my phone for 6 weeks, that day I will check the scale and take new measurements.

You inspired me. I am a scale addict as well. I don't like that I am and make excuses for my behavior. It's just frustrating most of the time when it either stays the same or goes up. Soooo... I have put my scale in the hall closet on the top shelf in the far corner. I hope this helps me stay away from it. I don't think I have the will power to wait 6 weeks though. Maybe I'll ask hubby to really hide it from me and only take it out on my weigh in days.

Thanks for the inspiration!
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:02 AM   #6  

Height: 5'3"

40poundsago - You should be proud of yourself! That is a major step towards this new lifestyle. I am in a similar position, I have just incorporated consistent strength training this month. I have been losing steadily about a pound a week without the strength training so I am prepared to see the scale not move for a little bit or even maybe go up. Measurements are the key so you are right on track. Good luck and keep us updated!
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

40poundsago -- Gloat away and be proud of your accomplishments!! Pictures are worth a gazillion words IMHO, so I hope you took some pics. A few years ago a took some pics, after a few months I lost 5# maybe less, but I had the pics to compare and I was shocked at the difference... So don't forget to take those pics...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #8  
my baby with bubbles

Well I have failed at my no scale goal, you know curosity killed the cat. ha ha

This morning when I was waiting to get in the shower at the gym I really noticed how loose my skin was getting around my waist and the other day I got a glimpse of my leg and had to take another look, I think it is smaller. isn't that funny how that works. Anyways I am going to change my ticker because I am very happy to say I was at 156! HOT DOG!!!!

I am very proud of myself, I know that I have caught myself bingeing lately, well ignoring my WW points. And when my husband is grilling steaks and baked potatoes and baked beans, I can't say no. It is an addiciton I think.

Anyways, this motivates me so much more, I am so excited! it is going to be such a great day!