Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default OK I'm In!

Let's dig our heels in. I'm gonna take this getting to goal and maintenance thing by the neck and give it a shake.
I'm declaring Tuesday May 16th the day I slipped under 130 lbs for the last time. That is my weight ceiling. I will not go above it.
My sig is gettting kinda long but I think I'll add that.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:22 AM   #2  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

I cant wait until I slip under 130!!!!!!! Im not sure how far away it is, hopefully not more than 10 -15 lbs. And Im with you, I never in my life want to get above it again.
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
Let's dig our heels in. I'm gonna take this getting to goal and maintenance thing by the neck and give it a shake.
I'm declaring Tuesday May 16th the day I slipped under 130 lbs for the last time. That is my weight ceiling. I will not go above it.
My sig is gettting kinda long but I think I'll add that.

I'm at a similar place. I'm trying to think of 130 as my new maximum weight. For a while, I've been hovering around 130-132, and more recently it's been back and forth between 129 and 130. I'm determined to get myself consistently down in the 120's. Hopefully, we'll both succeed in not going above 130 again.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:55 PM   #4  

I posted and then went somewhere. In the car I was thinking that I probably should have made some reference to how I think I'm going to do that
I have four things: eat less
eat clean
cardio
weight lifting

How are you folks doing it?
Old 05-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #5  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

I'm still new here, relatively speaking. I like to think of myself as a featherweight so I'm in! My max weight is 135. Last I checked, I was 15 pounds above that.

In reviewing the past week of starting my new life, I've determined what I want to do:

eat less
eat more vegetables
train for a 5K
drink more water

Who's in? Heel diggers Unite!
SSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:21 PM   #6  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

About the same,
I eat low cal, I do the elliptical and toning and often walking with the beau, and NO CHEATING
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:37 PM   #7  

135 is my MAX weight. It is perfectly realistic and maintainable and I should stayed there the first time I made it. I've got 10 pounds to get back there. I intend to keep moving on down to 125 so that I'll have 10 whole pounds to catch myself should things ever get out of hand again.

My plan is cardio, cardio, cardio. I need to do a lot more of it a lot more often.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:45 AM   #8  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

At the moment 168 is my max weight!!! I'm really trying to get down to 161 for wedding and general buffness, then after the curvy dress has been worn I'm going to aim for 154, and 161 will be my new max!

I'm really going to dig my heels in today! I bought yummy healthy food and I'm off to the gym this afternoon!

The plan - carry on weight training between 2 and 4 times a week, carry on kickboxing for 4-5 hours a week, eat approx 2000 kcals per day, average over the week. When I drop down to 164 I'll cut some more calories, but for now I think 2000 is a nice round number and should have me drop a few pounds for a bit! Oh yeah, and DRINK LOTS OF WATER!

Rah!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #9  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I hope I can jump in here. I've started posting this so many times, but something keeps stopping me. At the moment I'm 133. I want that to be my max. weight. I hit 128 and want to keep within 5 pounds of that for maintenance. Unfortunatly family celebrations keep making me at the top of the limit. NO, me giving into temptations at get togethers makes me at the top of my range. I've been treating this week as a get back on track time period. Its going well and I have successfully resisted goodies at 2 big get togethers already this week. Now I need to make it through a student recital reception tonight, and a choir dessert party tomorrow. I feel particularly vulnerable today and am working hard to strengthen my resolve before test time. I love to exercise so my problem lies completely in eating. I love whole grains and healthy food, so day to day meals are healthy. I need to keep the sweets from getting into my diet so often. I'm definetly a work in progress as we all seem to be. Thanks for listening.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:53 AM   #10  

Brandy? I'm hoping that by stating my intent in print, I'll be more apt to actually do it. Thanks for digging your heels in with us.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 145/137.5/120

Height: 5'4"

I too am in.

Hi everyone, I'm trying to get back to my high school weight of around 120, but I'll settle for being fit around 125. Right now I'm hovering below 130, which is about a 2 year low. It's easy to be complacent, but with support I hope to keep working out, eating better, and feeling great.
smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

I'm hovering around my goal weight at the moment, trying to work out how much more I can eat without putting on weight. I'm on week 3 of quitting smoking which is making it even more interesting and challenging. I've had to empty the fridge of nearly everything I can pick at, otherwise I'd eat it. Now at night I have to think can I really be arsed to get dressed and wander down to Asda or the 24 hour garage? nope!!

On the exercice front I have no choice but to walk around 6/7 miles a day to get to work - no buses, no car. So am stuck there. But I still manage to sit on the exercise bike for 30mins or so a day - gives me chance to read my book without 1 of my 4 cats trying to sit on it.
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:06 PM   #13  

I'm in on this thread too! I'm 47 years old, 5'4" and have always been skinny. At the onset of my 40's, I started going thru some terrible times with my husband (now an ex- thank goodness). So with the age metabolism thing and the stress, I slowly gained from 125 up to 140 and now I hate to have my picture taken. I'm going to marry a wonderful man in September and I'm going to be a buff bride. I've already lost 3 pounds by calorie counting and exercise. I've always exercised but I have never been consistent enough to see results. I am already seeing results and feel that I am on the road to reach my goal of 120-125 by the big day. It's a loss of 1 pound per week and I can do it. I need someone to be accountable to and this group is where I belong. So here I am. My form of exercise is some running, The Firm, and just last week, I jumped on the Turbo Jam wagon. I'm counting calories and being mindful of my eating. So far, so good. By making this announcement public, I've just gotta do it.

Thanks for the invite and I look forward to sharing this journey with you ladies.
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:49 PM   #14  
Ilene the Bean

Well isn't this nice "The Dig Our Heals In", love it!!

This week I have also started to dig my heals in by re-reading the Burn the Fat feed the Muslce by Tom Venuto an e-book that I haven't read in a couple of years. It's a very motivating book and I find his program makes sense to me...

In the first chapters he talks about goal setting and to put your goals in the form of affimations on a sheet of paper or cards and to read them daily and often. Your affirmations must be in the present tense because to your subconscious mind there is no future only the present... which really feels strange but I kinda like it. Then thirdly your goals must be in terms of the positive...

So here are my positive and affirmative goals:

1. I am happy and thankful that I can run a 10k in 60 minutes.

2. I am happy and grateful that I weight 135.

3. I am happy and grateful that I run 4 times/week

4. I am happy and grateful that I go to the gym 4 times/week

5. I am happy and grateful that I swim 2 times/week

6. I am happy and grateful that I am strong and lift heavy.

7. I am happy and grateful that I eat only unprocessed and healthy foods.

8. I am happy and grateful that I eat 5 meals/day

9. I am happy and grateful that I eat between 1300 and 1400 calories per day

NEXT !!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:42 PM   #15  

Okay, I'm in, too. I'm 57, a hair under 5 feet tall. For years I weighed between 110 and 115. That was when I smoked and before menopause. When I quit smoking, I went up to 128. That's a lot for a short person! It has taken me more than a year to get down to 120. That was with walking 4 or 5 times a week and being obsessive about my food. A few months ago I joined a gym and lost 5 of those 8 pounds in about a month. Now I'm just stuck.

I am having to force myself to go to the Y, it's too hot to walk outside, I could swim after work but I make excuses. I'm averaging about 1500 calories a day.

My scale sat at 125 for two months, wouldn't budge. Now it seems to be stuck on 120, won't move. WAAAAAHHHHH.

Okay, somehow I've lost my motivation and it's time to find it. What are my positive and affirmative goals? (Thanks, Ilene! )

1. I am a strong, whole and healthy person.
2. I am grateful for my energy and enthusiasm.
3. I am glad that I follow through on my goals.
4. I make decisions and stick with them.
5. I am happy that I do some form of exercise 5 times a week.

Thanks -- I needed that!!!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote