Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 08:35 AM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Angry Post Partum Hotties

Hi everyone, as promised, new thread,new autumn leaf to turn over.
MY MISSION STATEMENT.
'By the time I close this thread I will be at least 4lbs lighter'.
And I wll too.
Geneve.
Old 11-07-2001, 05:50 PM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Geneve - I am so happy to hear about your magazine article! What fantastic news! I am thinking about doing something similar for a magazine here in Canada. A woman in the US did this series of articles for a fitness magazine in the US, sort of a weight loss diary. I'd like to try something like that but I think I would be more realistic than she was. She is a 30 something, not married, no kids, wasn't that overweight to begin with. I think I would be interested in reading something like that so I thought I would write them and see if they are interested in the idea. Wish me luck.
Old 11-08-2001, 04:41 PM   #3  

Jen, Hello!
You should try, honestly, I'm no writer, but I do feel strongly about the subject. I for one would like to read a 'real' weight loss diary, with all the ups and downs. I'm so tired of reading the same old cliches about doeting which I'm sure are written by people who think a size 10 is overweight.
Anyway, must dash as have to express...will be leaving leo with his Dad for the day on the 26th and heaven help me if there isn't enough to see him through. Am going to a health spa with two friends...it's my Christmas treat and am trying to decide what I want. I think a massage and something dome to my face (paper bag maybe!)and a swim...most of all talk, talk, talk....
Tomorrow is a gym day, will be making a big effort once again to stay out of the fridge.
Geneve
Old 11-12-2001, 10:20 AM   #4  
Jen

Hi all. Not a good weekend. Made very poor food choices both Saturday and Sunday, at least I got out for my walk on Saturday. My first TOM is coming up, I'm starting to get cramps already so it has just been a wonderful couple of days.

Geneve - thanks for the encouragement about the article, now just have to find the time! did you get to the gym?
Old 11-12-2001, 11:19 AM   #5  
bc

Thanks Geneve for directing us to this list. I am on maintence as far as computer use goes (have I really been on this long already?!) so I subscribe to this list and don't read all of the boards. I find it very easy to loose myself in the computer and never get anything else done.

Congradulations of being published! You know people dream of this and for you it is a reality.

Jen, I would love to see an article like that, however I think it might end up being book length. I for one would love to hear a REAL story.

I do have a hypo thyroid and now I am taking the medication. I know this won't help me lose weight but I am glad my weight won't be climbing any higher.

We went on an impromptu trip to New York City. My sister lives there and she was purging some of the stuff from her apartment. We picked up some of it and will happily recycle it in our home. It was a spur of the moment trip but everyone had fun. We were so busy I didn't even have time to think of food! I need more days like this.

Barb
Old 11-12-2001, 01:37 PM   #6  

Hi Everyone, hi Barb, you know it's so true, on busy days I don't think about food at all, maybe I should volunteer to do loads of stuff so I can get a bigger distance betwen myself and my nemesis...the fridge
Jen I think my TOM is coming up, feeling crampy...what a shame could do without it, especially the bit before hand when only chocolate will do. AND as if that's not bad enough, Leo has croup. We've all had colds so I knew he'd probably get something but this is awful. Only a few hours sleep last night added to the dizziness and the school run was a nightmare. Tomorrow I have to take Leo for vaccinations and I don't want to do it with him poorly, just been through the same thing with the older one. The damp cold here is terrible for coughs and colds.
Did get to the gym on Friday but not today as can't leave sick nippers in the creche.
However, i did something a bit mad today, I put in an enquiry about buying a new car...well, not brand new. It's an idea I had a whole back. What I need is an MPV but can't afford one. What I CAN afford (well, as soon as DH gets a permanent contract) is an old London Taxi. If any of you know how they look you will know you can get 5 in the back, and even better they have a sliding glass door to seperate you from the 5 screaming kids in the back. Only one place really sells them, and they have a bright red cabriolet ! The cabrios look like great big old fashioned prams! Keep your fingers crossed that Andy gets a proper job before someone else nabs my cab!
Good dieting to you all,
Geneve
Old 11-12-2001, 10:01 PM   #7  
Jen

Geneve - I've seen those cabs in movies, they do look so cool! I hope you get it. Sorry to hear that your brood is sick, must be rough. Drake is doing well, just been a bit wound up today and not getting all his naps in. I just got him to sleep a few minutes ago, I hope that will do him for a few hours. He is a bit off schedule but I don't think he cares too much about my schedule!

barb - glad to hear that you are getting medication for your thyroid. I hope it helps. I have the same problem with the computer, I could easily surf for hours. Lately though Drake doesn't let me stay on for very long.

My eating has been much better today and I got my walk in too. I wish I could drink more water though, I barely drink anything and I know it would help out a lot. Any ideas?
Old 11-13-2001, 01:16 PM   #8  

Default Hi guys!

Hey women... Sorry I've been absent, we went out of town again - took a four day weekend...

Geneve, that's so COOL that you're published. That's the sort of thing that lots of us dream about, but so few of us actually do. You'll have to tell us the name of the magazine so that we can all read the article! And your car sounds fantastic. My fingers are crossed for you and Andy. Jen, I'm glad that things are looking up with DH. Leo will be sleeping longer before you know it. I've become a believer that time cures everything. Last night Megan slept for 8 hours, can you say hallelujah. :> Barb, that's great that they found out what was wrong. I hope that it helps! Where do you live? Have you been to NYC before? I'd love to go.

My friend got married in Hawaii - we didn't go for that, but she had a second reception in Utah for all those who couldn't make it to Hawaii. So we drove up on Thursday night, and drove back on Monday. Megan did pretty well in the car.

I'll tell you what though - vacations are really different with a baby (I know - duh!!!). When we took off to SD the month before, she was still sleeping all day long, and now she's up alot more. So it's no longer about doing whatever we wanted, sleeping in, and relaxing... I was worrying about when we needed to get back to the hotel so that she could take a nap, I was worried about putting her back in the car AGAIN (after the 8 hour drive the day before) to go see the sights, etc. She was spitting up a lot, and I think her tummy was upset from being in the car so much. So we spent alot of time in the hotel room. She slept pretty well though, 7 hours each night. But I was reminded why we put her in the crib in HER room - she makes SO MUCH noise in her sleep. I kept thinking she was waking up, so I would go over and check on her, and she was SOUND asleep, and just making noises - it made for pretty sleepless nights for both of us. But, on the other hand, she is starting to be so much fun. So many smiles, little excited giggles now, just lots of personality. I love her so much I can't stand it! She rolled over yesterday.

And she is getting so big - I have to pack up her 0-3 month clothes... Oh, I have to tell you what a bad mother I am. I put her in this little outfit she has, where the pants stop just below the knees. We were at the mall shopping, and I picked her up because she was fussing, and DH noticed that her legs were turning purple!!! She's gotten so fat in the legs that the leg holes were too small, and it was cutting off her circulation! OMG, my daughter almost lost the use of her legs FOR FASHION. What a bad mother I am. I felt so bad. Thank goodness Daddy was paying attention. Oh, do you all find yourself calling your DH Daddy now? I swore I would never do that, but I do.

We got a super great hotel on Priceline - $50 for a four star hotel in SLC - the Hotel Monaco. It's a really funky little hotel, with every room decorated differently. It was very cool. I stayed OP until yesterday, when I had pizza (with extra extra cheeze and pepperoni), fudge, MnMs, ice cream AND a lemon bar cookie. Plus all of my regular food. Sigh. I didn't lose anything, but at least I didn't gain. Well, we'll see - it takes a few days for things like that to catch up with you. It's my TOM too, sigh. DH agreed to watch Megan every night while I go rollerblading. So now I truly have no excuse for not exercising.

As usual, this is WAY too long. Sorry. Talk to you all soon!
Sue
Old 11-14-2001, 12:31 PM   #9  
Jen

Hi all. I had a terrible day yesterday with the diet. I blame my TOM coming up. I just want to inhale everything!!! I am feeling awfully blah these past 2 days as well. Haven't got out for a walk yet today and I'm waiting for someone to come and look at my living room windows, I'd like to have them replaced before winter. The weather here is not that great. It is supposed to be 13C out there but it feels like a very cool 13C to me. I suppose I could go out now for a walk, I'm just being lazy.

Sue - I've had to pack up a lot of Drake's 0-3 months clothes as well, at 8 weeks I think he is at least 12lbs+ by now. We go to the dr on Friday for his first vaccinations so I'll weigh him then. I'm saving all my baby stuff for my SIL, she just got married and they're going to start trying for a baby in a couple of years. How old is Megan now? I can hardly wait til Drake is sleeping the night through. I haven't spent more than 3-4 hours asleep at a time since he was born.

Take care all.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:11 AM   #10  

Default Hello again

Jen - fyi my dd started sleeping through at 4 months, she still does at 7 months (today), thank gosh. I'm sure teething will kick in soon though!

Re TOM, I still hvaen't got one - but might be because I am breastfeeding? I always feel like I'm about to get it, but think that is just general weird-o hormoes

I was doing really well, but I've just had two days of overeating (almost bingeing). Very depressed over here and as well everything is going wrong (work, friends, finances, car) and I am so exhausted working and being a Mum. Urgh.

Anyways rather than just sit here and vent I'd best go cook some dinner for the family. Tomorrow I have a fitness assessment at the gym I just joined. Oh yay (can you hear the sarcasm?) At least it can only get better hey?

Wealso have dd's naming day on Sunday. Just a simple ceremony then a bBQ. Should be fun

Keep moving and enjoying your little ones,
Sam
179/150/130
Old 11-15-2001, 09:16 AM   #11  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello. I just lurk (I am 8 mo pg and post on the WW 20-somethings board). Anyway, Dreamer, what is a naming day? Just wondering.

You all are doing so well with everything. I hope I am as together as you all seem to be. Yikes, it is coming soon.

Trish
EDD 1/1/02
Old 11-15-2001, 11:57 AM   #12  

Default Happy Thursday!

I'm back on the wagon again. I've had good eating days since we've been home from vacation. But I REALLY need to get moving if I want to see results. I don't know why I'm not. DH still hasn't put together the weight thingie we bought - that's my current excuse. But I have no excuse for not going walking or rollerblading. I'm just lazy. DH and I love to sit around on the couch and talk. We're both very sedentary. He is trying to get into shape now too, so maybe that will help.

Jen, Megan is 11 weeks old - she will be 3 months old next Tuesday. So you're almost there! :> You know that he WILL sleep through the night eventually - he won't be 2 years old and waking up all night long to eat, lol... Hang in there. Oh, let us know how big Drake is, and how he does with his shots... You probably know this, but whenever I want to weigh Megan, I just get on the scale without her, and then get on it with her, and figure out the difference...

OK, don't kill me for posting this, I know it's obnoxious of me when others are still sleep deprived, but she slept for almost 9 HOURS last night - I am seriously doing the happy dance! I don't know if all of this 8 and 9 hour sleeping is FOR REAL now, or if she is going to go back to the 5-6 hour thing. I'm hoping it stays around! We are working on getting her to take naps in her crib. It's slow going - she wakes up about every 45 minutes, and won't go back down. Of course, if I hold her, she'll sleep for hours.

Dreamer, yes, I've heard that if you bf, you might not get your period until you stop. Some people do though... I'm sorry things are tough right now - the working thing is so hard. On a positive note, you only have 20 pounds to get to your goal - that is SO awesome - give yourself a HUGE pat on the back!

Good luck with your baby Trish - come join us when you're on "the other side!"

Hugs to you all...
Sue

Day before baby's birth: 249
Pre-pregnancy weight: 221
Current: 216
Goal: 155
Old 11-16-2001, 11:09 AM   #13  

Default Me again

Hi guys... I'm having a good eating day - well, it's FORCED, because I have to fast until 12:45 today, when I get my wisdom teeth out. Yuck. I am not looking forward to it.

I need to get a new scale. Last night when I weighed myself, I got three different weights - 210, 213.5, and 215. Very frustrating.

Blah, Megan only slept until 4 last night, then was up to eat. She went back to sleep after about 30 minutes. I can't figure her out...

How is everyone?
Old 11-17-2001, 09:03 AM   #14  

HI! It's funny reading through all these...life with babies certainly is an up and down affair!
Well, my news is: Eating still not good...little Leo's cold improving slowly but surely then WHAm!4 yr old Ted has scarlet fever.I'm mad as hel at his teacher...we had Ted home from school poorly when I went to his parent teacher night and his teacher casually mentioned that his best pal had scarlet fever. I rushed home and there was the rash...he has been very rough but also very brave. I'm not really sure if I'm awake or asleep and I'm sorry to say I'm keeping going on chocolate and coffee.
No gym this week either...dare I look at the scaleson weighing in day tomorrow? If I don't hurry up with those 4lbs this could be the longest thread in history!
Geneve
Old 11-19-2001, 01:20 AM   #15  

Default Ouchie....

Hi all. Oh Geneve, poor little Ted... My niece just got over that - it is going around here in Las Vegas too. I hope he is feeling better now. You must be exhausted, between tending for your wee sick Leo, and now Ted. (I love the name Ted, so cute...) What on earth was Ted's teacher thinking!?!

Got my wisdom teeth out on Friday. It really sucked. I truly would rather have a C-Section again, than have my wisdom teeth out. Seriously, the pain has been 10 times worse. The pain pills they gave me just made me sick - I threw up all day on Saturday (too much information, I know, sorry). At least I'm sure I lost weight this weekend, ha-ha-ha.

Here in the States, we have Thanskgiving on Thursday, which usually involves tons of eating. We are having TWO Thanksgiving meals - one with DH's family on Thursday, and one with mine on Friday. Luckily for me, I'm not too big of a fan of typical Thanksgiving foods (turkey, stuffing, pie, etc.), so hopefully I won't eat too much... We'll see!

Sent DH to the store to buy a really good scale on Saturday, and he came home with a $20 piece of junk - and then wondered why it didn't seem accurate. Arg.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Take care all.
Closed Thread