South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 06:29 AM   #1  

Default Hump Day Chat!

Morning gals,

Hope everyone's day is off to a good start! Yesterday was a rough day for me- I cheated on Tuesday night, just a bunch of dumb snacking, but lots of starch and some sugar. I was miserable all day yesterday- I have never had a sugar "hangover" like that before. I went to bed pretty early and seem to feel a bit better this morning. The food I ate was definitely not worth the way I felt!

Just a few more days of Phase 1- although I may extend it through next Wednesday, which is our last day of school. We will see how the weekend goes and what my overall P1 loss is.

Little Chick I saw your post!! Welcome back- it is great to "see" you!!

Need to get some coffee and hit the shower...... Have a fabulous day!!
Old 05-17-2006, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Chick Chat

Good Morning everyone,

I just have a few minutes to post. Wednesdays are always my busiest day of the week. I'm tempted to blow off Curves, but then I'd have a guilt-trip the rest of the day. Anyway, I always feel so good afterwards, and I'm still working on getting rid of the extra weight I gained over the weekend.
I used the SB Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that's on the recipes boards to make Cindy's birthday cake yesterday, and the girls did most of the work. WE shaped it into a big heart on a cookie sheet, and after we baked it, I let them decorate it, and it turned out great! I haven't tasted it yet, but Cindy said it's really good, and appreciated the fact that it's SB friendly as she's been following the South Beach Diet, too.
Well, it's time for me to leave and get the day started. Have a good one!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:55 AM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

'ello laidies, today is the big day, DENTIST! A friend is driving me which is great since I don't know where the dentist office is! Plus my appt isn't until noon and I'd like to spend some time with him at the coffee shop before hand cuz I miss him so much (we used to work together)

Oh well girlies, wish me luck!
Old 05-17-2006, 08:43 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its feels funny that Leo is not telling me to get off the computer as we have to leave for treatments. Hes a very punctual guy,and doesn't like lateness.

Well the first thing I have to do today on my first day of leasure is to go down to the MVD to renew my drivers license. Have to do something with my hair so that the photo won't look so scary hehe.

KiKo-I get those sugar headaches,that why I try so hard to stay awy from the sugary treats. Thanks to Phase 1 I rarely get them anymore.

Cottage-You'll get the weight off,just do what the Phases teach you. I should be the one to talk sorry,I'm back to 155 and I was 150 2 weeks ago.. Can't stay in control, too much stress around me now.

Lotte-Don't evey you I HATE The DENTIST. I have to make an appointment to have my teeth cleaned.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 05-17-2006 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Chickies. Once again I slept late. I didn't go downstairs until
7AM! Hersh slept all night on the sofa down there. Although I love having her with me, I think she does disturb my sleep a bit.

Lottie, enjoy your visit with your pal. I hope the dentist does something to give you immediate relief.

Beach, it sounds like your first day of leisure is going to be a bit busy. Do take some time for you and Leo to just decompress for a while.

Cottage, I hadn't thought of using the cookie recipe for a BD cake. I must remember that. I'm glad Cindy appreciated it.

Kiko, don't despair. I confess I went way off program last night as I went out for wings. I calculate I've eaten 100 pounds of wings since the Long Horn opened two years ago! Water, water, water today.

I had a good visit at the doc yesterday. He patted me on the head and gave me a wee hug as I've got my BP to 124/62 and have LOST six pounds in just a bit over 3 weeks. (Sometimes Dr Jack is not PC but it's OK as I know his grandmother, his parents, his wife, kids and dogs!) Of course, losing my appetite helped that. His hi-tech scale weighs four pounds more than my digital but I'm leaving my ticker according to my scale.

It's certainly wet out there again but I may be able to work in a bit of digging and potting later this afternoon. I'm off to the Greenhouse for a couple of hours today. Lorraine really needs a break around noon for lunch and her nap so I'll be manning the shop - or is that womaning?

Off to get my butt in gear for the day!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

Good Morning All...
It's another B E A utiful day here in sunny Florida. It's day 3 on Phase 1 for me. I'm doing good so far. Enjoying not being hungry. This is definitely a learning phase. I'm trying to get more variety each day. Good luck to everyone today.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:52 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning, Beachies!!!

Kiko, I hear you. Cut out that "the food I ate so wasn't worth it" and paste it on your fridge! I think about doing that often...the truth is, it never is worth it...but sometimes I obsess about it so much that I feel I just have to eat it to get it over with! I've been good about staying away from sugar...it just hurts too much to deal with the hangover and aftereffects (it's almost instantaneous for me now!), but I've definitely overeaten on OP foods. <sigh> However, the measure of success is getting up after you fall, and we're both doing that. Here's to several more days of P1 and being sugar-free, sister!

Little Chick is BACK???? : YIPPEE!!! I've missed you, LC!!! Where ya been???

Cottage, I haven't even seen that recipe! It sounds awesome and what you did for Cindy is even more wonderful! : Good for you!!! Good going on getting to Curves, too. I hear you on the time vs. health debate...I'm always thinking about how long it takes to do my gym time (it took up my entire morning yesterday)...but it does feel fantastic afterwards and you know you're doing something wonderful for you!

Lottie! I hope it goes tree-mendously well. Enjoy the time with your friend, too!

BB, enjoy this time off and know that no matter how bad you think you look in your license pic, there are worse ones out there. You should see my passport picture. I'm serious here...it's frassin' horrible. I'm at my fatest and my head fills almost the whole frame...plus I pulled my hair straight back so it emphasizes the egg shape of my head. So, don't worry. You'll look awesome! Don't let the stress drive you to eat, sweetheart. Find some great, healthy ways to cope. One of them is to post here and let us know about your frustrations. You might even enjoy journaling in the 3FC journals (if you don't already). It can really help to let those feelings out instead of stuffing them with food. I know how hard it is to change those habits, believe me!!! But you can do it! Remember Sandi's signature: "If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." It's echoing in my head this morning!

Ruthie, on the BP and weight loss! Hey, if his scale is 4 lbs higher, then you still lost the same amount...because you were 4 lbs heavier at the beginning. You rock!!! Enjoy the greenhouse...it sounds heavenly.

Me:
Well, plumber was supposed to be here 41 minutes ago. <sigh> We tried getting a plumber in two weeks ago. DH took off work to be here and the guy never called and never showed up. This is our second try with a different guy who seemed really nice. He's supposed to install our new bathtub/shower unit. We did the demo on the old one and bought everything, but DH is a bit wary about installing it. I'm actually all for doing it ourselves (a rare thing...usually I'm all for paying someone to do it! ), but this keeps DH happy.

I stayed up far too late last night (2:30) and got hungry. <sigh> I know that it's natural, since my blood sugar probably fell, but I didn't want to eat something big. I had a fudgesicle (not a good choice), three soy nuts, and a piece of turkey and 2% fat cheese rolled up with mustard. Pretty odd combo! But at least I didn't eat myself out of house and home. I'm doing P1 this week and it's going well, but I'm starting to really notice how my body seems to react to the fake sugars. It even happens with Splenda. I've been noticing for a while that after I have my dessert, I crave more and more sweets...and I was giving in for a while. I'm starting to think that I might have to give up all fake sugars entirely, and that scares me senseless! Still, giving up my carbs and sugars to begin with scared me senseless before, but it's not as bad as I thought (due, perhaps, to how many things I can eat/make with sugar replacements! ). I'll have to keep thinking this one over. Maybe I'll try a week without them to see what happens and how I feel.

I have two and a half hours of therapy today, at least. I've got my regular therapy session, a half hour with my psychi to go over meds, and my "Mood and Food" therapy group tonight. That group is awesome...I'm learning so much more about how food affects us and what eating disorders do to us. Okay, plumber's here...better go. Have a great day, chickies!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:58 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Hotmama! We posted at the same time! Good for you on getting variety...that makes all the difference!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/243/160

Hey Ladies!

I'm baaaaaaaaack! hehe I had a great time in Maine. I fell off my towel, so I'll be doing P1 for maybe a week just to clean up the mess I've made. Drinking really does cause the carb problems. I knew it was going to happen so it's no big deal to me. I'm not feeling the carb hangover too badly, just a lil bloaty. But anyways. My friend and I had a blast despite the neverending rain. Luckily all that horrid flooding was south of us. I hadn't seen my buddy since new years so it was great to get together and have some drinks n just hang. And of course it was fun wallowing in my bday and having other ppl do stuff for me. *giggle*

Looks like several of us are starting over right now. Is this just that hard time of the year? hehe

Lottie: good luck! and have fun with your buddy!

Ruth: That sort of response is great and really goes to show how well this eating style works for improving health

BeachBum: I made the mistake once of going to bed with my hair wet and going to the DMV first thing in the morn...my god was it bad. I had an afro! They should have lil booths with stylists n such to get us prepped. Good luck! I'm sure you'll look fine!

Everyone have a spiffy day! And I hope all of you are well

-Jessy
Old 05-17-2006, 10:35 AM   #10  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Ladies

Well yet ANOTHER,, blah day here in Central West Virginial... Rain, cold and dreary... it is starting to take a toll on me, I feel blah because of the weather,, plus Aunt Margaret is here and that dont help.. Just having a Fat day.. feel like a Flob.. No flooding here,, but I do wonder why not.. Cant do anything, but inside stuff... cant fish and shoot a bow indoors.. however, I have been working out on the gazelle,and the Ab Scissors...

Ruth~ gotta question about when a female dog comes in heat, How long do I need to keep her pinned,, She had a DATE yesterday, and I was informed all went well.. but I was told to keep her pinned ,, but not for how long..?? any input here?
Old 05-17-2006, 10:47 AM   #11  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Mornin chickies, feeling under the weather today. Yesterday went alright eating wise, however did have a few cocktails when I should not have had anything but water Working at home today, need to get in a workout. Thinking about a class at the gym this evening.

kiko - thats usually the case, where the splurge is not worth the feelings afterwards. Just get back on track today everyone slips every once in a while.

cottage - Thats so thoughtful of your to make a SB friendly cake. I know your right about curves, the sense of accomplishment you feel after getting to a workout you would love to skip is waaaaaayyyy better than the guilt of missing it.

lottie - Good luck at the dentist girl. Better you than me!

bb - DMV on your day off? That is just wrong.

ruth - womaning which is much better than manning hehe

wannabe - Great that you are doing so well on Ph1, I wish I was in FL.

beach gal - Have fun with that plumber, tell him he needs to work faster since he was late.

tropical kitty - I think it is a hard time of the year. Glad your vaca went splendid!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #12  

ACHOOOOO! Schatzi reporting in and headin back to bed! Will try to catch up with chicks later or tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Mornin' ladies,

Well thank God! I feel back in the swing of things. Was actually able to get up and work out this morning, which had been impossible for me every since I had gotten back. And my eating is going great, so I think I'm on my way to losing those last 10 pounds! BF and I are going to start house sitting tonight for a family friend who has a huge house in a really nice part of town complete with pool and huge screen TV! Yaaay! It's like vacation all over again!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Shatzi - Feel better!

Stephie - Feel better!

Mscrockett - Totally understand, the weather definitely affects my moods! Good for you for getting your workout in!

Tropicalkitty - I've heard Maine is BEAUTIFUL! I bet that was a blast!

Laurie - Way to not go crazy with your midnight snacking! I have problems with Fudgcycles myself and may not be allowed to buy them anymore... haven't bought any since I got back.

Wannabe - Hang in there on Phase 1, I started feeling euphoric after 3 days, just so happy and so much energy!

Ruth - Congrats at the Doctor! Way to get that stuff under control! 7 is late?

Beach bum - Good luck at the DMV, I totally understand getting cute for a pic you're going to have to deal with for the next 5+ years!

Lottie - Good luck at the dentist... and I think I missed it, what's the story with getting your pic taken for a mag?

Cottage - Get that exercise in girl! It'll make the rest of your day GREAT (as you know)

Kiko - Hang in there on Phase 1! It is crazy how a bunch of crappy food makes you feel, huh?
Old 05-17-2006, 12:03 PM   #14  

Hey there, everyone. I'm having a good day so far -- it's finally sunny in Boston! Of course, just north of here, everything is still underwater from flooding, so it's not all good.

AND I'm down a couple pounds more than my ticker is saying -- I won't change it until Monday, see if the weight loss sticks.

I bought a new rug for my bedroom yesterday. My room just wasn't feeling very homey anymore. Any decorating ideas, chickies? I can't reliably match colors, unless they happen to be the same shade.

Stephie -- I love work-at-home days, but I'm never all that productive. Too many distractions!

Sarah -- Glad everything going well for you! Your vacay pics are great, BTW!

MsCrockett -- sorry the blah days getting to you!

TropicalKitty -- It's early for visiting Maine, but hope you had a nice time!

Beachbum -- good luck with the photo! My last pic is from 4 years ago, when I had a tan from a Bahamas vacation. I wanted to preserve my only tan ever!

Schatzi -- feel better soon!

cottage -- hope you enjoyed Curves! I skipped the gym yesterday but managed to do strengthening at home.

kiko -- I know what you mean, I feel out of sorts for days after eating too carby.

lottie -- hope the dentist fixes you up!

Ruth -- I know my kitties are nice to cuddle with, but they definitely tend to take up more than their share of space at nighttime!

Beachgal -- I'm hoping I never develop any problems with sugar substitutes. My lunchtime Jell-o gets me through the day, especially on weekends! Let us know how the no-Splenda experiment goes, if you try it.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Thanks for all the advice,

Back from the DMV,I was surprised the clerk let me take two photos one with a smile the other without. She & I thought the one with the smile was better.

Now that the sun is shinning,after a whole week of rain I will be able to go out for my long walk while picking up the mail. Made some veggie soup,for the evening snack attack also. Gee!! I really accomplished alot and it only 1 P.M.

Hugs BB
Closed Thread