Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 07:20 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Thumbs up Binge-free Week May 15th Start

Here's to another binge-free week/day/whatever you've got in you.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:33 AM   #2  

count me in, last week was good for me 5 binge free days out of the 7. going for at least that this week too.

calling harpo and jay?? are you out of town on business or something?? if not please check in with us!!

have a great week everyone!!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:07 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm going to try and make it 2 weeks in a row!!!!

However next weekend we're visiting the parents Never a good time for good eating! BUT mum is doing SW sooooo I shall try very very hard to put my inner rebelious child to sleep and let sensible me take over the eating front!
Old 05-15-2006, 10:52 AM   #4  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

Hey you guys! I'm happy I clicked on this thread! I've just started OA and I am 13 days (today will be 14) binge free! This is the hardest thing I've ever done, but I'm glad I'm doing it. Keep up the great work you guys!
Old 05-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #5  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi everybody!

I just got back from a trip to Chicago! It's a great city, but the weather was yucko! It rained everyday and there were record low temps---lowest in over 100 years! (I'm from the south so anything less than 50 degrees is a FREEZE!) And I figured out why Chicago is known as the "windy city".

I was really worried that just tasting my trigger foods would turn me into a binge machine. I made it without bingeing once!!!

I did, however, eat foods I shouldn't I must say that I really, really enjoyed eating some "forbidden" foods. Until I got home and faced the scale

I got home and jumped on the scale and almost fainted!
I was up 8lbs in 5 days!!! I know it's impossible to gain that much fat that quickly so I blame the sodium!

So, I'm back on track and looking forward to a great binge-free week!!!!
I hope everyone's having a good week!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

ooops, I've been busy!! Sorry to make you worry Jodi!! Okay last week was a washup (I think I only managed 2 binge free days), but I'm back this week!! I've recommitted to plan and exercise, and I will be binge free.

Good luck everyone!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:08 PM   #7  
Hot by association

S/C/G: ?/110/?

Hi everyone!

I never thought I'd being looking forward to a monday, but I'm thankful to have a fresh week to start over with. This my second day of healthy eating since the great soup binge of 2006 .

2frustrated: I can relate to your willpower stuggle with food atyour parents' house. It seems like I always eat the most when I'm around friends/family!

bigfatty: Congratulations on 14 days of no binges. You are a definate role model for all of us!

telemetry: Aaah sodium! Don't worry, I'm sure those 8 pounds are just water weight. I know salt makes me puff up like a little dumpling.

And to everyone else, take care and have a marvelous week!
Old 05-15-2006, 07:54 PM   #8  

glad to see you harpo! you sound very positive and determined let's have a good week girl!!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:49 PM   #9  

ok guys--i'm in. today was, well, just ok. I had a group meeting over lunch and they picked a buffet--poor me but I ate too much--not way too much cuz i was eating in public, but still more than I needed. And then I had ****--DH made it for mothers day, and then ***** for dinner--ordered it for my son and his friend. blech. you see how excuses fuel my day? This is one of the benefits of writing this kind of stuff down. I wouldn't have normally come to the conclusion that I was making excuses for overeating all day. hmmm... Tomorrow--no excuses.

What do you guys do to get more vegetables in? There are times I go days with no vegetables. Any tricks?

*j
Old 05-15-2006, 09:27 PM   #10  

Hey, darlin's. How the heck is everyone?

Still not binging. I don't know what's wrong with me lately.

Jay, I'm with you re: veggies.
Some people will be sick of hearing this, but I've taken to roasting mine. Potatoes (mini white ones sweet potatoes), sweet white onions, carrots, etc. Cut them up, put them in an ovenproof pan (I use my cast iron), stir them around with a tbsp of olive oil, a tbsp or so of rosemary, some salt and freshly ground pepper. Roast at 425 degrees for about 45 minutes. They're awesome.
You could also have a V-8.

Elizabeth, I'm so glad you had a good time AND enjoyed your forbidden foods. That's just airplane weight, eh? I'll be gone by next week.

You're all doing great, girls... here's to another good day tomorrow!
Old 05-16-2006, 02:20 AM   #11  

I came scarily close to breaking my 19 day binge free record today.. I've been doing soo good brushing off temptation. But I dont know, today, I was just so discouraged. I weighed in and gained 1 pound from my last weigh in even though I haven't binged in over 2 weeks and have been exercising nearly everyday. I was at work and went to the kitchen and there was a big bag full of pan dulce (mexican sweet bread), an old favorite of my binges. anyway I opened the bag and tore a piece off one of them and ate it. Then left. Then came back later, tore another chunk off and ate it. I almost said "screw it" and just start binging but that voice in the back of my head was telling me not to mess this up..20 days binge free.. I just can't do it. So I didn't! I almost did not exercise today either, but you know what, I got off my butt and did it, after 10 pm too! but I just had to. whew! that was a close one!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:40 AM   #12  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hi everyone!

Oh, the third binge- free week/ day/ whatever challenge for me...

I made it binge- free yesterday!

I had a big breakfast today, but not bingeing....- at least I think it was no binge.
I have a hard time organizing myself again and stop me from collecting messy days....
But I keep my food journal and avoid the big binges.

Welcome bigfatty! Congratulations on your binge free days!

telemetrynurse, maybe you weight gain was just because your body stores water because of that woman- monthly- thingy (writing: period would be a false frind, or?)

Hungry2live, you did great! I guess it was terrible hard, or?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:57 AM   #13  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

the first thing I want to say is: I LOVE THIS THREAD!! It is so nice to be around others who suffer from the same as me. Not only suffer, but acknowledge it.

Thanks for the kind words Belle, I don't feel like that, but thanks because it's very encouraging.

And congrats to all of you who made it through yesterday binge free!

HERE'S TO ANOTHER DAY OF BEING IN CONTROL!!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/159/150

i'm a brand new member and i think it'd be a good idea if i joined you guys

the last b/p i had was on the 11th and i've been trucking along since then

would everyone be ok if i posted my food intake for the day just to keep myself accountable? or would that be triggering? i don't want to go against the rules
Old 05-16-2006, 03:16 PM   #15  

Gingerbread, welcome!
If you'd like to, you can join this thread here to post your meals: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84331

Thanks so much for being considerate of the rest of us. Some of us are set off on a binge very easily.

Congratulations on your success so far... keep it up!!
Closed Thread