South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 10:58 AM   #1  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Default Nut addiction

Help! I have gone nut-crazy. Almost all my fat today in my meal plan is coming from nuts! I need some good alternative yummy snack foods! How do I wean myself off the nuts?

Jessie
Old 05-16-2006, 11:19 AM   #2  
South Beach Life Style

either dont buy anymore.. and make yourself think they are horrible for you, or find something like yogurt, jello. I dont know what phase you are on,. but when I am trying to break an eating habit,, when I want it, I will drink 33 oz of water everytime I get the craving, then see how I feel.. and some time I drink enough water to float a battle ship..LOL
Old 05-16-2006, 11:50 AM   #3  

Jessie: I'm a fellow Nut addict.. I use to go through a 5 pound bag of pistachios in a week--easy... I realize I have no will power or portion control when it comes to any kind of nut so I avoid them completely. I've been eating alot of celery in its place... and roasted chick peas ....
Old 05-16-2006, 10:41 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Here's some ideas:
  • Roasted Chickpeas are awesome!
  • How about bell peppers (especially red, yellow, and orange) dipped in hummus (I love Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic hummus flavors)
  • Roasted Soy nuts (which are actually beans, not nuts) do have fat, so you can't go overboard, but they are a great nut replacement.
  • Have you tried Jicama? It's an awesome crunchy white veggie that goes great in dips. It's a hispanic food so it seems especially good with salsa.
  • celery and laughing cow cheese
  • 3 (or 4) bean salad is a great snack!!!
  • I love plain yogurt mixed with a tsp or two of SF jam, sprinkle of cinnamon, a packet of Splenda, and a little wheat germ thrown on top. Mmmm...

If the problem is just that you keep eating and eating, try putting your portions in baggies or small containers and then grab only one. Drink water, chew SF gum, drink tea, but don't overeat. If you are overeating, ask yourself why. Are you craving? (do P1 again for a bit if you are) Are you dealing with emotional eating? Try journaling to deal with your emotions or other coping skills, like exercising, calling a friend, or taking a bubble bath.

You can beat this 'addiction', chica!
Closed Thread