Old 05-15-2006, 07:18 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat/ 5/15-21

Well, today is a brand new day. I'm barely awake though. The plan for after the fast didn't work out. The piggy in me decided to take over and I truly DO have no self control. But I also realized through this that I've got to get a schedule in place. A routine. And put exercise and cleaning (yes, the 2 things I'm allergic to ) into it. So that's the plan today. A bit of cleaning. A bit of exercise. Some reading. That is IF it rains. If it doesn't, then I've got to mow the hay field...I mean what used to be the lawn Off to go get the day started
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:04 AM   #2  
is about to be slim !!

S/C/G: 170/164.4/147

Height: 5ft 3in

Brenda

You make me laugh!! I to am needing to exercise I have been in fornt of my pc for hours! I am praying for rain as I can't possibly run in the rain will cathc a cold. Instead I am gonna find some nice recipes for myself and make things to eat.

Enjoy your day

Amanda xxx
AmandaMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:12 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Its been crazy busy around here for the last 2 weeks. Will be fairly busy this week, and the weekend too, but I'll try to pop in more often to keep myself in check.

Lots of new folks around.....

Lacey~ welcome back, so tell me, just how much are you enjoying your new home?

Im off to get my day started, have a great one ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:37 AM   #4  
Going to ONEderland

The weather here is so extremely strange today and yesterday. It has a feeling in the air that I don't like. It makes me feel anxious. I was watching the news yesterday and I guess the weather across the country is all a bit strange, but (from the way I understand it) the weather for our country starts on the west coast, blows in from the ocean, and affects the rest of the country.

Yesterday we had a very hot day. It was 83 in the house long after the outside had cooled down. I slept with the front door open and only the security screen door locked. Normally our nights aren't warm enough to do that, but today they were. There is a strange quality in the air. News said there is a low pressure system off the coast that is stalled out there, trying to move in, but unable to right now.

I don't know what this means, but when we've experienced this type of weather before, a lot of times the mid west experiences tornadoes. Sometimes even here we have dust devils, little start-to-be tornadoes, that never really amount to much.

There is an expectant quality to the air. Like something is about to happen. I don't know what. Earthquake? That's all the natural disasters we usually experience out here on the west coast. And I'm not sure it feels like earthquake weather. Maybe I'm just anxious because I know extreme heat makes me feel ill.

Anyway keep alert all of you. Especially those of you in the tornado areas. This feels like something that is going to affect people in other areas east of here. Maybe it is just my joints anticipating that low pressure system that is trying to move in. Sometimes when the pressure is getting ready to change, there is this anxious strange feeling.

Self control? What's that? I'm not sure I have much if any control. I just try and keep my choices from being too awful. Control is too much to ask for right now. Better choices, attempts to keep most of my decisions on the more positive side. At the moment that is all I can do. Drink my water, get some exercise, avoid eating the worst things, try and eat more of the healthy things, the natural things, and avoid the artificial things.

Perfectionism makes me give up and not try, so instead I'm just trying to do the best I can with what I can. Getting more exercise working in the garden. Trying to put in some veggys. Heat defeats me though, so I'm trying to work while its cool.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Morning:
I'm going to mow my yard as well today. We have had stuff going on days when it was dry enough to mow, and when I had time to mow too wet to do so, so now it is too high not to get it done right away.
Mother's Day was awesome. Ate terrible cause did not cook at all. But that was a nice treat. And have new dining room furniture as well as living room furniture. Gotta clean house at some point because moved it in and gotta get all the stuff resituated.
Mom inlaw is having hip replacement surgery in the morning. I may be there while the surgery is going on so may be MIA most of this week. If that turns out to be the case I'll see ya'll about Friday or Saturday. Just depends on how she does and how much help she needs.
Sherry that is interesting. I'm in Texas and had a small twister in my back yard a couple of years ago. Moved a kiddie pool with water in it over into the neighbors yard. I am always scared that a big one will come our way though. Hate tornados.
Anyway gotta run and get stuff done around here in case I'm not here. Ya'll have a great day.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

Amanda: You can have our rain. We've gotten too much of it!

Robin: Enjoy your week

Sherry: We live in an area that never used to have tornado's. Last year there were 3 in our "township" alone. One was about 3 miles from our house. We didn't even know about it until AFTER it was through the area. The weather station never TOLD us. Luckily the county had us in a watch so we had the kids in the basement while we tried getting things ready to be down there. By the time we got it ready it was already past. Go figure! But I know what you mean---this weather is funny and one never knows what's going to happen anymore---or WHEN. Stay safe!!

Ciarra: Hope you can get the lawn mowed. If yours is like ours, you'll have to do it in stages so it doesn't look like mowed hay. I've got ours done at the
2nd highest level that can be on the lawn mower. If possible in another couple days I'll do it again w/it at a lower setting until it's back to manageable length again. But with the rain we're supposed to get? We might be lucky I got what I did done!!

Well, off to take a shower to get rid of the grass and exhause smell from the lawn mower. Then maybe a haircut and a nap. I'm feeling sick to my stomach so not sure what the deal is. Maybe the junk finally caught up with me? dunno. But I know that water doesn't hold any appeal. Drinking a diet 7up hi everyone.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:53 PM   #7  
Susan hockeyfan7

Hi everyone!

Ladies, sorry but I'm not buying the "I'm allergic to exercise" routine. Start small with just 10 to 15 minutes a day, every day. Walk around the block. Climb stairs in your house or just go to the stair landing and do steps up and down on one stair. Ride a bike. Dance to the music. Just do one thing. Each day add another minute. Before you know it, you'll be doing 30-45-60 minutes a day and you will be addicted.

Exercise isn't just for weight loss. Cardio strengths your heart and your lungs and regular exercise can help protect you from heart disease and stroke, high blood pressure, noninsulin-dependent diabetes, obesity, back pain, osteoporosis, and can improve your mood and help you to better manage stress.

And yes, mowing the lawn counts as exercise.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:00 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan7
Hi everyone!

Ladies, sorry but I'm not buying the "I'm allergic to exercise" routine. Start small with just 10 to 15 minutes a day, every day. Walk around the block. Climb stairs in your house or just go to the stair landing and do steps up and down on one stair. Ride a bike. Dance to the music. Just do one thing. Each day add another minute. Before you know it, you'll be doing 30-45-60 minutes a day and you will be addicted.

Exercise isn't just for weight loss. Cardio strengths your heart and your lungs and regular exercise can help protect you from heart disease and stroke, high blood pressure, noninsulin-dependent diabetes, obesity, back pain, osteoporosis, and can improve your mood and help you to better manage stress.

And yes, mowing the lawn counts as exercise.
I agree 100% !!!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 02:38 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Susan, I was joking about being allergic. And if I push mowed the lawn I'd count the exercise but I use the rider.

Robin:

Got my hair cut and now might lay down for a nap. Still feeling sick to my stomach. Thought the 7-up would settle it. I was wrong
Old 05-15-2006, 03:12 PM   #10  
I CAN do this !

S/C/G: 197/188/130

Smile

Hi Everyone...hope everyone is having a good day ! It's a beautiful day here for May (21 degrees). I went for a walk at lunchtime for about an hour...it was so nice to be outside.

Take care all !
BrownEyedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:25 PM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, we've had a lot of rain here lately too. I mowed the yard today and it was really needing it. Used the rider of course but it still took me 3 hrs. I have my husband out doing the weed-eating. I'm a little mad at him right now. I mentioned to him that Friday on our daughter's birthday that I had cake and pizza with all the girls. He acted shocked and then proceeded to tell me that I've been weighing too often. I don't know what difference this makes to him. It just hit me wrong. I wanted to say "let me see you lose a lot of weight and then tell you what to do". I know I went off program and figured having only done this twice in almost 11 months was actually very good. Sorry to rant, he's usually very good and supportive but he pi@@ed me off. I went back on program on Sat. and have stuck to it. My weight hasn't changed any yet, hope it doesn't.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:38 PM   #12  
Lovin' Life

Brenda, Im not going to answer for Susan, but I knew you were joking (sorta ) Exercising causes us to sweat, makes the heart race and shortens our breath........sounds like an allergic reaction to me!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 03:47 PM   #13  

Afternoon girls:

Sounds like everyone's day is already moving.

Lilybelle - I was thinking that maybe he's so affraid of you unraveling your marvelous success with that cheat, that it scares him. Men react like idiots with out really meaning to sometimes, and surely they would say we do the same thing. The weighing yourself to much (if that's true) is probably because you are so darn close to your goal.

Off to the library with the kiddos. Nothing to report here. Had a wonderful Indian dinner last night with the family for MD instead of sushi. I was good, made right choices, and enjoyed every darn bite!
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:32 PM   #14  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Brenda: did you get any exercise in?? sorry you're not feeling well. Your icon pic is 'da bomb' by the way!! you are lookin' hot!! *SSSSSS*
Do you like your new do?

Amanda: so what recipes did you make?

Robin: since I'm out of the loop clue me into your business. Is it a 'good' busy or a 'thing going nutty' busy? I still really like the new house but I'm working so much not to PAY for it that I haven't been IN it much LOL

Sherry: yes, the weather here has been STRANGE. One day I'll be wearing a coat, the next I'll have to wear shorts and a tank.

Ciarra: you got living room and dining room furniture?! We wanna see!!!

lilybelle: when I hit 150 I'm going to be weighing much more than the 2 times a day that I weigh now!! I might be like the women in that cereal commercial and tie the scale on my leg so I can weigh all day. Some men just DON'T get it.

all your mowing stories have inspired me 'sorta' to think about mowing too. All we have is a push mower though and almost 5 acres to mow if I do a little each evening then I bet I can get it done by the end of the week

I got half of my basement painted, I have a sewing room now and that's SO exciting to me!!! I don't think the basement has been touched in 70 years so it needs a ton of work, but it's fun thinking of all the possibilities!!

Have an awesome evening girlies!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:42 PM   #15  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Well I restarted induction today. I think I am suffering from strep again for the 2nd time in 3 weeks, it is just ridiculous. I just dont know what to do, i feel like it will never go away. On a brighter side, I dyed my hair black instead of blonde and I so love it. well I am going to go and lay down. Catch up later.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote