Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 11:56 AM   #1  
Dena

S/C/G: 194/191/165

Default New to Boards

Hello. My name is Dena. I'm a third time trier of WW and this time I'm doing sooo bad it's embarrassing. I was on WW Flex in 01 and lost almost 10lbs. Since then I've had two kids and they are 2 and 3 yrs old and I've gained alot! I'm trying to so hard to lose this weight but I've seemed to have lost all my willpower. I cannot tell myself NO now.

I'm doing Flex currently but want to try Flex. If I could eat till I'm full and HAVE a stricter food allowance it may help. But I have NO idea how to start.

My biggest problem would be breakfast and Lunch and Snacks.

I need ideas! I need inspiration!

Should I even attempt Core or stay with Flex because I know I can be good on it if I just fight myself more.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #2  

Hi Dena, I am also new to core This being my second week. I can't tell you how many times I have done flex & failed. I find that Core works best for me, I love all the food you are allowed to eat and I do not feel like I am dieting, the variety of food is great. There are alot of choices for breakfast, lunch & snacks, check out the core recipes thay have tons of ideas. My first week I lost 2.4 lbs.
Hope this helps! If you decide to give core a try this is a great group for support.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:37 PM   #3  
Melissa

Dena, I think it's great that you want to try core. You didn't say how long you have been attemping flex (this time). My main suggestion would be to look through our recipe board and also old daily menus. That would probably help you get an idea of what kinds of things we eat. No healthy eating plan is always easy but I think Core is the best! Good luck and hope that you will join us.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:23 PM   #4  
Dena

I'm going to spend alot of time checking those out. I really hope it will show me a change I need.
I did it for 20 weeks then took a 2 month break and have been on Flex this third time for 8 weeks and I haven't even hit my first 5 lbs I have NO control.

I'm dealing with a whacky hormonal cycle and I feel bloated alot. I'm finding it easier to say no to a binge attack because I'm displaying some food allergies, I have an allergist appointment tomorrow. So, I've been staying away from Fast Food.

I lost 4lbs last week, which was really good, since I had weighed in more than when I started, I'm so embarrassed
Old 05-15-2006, 02:44 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Dena, to our little corner of the world! I'm embarassed, too, that I haven't been doing well lately. Let's try and get to the finish line together.

I started Core in September of 2004 and lost 45 pounds by my first anniversary. I've basically kept that weight off without losing any more but it is NOT the program's fault. I've had a variety of health/emotional issues in the last 7 months that have left me less than dedicated. I've continued to eat Core, though, and have not gained back more than a couple of pounds which I think is MARVELOUS!!! I still have 120 pounds to lose and I intend to do so by following the Core plan with the help of my friends here.

Here's my 2 cents worth. I do not journal but when I am being successful I DO track (on the tracker provided by WW) the main components; healthy oil, fruits and veggies, milk, WPA's used, and AP's earned and used. I also religiously drink 8 eight ounce glasses of plain water each day and try to get more if possible. I'm convinced that this is necessary with all the fiber and whole grains that we consume. When I do all of these things AND exercise at least 3 times a week, I lose weight.

I love not weighing, measuring, and tracking. Having said that, I try always to be aware of what one portion of any food is and I try to start with one portion. If I'm still hungry then I have more. That's one of the greatest beauties of Core....if you are still hungry, you may eat more. I was ALWAYS hungry on Flex because I would not choose wisely and I never ate my fruits, veggies and milk.

You should check out our recipe board especially if you have a hard time getting in fruits and milks. We have some absolutely to die for smoothies that help you get in these items.

I hope this helps.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:42 PM   #6  
Dena

Thanks for sharing your story with me, Vicki. I've been printing some of the food ideas so I can go over them tonight. If I want to do Core, I'm going to start tomorrow. I weigh in on Tuesday nights. Maybe I should change over on Wednesday then. I dunno.
I really think I can do this. I'm checking out what's available to me and I think I can do it
Closed Thread