Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187.5/180/130

Default Newbie here

Hey everyone! My name is Angela, I'm 5'4" and I weigh 185 lbs, and I'm 17 years old.

I actually was motivated to go on a diet last year after I came home from a vacation to Italy - all the people there are incredibly skinny, and I really felt like your stereotypical fat American. I went on Atkins for two months and lost about 25 lbs, and manged to keep it off for about 6 months. Then my junior year of high school started, and the stress of AP classes, my GPA, standardized testing, and other college woes (coupled with the then-devastation of my boyfriend dumping me), distracted me from losing/maintaing the weight, and I gained back another 15 lbs, which puts me at my current weight. The pants are getting a bit snug. I turned 17 on Friday, and it dawned on me that within a year I would be leaving for college, some place far far away from New Jersey (hopefully), where nobody will know me at all. I've always been a bit fat, and at home that seems to overshadow all of my other accomplishments...so it means a lot to me, then, that I lose about 50 lbs before I leave for college. I should be starting Atkins tomorrow.

Naturally high school isn't the most supportive environment for someone on a diet, so I'm really really glad that I've found this place. Hopefully we can reach our goals together.
bluehawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 03:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/180/130

Hi Angela,

Welcome! I'm new here too. I'm not sure of all that the site has to offer yet, but everyone has been so nice and welcoming that I know we'll do great!!

Don't lose sight of how terrific you are no matter what you weigh. I know that being thin can be the dangling carrot for most of us, but as you said that can overshadow your other accomplishments, and it shouldn't.

If you ever just need to talk look me up, I'm on yahoo.

Good luck to you,

Arenace
Arenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:42 PM   #3  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

You should find lots of support here. There is a forum for those doing Atkins. Plus there are quite a few teens as well. Beat the bushes and see if you can find them!
SSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:56 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

HI Angela and Glad you found us and hope you find lots of encouragement here!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:03 AM   #5  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Angela ~~ This site is the best!!! I hope you find everything you need here and the support and motivation is out of this world!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 01:20 AM   #6  
willbthin

S/C/G: 268/248/130

Default Welcom

I'm new on here too i just started posting yesterday...i think u will find a lot of encouragement here and the people are really friendly too!! GOOD LUCK
willbthin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote