Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-13-2006, 08:53 AM   #1  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Define Few

I see this is a new sub-forum. I ask whoever created it: how do you define "few" as the listed criteria for posting here? Is it measured in the amount of pounds you want to lose or the % of your body weight that you want to lose? For example I want to lose the amount of 25 pounds which is 16% of my body weight. Whereas someone else may want to lose 25 pounds but it's 10% of her body weight. Also, some may look at 25 pounds as the last few in comparison to what was lost to get there. Others (like me) may look at 25 pounds as a huge mountain to climb at the beginning of a weight loss journey.

This is written with some "tongue in cheek" but I really am interested in knowing as perhaps some of the other 400 who have viewed here are.
SSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:07 PM   #2  
it's always something

There isn't an exact definition. We're flexible We get a lot of newbies that may have 5, 10, 20 pounds to lose, and they may have different needs in regards to support. Not always, and we do encourage everyone to spread themselves around here because everyone has something to offer But we've also had several requests for a forum for those that would be geared towards losing just a few pounds, whether it's all you have to lose, or if you have lost a lot and are down to those last few pounds that are hardest to lose.

I think "few" is subjective. It's partly based on your own comfort level and if you personally feel that you have a few pounds to lose in comparison to other dieters.

I created this forum late last night (midnight) and Jennifer had an "about this forum" post that she had written and was going to copy here, but she fell asleep before I sent her the email to say it was up. She'll be online tonight and will make the post that will explain it further.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:09 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

I think it's a great idea, Suzanne... LOL there is certainly no question I don't belong here! Not yet anyway... but someday.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

It has been announced! If you consider yourself a featherweight, then you belong. We've seen instances where women come along needing to lose 10 pounds, and they don't always get quite the warm fuzzy welcome if fellow members are having a scale crisis. We realized we had all kinds of groups, but nothing for the lighter crowd. Just one more service we offer.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 147.6/145.4/130

Default Thank You!

Thank you Thank you Thank you for adding this subforum!!!!!!!!!
mdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:51 AM   #6  
Mel

Thanks Jennifer and Suzanne! As a slightly yo-yoing maintainer, I very often need to lose a few. Those creeping 5-10 really are just as insurmountable and even harder than the first 60- but not too many at the other end of the scale want to hear it or believe it! I'm sure I don't get a lot of sympathy

Thanks for the new forum

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:47 AM   #7  
WW Moderator

Yer welcome! It is true, a size 4 aching to get back to the 2's doesn't pull the heart strings of every size 16. And I didn't fully 'get it' until I started lifting weights and reading at Ladies Who Lift. Now I get it!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:49 PM   #8  

Well, I'm an 8 yearning to get back into my 6's. 12 pounds I gained from quitting smoking. It has taken me a year to lose 6 pounds. Now my goals are to firm up the fluffy, keep my bp and cholesterol down, and lose those 6#s. I must say that at age 56 I feel better than I ever have. Thanks so much!!!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote