Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 02:18 PM   #1  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Talking Runner's Club

Hello everyone! I am a 27 year old aspiring runner...aspiring because I am trying...I don't call myself a runner yet. I have a goal to run a 5K by September 2002. I know there are others out there who would love to have some motivation to get out there and run your butt off-literally! If that is you, come join me! We can chat, motivate each other, have challenges...whatever. Is anybody with me on this one?

Hope to hear from you soon!
Old 10-23-2001, 02:25 PM   #2  
Bono Fanatic!

Hi! I am a 28 year old aspiring runner, and still consider myself an aspiring runner, even though I have run 2 5K's this year (just ran one on Saturday!) I love them! I also love the satisfaction you can get from running, as it is not something many people can do easily.

Talk to you soon!
Jen
Old 10-23-2001, 02:28 PM   #3  

Hi there! I am a runner. I'm not fast, by any means, but I do enjoy myself when I have the opporuntiy to get out there for a jog I used to run 45 minutes five to six days a week but that was when I was a college student with time to do that before my 10AM class. Now that I'm working full time and I'm married, I can't ever find the time to run that long. I don't want to get up at five in the mornings to run And it seems like after work, I'm too tired or too hungry or there is housework that needs doing, so I just skip my run. I need some motivation to get back into it, daily I also have an ellipitical machine for cold or rainy days and I need to get on that some. As well as lift weights.

Count me in on this club!
Old 10-24-2001, 01:59 PM   #4  
Muscle Mommy

Smile

Hello everyone! I am very excited about this club, and I am hoping that more people join in. I need some motivation. Jen, WoW! That's great to have already ran 2 5K races. That qualifies you as a runner to me So how long hav you guys been running? I ran in high school. I was on the track and cross country teams. I was fairly good. My coach kept ensuring me I would get a full ride to college as a distance runner...Well, life got in the way, and at 17 I had my first baby boy. I still ran track my senior year though, but really was not very good. There went my scholarship! However, I got one of the best three things I ever had in my entire life! My baby boy He's not a baby anymore..He's 10 years old, and growing! Anyway I ran some after high school, but never enough to stay fit. After I had baby#2 another mean little boy, my weight skyrocketed, and running was not an option. I would walk up steps going to class and my heart would feel like it was going to explode! I weighed 207 pounds the summer of 2000. I went on a diet and lost 12 pounds then found out I was pregnant with baby #3. This time it was a baby girl, but after my pregnancy I was left out of shape worse than ever before! I immediately began to work out...but then I found out I had to have my gallbladder taken out...and a tumor removed from my back! They did both surgeries at once, and thank god everything turned out okay! I lost some weight while I was breatfeeding, and then I went to my doctor and got put on an appetite suppressant...I lost down to 185, but couldn't stay on it because it made me feel like I had PMS all the time...I began running the same time. I am not consistant with it, and I still can not run an entire mile without walking, but it feels good to try...when I run, I feel like I have found home...I am happy...and free....and it actually feels good to push myself til it hurts. Crazy? Well it's great to have you guys join the club! Let me know how your runs go...I will do the same! What are some of your goals? Weight loss, and running? Hopefully we can reach them together!

Much Love!
Old 10-25-2001, 04:17 PM   #5  

I was inspired to start running the second semester of my senior year of high school (three years ago~I know, I'm young!) by my Dad. My Dad has been one of those "off and on excerisers" and at the time he was running. Well, I thought, if Dad can, so can I So...I started jogging around the neighborhood and LOVED the high I got from running and was addicted. I love early morning runs, but they wear me out, so I don't do them much, since I'm working full time and can't sneak a nap in anymore
So I've been running for about three years. I've run in about five or six 5ks. In fact, the last 5k that I was in, I placed first in my age group I was happy with that and plan to run that same race again this May when it is that time!

What I want to run is a 10K that goes over two high rise bridges down at the beach (an hour away from where I live), but I'm not sure I'm in shape for that right yet.
Old 10-26-2001, 01:26 PM   #6  
Muscle Mommy

Thumbs down

Hey Everybody!!!!

Anna, I know about the high you get from running...I just am so uninspired right now....that's why I started this club, to get motivation to run...alot of people look at you like you're crazy when you tell them you are a runner...like, "why do you do that?" Wow! that seems like quite a 10K you are wanting to do...it sounds really cool. i just want to get through my first 5k...and I'm not pushing it..I am giving myself a whole year to do it. After that I am going to set another goal to run a marathon...It's something I've always wanted to do my whole life...the farthest I have ever ran is 16 miles...when I was in high school. When our football team would play the neighboring county we had this tradition that the cross country team would run the football there. The next year they would run it back to us. My Junior year I ran the whole way...it was so easy I was in such great shape. We got there showered, and then went and walked around the track, chatting with our friends...I wasn't a bit tired. Ahhhh! To be young again....

I haven't ran the last 2 days...it has been INCREDIBLY windy here! I tried, but I wasn't getting anywhere so I stopped and went inside and did a kickboxing video instead.

See ya!
Old 10-29-2001, 10:56 AM   #7  

Unmotivated is so right! Hopefully this thread will give me some movitvation. You are right, it's harder to get the inspiration to go out in the cold and the wind, but you have done better than me I haven't done a thing since about last Wednesday! Oops! I'm GOING to workout after work, but I'll probably use my ellpicital machine. With this time change, it's going to be dark after I get off work now

Thanks for starting this thread!
Old 10-29-2001, 11:30 AM   #8  
Bono Fanatic!

Hey girls! Sorry I haven't checked in for a while....
I have been having problems with my foot, and thought I had a stress fracture. It turns out I have plantar facsiitis and have to see a podiatrist. I guess it is a fairly common running injury, but it sucks! Soooooo I am supposed to stay off of my feet, which I haven't been doing very well at! It hurts to walk a lot, but I have still been doing Tae-Bo and the elliptical machine at the gym!

Lodyangel - It sounds like you used to be quite a runner!! I'm sure it will be no time before you are back up to par! Just keep going!!

Anna - You placed first in your age group??! Wow! I told you I am a novice, and run at a very average speed, so I am impressed!

Have a great day!
Talk to you soon!
Jen
Old 10-29-2001, 02:46 PM   #9  

I did place first in my age group, but I'm in that group that there aren't that many in. But I placed first out of five

Jen--Don't let that injury bring you down! I hate being hurt to where I can't run :blue: That stinks! And sometimes I get down about it...but try not too and keep doing what you can to stay in shape![/B]
Old 11-07-2001, 08:15 AM   #10  
Muscle Mommy

Talking

Hey Guys! I am soooo sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I started a second job to make more Christmas money, and I have been really busy at my first job, and didn't have time to post. I haven't been staying on track with my running either. It's getting cold and with it getting darker sooner, I don't have alot of time left to run. I know it's excuses...but I will try harder!

Jen_ I am sorry about the injury too. Just keep a positive outlook and hang in there. It sounds like you are doing a great job with trying to stay in shape.

Well Have a great day guys, and I hope to hear back from some of you!

Old 11-29-2004, 05:32 PM   #11  

How do we join the club? I'm 34 and used to be a competitive runner. Then, I had some upsets in life, gained a bunch of weight, and now have just took 30 off with 30 more to go. I'm looking to find other newbie runners to share the joys of running with. Did I find the right place?
Closed Thread