South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Lightbulb New York State Meetup?

Hey, Beachies!

Do you live near (or are willing to drive to) central NY? A couple of us do and are thinking about meeting up in the Fingerlakes area (can anyone say wineries??? ). Let's use this thread to figure out when, where, and who all can join us!

I have plans for the beginning of July and think I might also be busy in the middle of July. Would June or August work for anyone? It's a ways away, but the fall in this area is just breathtaking...if you came up in the beginning of October, you could enjoy wineries and scenery! Let's get some ideas and see what works!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Great idea! I'm pretty flex.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

That sounds fun! I could drive up there. I've always wanted to go up there and around that time I'll need a break from Thesis preparation. I won't be able to do anything until after August though. Maybe this will be my chance to see more of the Eastern US before I head back to CA. And of course, meet up with you lovely gals!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It sounds like fun! We're renting a cottage on Lake Keuka or Lake Cayuga the 3rd week of August, so that would be good for me, but I'm willing to drive up in the Fall if that would be better.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:43 PM   #5  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

August or the fall would work for me!
Old 05-13-2006, 12:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/243/160

Doesn't matter for me really. I can always just tell my job to give my 2days off as those when you want to meet up. I currently work for a hotel so I can try to get anyone some cheap rooms with my discount - I think I can have up to 4 rooms with my employee discount. And I know we have a property, I think on Lake Seneca, which is like 5-20mins from a bunch of vineyards.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:56 AM   #7  
I can do this!

There are great wineries around Seneca and Keuka, and some around Cayuga, too. Seneca is the easiest to navigate around and the most popular around here...but Keuka has some fantastic wineries and the pace is much slower. If we want, we can pool our funds and get a limo for the day...that way you don't have to worry about how much wine you consume! I have to admit that they give you about a 1/4 of a glass for each wine you taste at most of these places...some have you taste their entire collection, others will offer all the wines in the category you like (like whites, reds, blushes, etc.) You usually end up drinking quite a lot after you've been to 2 or 3 places.

Cottage, I will be SO dissapointed if you're this close and I don't get to see you! I live very close to Cayuga and only an hour away from Keuka...so let me know when you're heading up here and, if you want, you can make a quick pit stop at our place on your way up or we can meet for lunch or whatever. It'd be a shame to have you so close after so much time on the boards together and not get to meet!

Ruthie, it'd be AWESOME to have you come...chicks, Ruthie is a PARTY ANIMAL and SO much fun in person. You'll LOVE her. Now, if we can just figure out how to smuggle Hershey back into the country with you...

Pearshape, you will have to at least bring some of your ratty pictures...though your ratties are more than welcome to visit with my bunnies if you want to bring them! I haven't cuddled a rattie in a long time and I miss them!

So glad to see such interest! Sounds like, so far, we're looking at August or Fall, right?
Old 05-13-2006, 12:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

LAURIE~ Yes, I will make it a point to get together with you one way or the other this summer!!! Our plans for renting the cottage haven't been confirmed just yet, although I DO know it will be the 3rd week in August. It's too bad I wasn't in Philly when you all were here last summer. I spent the summer in Bar Harbor, ME, and took a temporary "Leave of Absence" from the daily Chick Chat.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:15 AM   #9  
I can do this!

I LOVE Bah Hahbuh! We went to ME two years ago and just adored it...though Portland was even more of a fav.

It'd be great to see you, Cottage...you just let me know when you figure out your plans. I'll PM you my e-mail.

So, anyone else up for joining us?
Closed Thread