Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 10:47 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Marvelous May Challenge!

Godo morning all

Anyone up for a challenge this month? Starting May 1 and ending May 31 you can post whatever goals you wish to reach.

This month I am focusing on increasing my exercise and drinking more water.

May goals:

Water - 8 glasses per day
Exercise - 30 minutes per day

Good luck everyone!
Old 05-02-2006, 08:38 PM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

My goal this month is to keep up with the 3 days a week work outs and start to incorporate healthier foods into our diet.
Also, a huge challenge and we'll see if i can do it. I am going to try to go a month without pepsi. It'll be hard, i'm addicted... but i've got to do it. I'm going to aim for pop alltogether but pepsi is the big one. We'll see if i can break the hold it has on me. *LOL*
i swear it was easier to quit smoking... maybe because pepsi is so much cheaper.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:09 PM   #3  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

If you dont buy it - you cant drink it or eat it as the case may be - that is my trick - go shopping on a full stomach - nothing sounds good then and only get whats on the list. Of course I have an advantage in that it is not convenient to run up to the store for cravings and I work at home so no evil vending machines.

Anyway - for May - lose 3 more lbs to a nice even 195 (20 lbs from goal). Get back to working out with hubby - we kinda slacked at the end of the month as he was hanging sheetrock in the woodshop and that is plenty work out.

So 3 lbs, 2 weight training (upper body) min per week. More water always - getting warmer so that will be easy. Get my hiking buddy on a weekly 2-4 hr hike (lower body, cardio).

Last month I did sit down and journal my eating for few days just to see if I was messing up but I really wasnt - it should take about 2200 calories a day to maintain the weight I am - I average 1200-1500 a day. And that works out right since I am losing 3-5 lbs a month must be about a lb a week.

If I can get more exercise in - the calories will go faster - yard work season so that will help too. And with the new baby horse - I dont have time to munch - barely time to eat at all.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:24 PM   #4  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

May goals:

Maintain my weight under 140
Keep doing my physical therapy exercises every day
Keep taking my vitamins

I'm so boring
Old 05-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #5  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Talking

Tani - you most certainly are not boring. What you are, my dear, is an inspiration to the rest of us.

Your high weight was above mine and now you are 60 lbs lighter than me - that is quite an acheivement and you should be so proud of yourself.

I so look forward to the day when my goal is simply to "not gain back" that what I have lost.

you go girl!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #6  

Update - well so far so good. I have been able to walk at lunch time for 30 minutes most days and DH and I have gone on a couple of 2 hour walks.

I am planning on doing yoga on Saturday morning.

Water - well I'm managing 4 glasses per day at work so I'm still working on it.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #7  

Well I've gotten better with the exercise and the water so I would say goals were met for me this month

Moving on to June!
Old 06-01-2006, 01:36 PM   #8  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Talking Must be the "alternate" exercise

Hee Hee.

Managed to lose 4 lbs - at 194 now. Did not resume my work out with hubby but we have been trying some "alternate" forms of cardio/calorie burning and playing with the baby horse seems to burn a few too. Warmer weather has made the water consumption easier.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

i did it!!! i met a goal! I did not drink a pepsi this entire month!! i didn't die or anything. woot!

we've pretty much kept up with the three days a week at the pool. not feeling like i'm getting enough work out though so i may have to rethink my goals.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #10  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I didn't do too badly on my May goals. My weight at month's end is 137, I took my vitamins almost every single day (I missed two or three days) and I did my physical therapy about 6 days a week. Now on to June and more strength training!
Old 06-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #11  

Way to go chickies!
Closed Thread