Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-11-2006, 11:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Filling Foods

Does anyone know of any healthy filling foods? My problem is that I eat right during the day, but by evening I'm so starving that I scarf down way too much because I'm starving.
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:39 AM   #2  
Hoping for Healthy

What is your definition of "eating right"? What times do you usually eat?
teatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 01:57 AM   #3  
Determined

Things with a lot of fiber are often good (i.e. fruits and veggies). The ideal filling food is something with a little fat, some protein adn some fiber. I often have an apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter for that reason, or you could do baby carrots and hummus. A piece of string cheese and a piece of fruit would do the trick, and I'm sure there are a million more examples I'm not thinking of right now. Hope this helps.
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Height: 5'9"

[QUOTE=teatree]What is your definition of "eating right"?QUOTE]
reasonable portions of healthy foods.

Thanks happydaisy.
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #5  
LLV

Oatmeal is another decent one. Sometimes when I'm really hungry but can't ingest a lot of calories, I make myself a bowl of oatmeal. The plain oats are, of course, better for you than the instant ones full of sugar. Although you can purchase lower-sugar versions of the instant oatmeal now. I still feel the plain oats, especially the whole rolled, is better for you, though.

But the best things to fill up on that are healthy and lowcal, for the most part (unless you grab bananas and avocados or something, but they're still healthy) are fruits and vegetables.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:55 PM   #6  
Hoping for Healthy

Plan in a snack at the end of the day and limit yourself there.
teatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/230/140

I love making air popped popcorn and spraying a little i can't believe it's not butter on it. It's filling and tasty. If you don't have an air popper you can go to your local walmart and pick one up for about $17 bucks! Not to bad.
buckneram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 212/155/140

Height: 5'7"

I like to have a snack at night; I just eat a little less during the day. I make some healthy multi-grain bars with dried fruit & nuts, and have that with a piece of cheese (real cheese, thank you very much!). The protein really helps me feel more full. A bowl of strawberries with 1% cottage cheese and a small drizzle of honey works too (and almost looks like an ice cream treat).

I also find that if I eat a lot of protein (with lots of veggies and some fruit; very little in the way of starches, if any) during the day I am far less likely to want to munch in the evening.

cheers,
Sue
suechef is offline   Reply With Quote