Old 05-11-2006, 11:36 PM   #1  

Default problem with LA weight loss

I would like to loss 20lbs to get it to my pre-pregnat size; therefore, I signed up with LA Weight Loss last Friday. According to the plan, I am supposed to loss 2lbs per week. It has been a week now and I did not loss a pounds. I just wonder if anybody experience the same problem I have.
hjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:50 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

what do they say at the center?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:02 AM   #3  

I received a plan of what I should eat everyday. The counselor said that they guarantee me to loss 2lbs per week. According to their plan that it will take 10 weeks for me to loss the 20lbs. It will be one week tomorrow and I did not loss a pound. I don't knwo if I answer your question.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:00 AM   #4  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I say keep trying--it's only been a week and while you should have lost something, since you don't have much to lose it may just take longer. If you only need to lose 20 I would not get wrapped up in the 2 lbs/week--I know that's what they promise but if you read through all the other threads you will see that most of the poeple that are getting close to goal do not lose that much per week. It's just reality that the more you have to lose the faster it will come off following this plan (or any plan in my opinion). I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but it's what I believe. Good Luck and don't give up just yet.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:24 AM   #5  
PurpleSunshine

I totally agree with Boo - don't get discouraged - just keep trying - you see will the difference - and it will take a little longer since you only have the 20 lbs!! Good luck and come join us on the friends and losers thread!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:24 AM   #6  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

I know it can be frustrating, and I'm sorry you are not showing a loss yet. But I agree with Boosmom. The guarantee is an average of 2 lbs a week, but every person's body is difference. You may lose nothing one week, and 5 lbs another. Or, your body just might take a little longer to lose. Because no one can guarantee the exact way your body will lose weight, the guarantee for LAWL is that they will continue to see you until the weight is gone, as long as you stick to plan and follow their recommendations.

I would continue another week. If you don't show a loss, and are following the plan as instructed, then they probably need to look at another color plan. Make sure you tell them if you exercise a lot -- that makes a difference.
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:54 AM   #7  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I hope you won't be offended when I ask if you are being strict with the plan, doing lite salt instead of salt, weighing and measuring, drinking your water, and spacing your food out? A few times people have come on here reporting stalls only to later admit they weren't doing some of the things I mentioned. I have about the same amount to lose to be where I'd like to be, and it is down to a crawl. Did you just recently have the baby or has it been a long time? That could be playing a role...so could when you are expecting your period.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #8  

Thank you all of your reply.

Yes, I was on a strict plan with morton lite salt, 2 proten & Carb, 3 veggie, & etc. Anyway, I have my daughter a year ago. When I had my first child (son) I almost lost all the weight I gained when he turned one. However, I nursed him for 2 1/2 years. With my current one (daughter) I nursed her too but just for three months that I stayed home with her. I gained one size dress after having her. I would like to loss two dress size. I need to loss 20 lbs so I can be the weight I want to stay with. I do exercise whenever I have time. I try to walk 3 miles per day as possible however with my kids I cannot do everyday due to whether condition.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:10 PM   #9  

The only concern I would have is that usually (for me anyway) that first week of dieting is the best weight loss (scale loss) because of water weight.
Be sure to get your water in, and maybe try eating your starch in the AM.....
It is so frustrating when you are really following plan and don't see a loss (I should know...)
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #10  

I did the American Heart diet sevearl years ago and had ZERO loss the first week...but the second week I dropped like 4.5 pounds. Sometimes my metabolism just shuts down and won't budge an inch in the beginning...but stick with it, be just picture perfect, and I'll bet you will see results in no time! Good luck!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:52 PM   #11  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

3 miles a day is pretty hard-core exercising to me (I'm lazy). You may need more food. Sometimes if we eat too little our body goes into a stalemate with us.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote