Old 05-11-2006, 03:27 PM   #1  
PurpleSunshine

Default Happy Early Mother's Day

The guy on morning radio has a soapbox every week : here was today's - I thought I would share.......
Hello my former lactose lovers!! This weekend we celebrate Mother’s Day. A day where we honor our mothers with cards, flowers, praise and most importantly a free buffet meal at the Golden Corral. Cause in my book nuttin says luvin like imitation crab salad and bread puddin’!

And being that it’s mama’s week that got me to thinking about famous mothers. There was Mother Teresa, Old Mother Hubbard, Mother Goose and the most popular mother of all Mother ?*@!% who apparently was a rounder, so much so that she got the nickname MoFo. There’s “Sweet Mother of God” who I believe was Mary as well as “Holy Mother of Pearl” who may have been the great mother of Jazz Pearl Bailey I don’t know. Mother Load who I hear was kinda the sizes of Star Jones before her Stomach stapling that never happened, and Mother Earth obviously a tree hugger. Mother Superior the know-it-all and of course the Queen Mother …also known as Rosie O’Donnell.

There’s things only a mother would say. Like, your eyes are gonna stick that way, I’m gonna beat you within an inch of your life, and wait until your father gets home. Put your shoulders back, don’t chew with you mouth open, because I said so, chew you food all the way, don’t forget to wash behind your ears and don’t forget to flush. All the things that we roll our eyes at when we’re little and chuckle about when we get older. Then there’s those little things our mama would say or do through our lives that will make you get a lump in your throat when you stop for a second and think about it. Like the first time you had your heart broken and you felt like you were dying inside, and your mom let you cry on her shoulder, rubbed your back and said “I know it hurts honey, but it’ll be okay I promise” And sure enough she was right. Like the time after you went back to visit when you were grown and as you were digging around her house to find an old picture or something, you found every single Birthday, Christmas and Mother’s Day card you had ever scribbled, written or given her wrapped with a rubber band and you knew that she wouldn’t take anything in the world for it.

Once, when I was about 17 my dad was in prison and my mama and I were at our house alone. It had snowed a day or so before and there were still about 3 or 4 inches still covering the ground. Mama and I never took long walks, but for some reason she asked me if I wanted to walk to the state park that was near by because the snow was so pretty. We did and for some reason that innocent walk 22 years ago is one of my mama’s favorite memories in her life. For most of my life I didn’t get while that walk to Sweetwater Creek Park was such a big deal…until I had kids of my own…and from then on I understood. The most precious moments in a mother’s life isn’t when you send big expensive gifts or when you attend special events like weddings or graduations or even when you just say the words I love you. It’s when you use to fall asleep in her lap on the couch with your arms around her leg. It’s when you ask her to go outside with you and just talk right before you got married because you were scared. It’s the time you called her when you got bad news and she was the first person you needed to call. I’m a grown damned man and I’m not afraid to tell ya, sometimes I just want my mama.

Some mothers are one of a kind. Some mothers are kinda one (if ya know what I’m sayin), but the fact is you’ve only got one. Through your life you might haven more than one husband or wife, many kids and lots of friends, but’cha only have one mama. Do something special to show her you love her this weekend. Cause one day you’ll be laying the flowers on the ground for her on Mother’s Day instead of in a vase..and you’ll wish you had let her know how much she meant to you.

To every kind of Mom, happy Mother’s Day! Ya’ll deserve it.
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:43 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Thats very cool Heather. Thanks for posting it, and happy Mother's Day to YOU!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

That was sweet, funny, even made me tear up a little. Thanks for sharing!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOTHERS ON THE BOARD (and to those potential mothers-to-be who have found out yet - and you know who you are!)
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:11 PM   #4  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

That was really nice, thanks for posting it...Happy Mama's Day Chicks! Enjoy!
Denise Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote