Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-07-2006, 11:00 PM   #1  

Default Gazelle Elite or Elliptical Machine

Hi Ladies. I currently attend the YWCA and workout on the elliptical machine and the treadmill. I am plan on taking a few water aerobics class for the summer. I would like to have workout equipment at home, but, I am not sure which one to purchase. I weight 255 and need something rather sturdy that doesn't cost alot. I have been looking at the Fitness Quest 1000 and a Gazelle elite. I was wondering if you ladies could give me some input on what machines work best for you. Thanks.
fost40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:25 PM   #2  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Well, I own an Image 8.0 elliptical and love it. My sister owns a Gazelle Elite and loves it. But to better help you figure out which of these two particular machines will best suit you, I have taken the liberty to look them up on Epinions and here are the links:

http://www.epinions.com/FitnessQuest...splay_~reviews

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Exercise_...reestyle_Elite

Hope this helps you make the right decision. I love Epinions. I have been a member for 6 years.

Good luck.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:09 AM   #3  

Thanks for the information.
fost40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:58 PM   #4  

I have the Gazelle elite and hate it. No matter how I stand on it it feels awkward. I just cannot get comfortable on it and everytime I use it I end up with knee pains. I think it is the reach to the handles. It puts my body at a uncomfortable angle that is totally un distracting
heretolose is offline   Reply With Quote