Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2001, 03:47 PM   #1  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Default November Featherweights

Hiya guys!

Guess what? There will be a blue moon at the end of this month!
It happens so rarely that my kids and I really go all out in a mini celebration with each one. We bake (lowfat) moon shaped cookies (crescent and full) and spens an evening outside with a telescope enjoying the splendor of the moon.

I weighed myself at work last week and the scale read 215. I was full dressed at it was at night when I had been up all day, but it was still the highest I have ever seen. *sigh* I'm thinking I'm going to go to the Doc to see about some medical assistance and perhaps to see if Medicaid will pay for gastric surgery. I am *so* tired of fighting with my weight and having it creep ever higher...
Old 11-02-2001, 04:25 AM   #2  

Wow, another month has come and gone. Can you believe that it will soon be Christmas!!! I really have amazed myself this year, I've already begun shopping. I vow every year to start early so that in the month of December I won't feel the squeeze on the household budget. This year I have actually been disciplined enough to do it.

We have a new addition to our home. A little black kitten with white feet. She had been abandoned at a store, my daughter took her home. A few days ago when my daughter came over the kitten had been under her car, she managed to make it without being hurt, I couldn't resist, I kept her.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I have to catch up on housework, due to the massive studying I was doing last week No test in sight for next week!! YEAH!! I haven't recieved my test back, but I do feel confident that I made A's on two of them, and at least a C on the Biology (without a curve).
Also feel confident towards trying to tackle the battle of the bulge again.

Jana, how are you? Still on track I hope!!

Maybe we need to strategize for the upcoming holidays!! Never to early to start planning!! Any thoughts anyone?

Carree, how is the hubby's job going? My husband is having good days and bad days adapting to the new work environment. Hopefully things will mellow out soon!!

Kat, hope things are continuing to get better for you. Are you going to be able to register for school this upcoming semester? Our early registration starts next week. I have to see my advisor since I'm listed as developmental due to the remedial classes. I plan on taking an accounting, sociology, socioscience, English, and another remedial math.

Well better get back to sleep. Hubby just left for work.

Talk to ya'll later.

Ruth
Old 11-03-2001, 09:57 AM   #3  
Fit and Feisty

Default Think it's time go go back to meetings!

Hi Gang,

All is well here except for my weight which has been slowing climbing.

Kat: I know what you mean. I am so tired of fighting this battle as well, and I cannot do it alone. Interesting about the blue moon. Exactly when is that date?

Ruth: Thanks for asking about DH's job. It's only temp, but he is so happy. So we'll just take it as it comes.

Jana: Hope all is well with you.

I haven't started Christmas shopping yet, and I need to.

Hang in there everyone!
Old 11-05-2001, 09:16 AM   #4  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

OK, I went to the school and found out that they will happily hire me as a bus driver for $10.75/hr. I make $60/day for two runs and then have the rest of the day free for another job. Its an easy way to hold two jobs and improve my fiscal standing, plus then my son CAN'T miss the damned bus! I have a class set up to get my Class B permit.

As for the blue moon, it will be Nov 30th. The first full moon this month was Nov 1st.

I'm hoping I can pull together tuition money to start in Jan--I really NEED to get going on that. Its my ticket out of grinding poverty. On the other hand, I also need to get out of the nursing home because I simply do not have the patience needed anymore and am having a very hard time keeping my temper. Thats noft fair to the patients and a glaringly clear indicator that its time to get out of long term care. Its funny, I can do the exact same work in the ER and have no problems--perhaps its the ever changing nature of emergent care as opposed to the steady decline in a nursing home.
Old 11-05-2001, 05:08 PM   #5  

Hey girls, well today is the day that something seems to have clicked in my brain. It is time to start heeding my own advice!!
I took my ww information off the shelf this morning. I am now counting points. I also spent 2 - 15 minute sessions on the threadmill. Now I will focus on lots of water, exercise and putting "good" foods into my body. Weight watchers here I come!!!

Kat, good luck with the bus driving job. I know that it will be a big help to the budget. I hope you are able to get in school next semester. Our early registration has already begun.

Hi Carree and Jana, hope you girls are okay.

Ruth
Old 11-07-2001, 08:00 AM   #6  

Well, I thought I'd post before I head out the door. I hope everyone is doing okay. This will be my 3rd day staying op. I am really excited, my mental state seems to be in the right state of mind. I hope everyone is fine. Oh yes, I passed all my test last week, 104% in psych, 102% in art and 79% in biology. The biology teacher gave us a 20 point curve, so he is recording 99%, so all in all, the effort is paying off.

Talk with you later.

Ruth
Old 11-07-2001, 08:31 PM   #7  
Fit and Feisty

Talking Hey, Ruth! Me, too!

That's right. I got through 3 days OP! And I went back to my meeting tonight. Except for one or two, it was all new faces.

Thought for today: (Remember those?)

"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and got to work." - H. L. Hunt
Old 11-07-2001, 09:28 PM   #8  

Carree, that is wonderful. I am so excited for you. Starting on the same day, we can do this together. May weigh ins will be on Monday. I have no idea how much I weigh. I was around 188 several months back. My scale is acting up, the closest it has come to weighing accurately was yesterday when my daughter got on it. She went to the doctor today, so we know that it was accurate yesterday. Anyway, the point is, I weighed 181 yesterday. Now it is weighing me at 160, 170 (I WISH).

I'll post my weight and goal on Monday.

Jana and Kat, hope you girls are okay.

Oh, do any of you have any idea how to housebreak a stubborn kitten. I don't know how old she is, I would guess 6-8 weeks old. She seems to be using the litter box when I'm at home, but it appears that when she is left alone, she craps on the carpet. I bought the spray that you are can use to repel them from the furniture and carpet, don't know if it will do any good.

Ruth
Old 11-08-2001, 08:27 PM   #9  
Fit and Feisty

Thumbs down 4th Day

Well, I don't know if it is a good idea to count days. Too much pressure? However, we will always miss 100% of the shots we don't make.

Ruth, Sorry, I can't help with the kitten. My 11 year old cat went in the litter box the first day we got him. But if his litter box is not kept pristine, he has been known to use the bathtub. Imagine!

My DH has been working now (temp) for two whole weeks, and it is just wonderful!

Hey, Jana, where are you?

Thought for today:

"It is always too early to quit." - Norman Vincent Peale
Old 11-10-2001, 09:53 AM   #10  

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Carree, I gave up on the kitten. I gave her back to my daughter. No matter what I did, nothing was working. She would go to the litter box when I was at home, but when I left it was the same thing everytime.

Well, I made it through this week. I stocked up on veggie and fruits, also foods high in fiber.

Jana, Kat, hope you guys are okay. Let us hear from you.

Ruth

Carree, thanks for the "thoughts for the day". I always liked those.
Old 11-10-2001, 07:29 PM   #11  
Fit and Feisty

Unhappy No day 5 for me!

Did not make my 5th day. I guess I just better do my best every day and not count. Something about counting days just does me in every time. Congratulations Ruth on completing a week!

Spent the day working the kitchen at our church tag sale. Picked up a lot of neat stuff for almost nothing, plus had so much fun. I just love our church. Since my DH and I really have no family, our church has really adopted us as their own. We have been very happy since we began attending there.

Thought for today:

"If you live to be 100, I hope I love to be 100 minus one so I don't have to live a day without you." - Winnie the Pooh
Old 11-11-2001, 07:41 PM   #12  

Carree, don't worry about it. The last time I was on weight watchers I found out that if I went off track one day a week it did not hurt the overall result. At that time I had steak every weekend and once a month or so I went out for fried fish. I still managed to lose 20 lbs on ww in 11 weeks. Of course I quit exercising, I quit drinking my water and eventually I went back to my bad eating habits. STRESS!!!! But what I'm trying to say is that one day doesn't hurt.

I started counting days because I was proud of myself for being op. It was like a light bulb went off. Now that I've got the first week down, I'm not counting days anymore. I'm a firm believer in one day at a time!! We can't ask for more than that!!

Sounds like you had a great time at church. Its wonderful when you have an extended family, even if your biological family isn't near!!

Well, I'll go to my weight watchers meeting tomorrow night. I am really excited. I want to know how much I weigh so badly. I'm glad my scale at home is broke, I'd be weighing several times a day. Sometimes I can be compulsive obsessive!! And I wonder how I managed to become overweight!! Anyway, I'm hoping to be under 180. As I said before I know that I have been at 188 in the last year, but I think I lost a few pounds when school started and I hope that I lost a couple last week bringing me under 180, but whatever will be will be.

Hope everybody is okay. Tomorrow is another day.

Ruth
Old 11-11-2001, 10:02 PM   #13  

Exclamation PLease..help me

Hi Everyone...God, PLease...It's 9:58 p.m....I'm so out of control...

I use to post here about 6 months ago....left and there are so many things going on in my life......I have to lose over a hundred pounds.....

I'm eating...can never stay on any plan.....I am so depressed...43 years old....2 and 5 year old....

Tonight..I actually felt such pains in my chest.......I thought I was going to die.......I'm so scared.......I have lost all my will to try to eat right.......I want to lose weight for only one reason...my health......my chilldren....PLease pray for me.........I have to do something.... Is this my ROCK bottom......Please forgive me for ranting..I have no where else to go............

Sincerely,

Janet...
Old 11-12-2001, 09:12 AM   #14  

Janet, you have taken the first step by coming back to this web site. There is tons of support here all you have to do is take the time to view it.

Losing weight for yourself (health) is a good reason. It may help you stay focused while you are on this "weight loss journey". (I hate the word diet!

First, take one day at a time. Remind yourself everyday why this is important to you. Second, start small, don't look at the end result. You seem to be overwhelmed at the thought of losing 100 lbs, so start with an obtainable number such as #10 lbs. at a time. Third, instead of trying to change every bad habit at one time focus on one or two at a time. I always start with drinking lots of water. Then I move on to either exercise or tackling food. If you are stress eating, stock up on fruits and veggies and eat to your hearts content. I sometimes stress it myself, I find it easier sometimes to indulge in the urge, just do it with healthy foods that aren't bad for you.

Well, I'm running late for work. Take care and please let us hear from you.

Have you tried ww? The points system is easy to follow.

Ruth
Old 11-12-2001, 09:29 AM   #15  

Thanks SHort and Sassy.....

Believe it or not...in 1986 I joined ww....had 103 pounds to lose.....was single (the real trick for me....ME ME ME ME ME ME )

I lost it plus about another 8......kept it off till the birth of my daughter in 1996....always excercised even pregnant with my first.....

Anyway....I have tried ww 10 times in the last 4 1/2 years....I go for two meetings...lose weight...and then got pregnant....then join again..go for two meetings and quit!!! I h ave some health issues too...just feel so lathargic... anyway...I will try to keep up with your inspirations in here...>Today..I will drink my water!!!

thanks for the thoughts....

Janet
Closed Thread