Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 02:43 AM   #1  
Pink Thingy

Angry ***week of 4th November***

Morning all. Boy I do not want to be up, feeling poorly, but gotta go out coz mum has cooked dinner and h*ll have no fury like a mum who has cooked dinner for someone who doesn't bother to turn up (unless death is kicking your door down )

My thought for the week:

The Secret Service had an opening for an assassin. After all of the background checks, interviews, and testing were done there were three finalists... two men and a woman. For the final test, the agents took one of the men to a large metal door and handed him a gun.
"We must know that you will follow your instructions, no matter what the circumstances. Inside this room, you will find your wife sitting in a chair. Kill Her!!!" The man said "You can't be serious. I could never shoot my wife." The agent said, "Then you're not the right man for this job."
The second man was given the same instructions. He took the gun and went into the room. All was quiet for about five minutes. Then the man came out with tears in his eyes." I tried, but I can't kill my wife." The agent said, "You don't have what it takes. Take your wife and go home."

Finally, it was the woman's turn. She was given the same instructions to kill her husband. She took the gun and went into the room. Shots were heard, one shot after another. They heard screaming, crashing, banging on the walls. After a few minutes, all was quiet. The door opened slowly and there stood the woman. She wiped the sweat from her brow, and said, "This gun is loaded with blanks. I had to beat him to death with the chair".

And the moral is.............. will post more when I come back home.
Old 11-04-2001, 08:14 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!!
BFB-U can always start off the morning with a smile!!!

Lauren-It is amazing to see the price of rent elsewhere...I rent my 3 BR/2bath house for $800/month...Really nice townhouses or condos go for $700-1000/month..Good luck looking!!!

WEll, time to run and get dressed today..I worked OT yesterday, and ended up taking a 2 hr nap when I got home and sleeping 13hrs last night...
I found a neat site to log in miles www.justmove.org
U can even get an evaluation of the excercise!!!!Pick out a virtual trainer..I think Virtual Donna is the roughest!!!

Have a great day!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 11-04-2001 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-04-2001, 08:27 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR- Wow, I wish I could find a price like that!! The best deal I've found so far is a 7 room, 3 BR 1.5 BA TH in a neighboring town for $1200./mo.!! I'm hoping we can find something for around 1K/mo. with at least 2 BR, 1.5 BA., and of course laundry being mandatory...nevermind someone that will allow a cat!!

BFB- I have felt that fury!! You have to be very specific I've learned!! You can't say, maybe we'll stop over, because that's an automatic yes and when you don't show, your up sh*t's creak w/o a paddle!! Have fun!!

Rabbit- Hope you're having fun with your crew this weekend!!

Jul- Looks like you're on your way to meeting your Thanksgiving Day goal!! I'm not sure on the square footage of what we have, but I think it's probably just under 1000, and currently our rent is 975/mo., so it doesn't sound like too much of a difference size wise, but the ones by you probably have 2 BA and laundry!! I get soo mad at prices because when I was dating this guy in VA, he had a 2BR, 2BA apt., with a full size washer and dryer in a nice complex for 550/mo!! His was 995 sf I think. And that wasn't hicksville, that was Fredericksburg!! I really hate NJ prices!!

My FIL is going into the office Tuesday AM, so he'll get the goods on these places then. DH will stop and p/u the info tuesday sometime, and hopefully we can start looking at places. I will have to call our rental office Monday and talk to them about our options.

Have a great Sunday all!! I may even go to the gym later!! I have cleaning to do first though...
Old 11-04-2001, 09:08 AM   #4  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Good Morning

Hi Everyone,

All this talk about rents and stuff - don't get me started. I've been trying to convince my husband we have to buy something small since we're throwing our money away now. Prices here in Toronto are crazy - if you go outside the city it's much better but I'm a city girl. Right now we pay $1275 (Canadian!!) rent. We have a great huge 2BR 2full BA with A/C and a dishwasher but no laundry. The homes we can afford are around $225,000 and all you get for that is a small bungalow with 2BR 2BA (if you're lucky) but hopefully a finished basement. I found one I love that we can afford but he didnt' love it like I did. Men! What he wants we can't afford but it's silly to stay here if we can buy for about the same costs.

LBH - good luck with your house hunting - I'm right there with you.

Rabbit - hope you're having a great weekend with the kids.

RR - the virtual trainer sounds cool, I'll have to check it out.

BFB - love your morning jokes (it is a joke right??) I saw that email fly around my office a while ago. Funny how the internet brings the whole world closer.

Hi to everyone else

Gotta Go, have a great day.

Elisa
Old 11-05-2001, 03:55 PM   #5  

HI ALL

Forgot to update my mileage yesterday, but I'm at 768 miles. All this talk about rents - my ds pays $315/mo (total is $1260 for 4 people) for a crummy crummy small 4 bedroom apt. College towns! That's not much different from my house payment.

Jul - congrats on the maintain. Maybe you'll get the loss next week.

Lauren - good luck - hope you find something you like.

Don't seem to have as much control, foodwise - not doing as good as I was. Bummer.

RABBIT
Old 11-06-2001, 05:26 AM   #6  

Good Morning!!!!
Off to work and wanted to check on everyone!!!!
RR
Old 11-06-2001, 10:46 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Went to the gym last night. Walked on the treadmill for a little while, then worked on the machines and did some ab rolls. Then I ventured upstairs and decided to try a step interval class. Man, that instructor kicked my butt!! I was completely lost on the twists and twirls and all, I just tried to do regular steps while they were twirling!! They use these band things, they look like balloons that popped...you put them around your ankles and stretch...man, I think that was the worst part!! Then we did stuff with little weights... The moral of my story is...if you're going to take a class, don't do the other exercises first!! Maybe a little time on the treadmill, but that's it!! Was not sure if I'd make it up the stairs last night!! DH was hugging me, and he's like, OMG, your soo tight!! Somehow I don't think he meant that in a complementary way!! Not feeling it too bad today, but I am a little stiff...good stiff though!

RR- How are things in babyland?!

Rabbit- Where's your "No Excuses" attitude?!

Elisa- I've heard prices up there are crazy!! Not sure of the difference on the dollar, so I can't compare too well. Hoping DH goes to his parent's at lunch and gets the list from his dad!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 11-06-2001, 01:15 PM   #8  

HI ALL.

Lauren - Yeah for all of the exercise! About my no excuses attitude - I know!! I decided today that I need to get out all of my ww stuff and read it to refocus myself. That's gotta help.

Off to have lunch -

RABBIT
Old 11-07-2001, 05:57 AM   #9  

GOod morning!!!!

Lauren-Well, my "B" cup officially runneth over!!!! I have never had soo much cleavage in my life!!!(totally untouchable cleavage though!!OW!!!!!)I eat all day long and find that the morning sickness is very minimal for the most part until the late evening...I am down 2 lbs from my Oct 2 pre pregnancy weight soo I think the first trimester will stay on weight schedule. I have a total distaste for chocolate and have eaten no junk food since finding out...
I think pregnancy makes it easier to eat healthy cuz U think of what the baby is getting.....
Keep up the excercise!!!!

Still going at least 5 miles a day..Too scared to do weights!!!
Have a great day all!!!
Vicki
Old 11-07-2001, 06:42 AM   #10  
Pink Thingy

Default Hi all

bit quiet on here this week, but just a message to RR - no you can't fit two pints into a half pint mug
Old 11-07-2001, 02:58 PM   #11  

RR: whatever you do don't play volleyball. That is a total 'no-no'. I wish my Dr had told me that before I came in with cramps, pulled muscles etc.. I was coaching a church volleyball team and in charge of the whole league.

I'm doing o.k., still maintaining and struggling with it a bit. I've just got to add more exercise to start losing again.

- jul
Old 11-07-2001, 06:45 PM   #12  

BFB--One regret, that I didn't look U up in England!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2001, 07:37 PM   #13  
Pink Thingy

Talking Bountiful Boobs

RR -

slightly irrelevant, but I have just bought a new sports bra. I recently got my cardio bounce video and a mini trampoline and noticed that my Berlei Shock Absorber sports bra (level 4) was not absorbing anything. Did a search for sports bras and came across a company called Enell. They are US based but they have a distributor in UK. The bra was a bit pricey i.e £35.99 compared to my current £26 one. But boy is it absorbing those shocks. I think they are especially for those of us whose cups runneth over and I am sure I saw something about the bra being good for those of us who are in the family way.

C U all later, hope everyone is doing well.

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 11-07-2001 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-07-2001, 08:31 PM   #14  

HI ALL

Just a quick note - yesterday I discovered my new secret for staying w/in my pt range when I've got the night time cravings. I had suckers - a tootsie pop after lunch when I had the sweet craving and a hot chocolate pop at night when I had it. It worked so well for me because I got that sweet taste and it took forever to eat. I'm not hungry, I just "want" something.

Today is my anniversary so we went out to dinner and I am 2 pts over. Not bad.

RABBIT
Old 11-08-2001, 08:25 AM   #15  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi Everyone!

Rabbit - good for you for figuring out how to solve those "sweet cravings". I have the same problem. After dinner I always have that problem (and sometimes after lunch too). Tootsie Pops are great. So are Hershey's Kisses, if you can control yourself. My husband and I found that if we keep Low Fat Oreos around we're okay as long we don't take the whole box and sit down. Because they're only one point each, depending on the day I can usually have 2 or 3 after dinner and that seems like such a treat. Keep up the good work and Happy Anniversary.

BFB - I should look for that bra here, I don't know if they sell them here or not but I could certainly use a great sports bra. I've never found one that is comfortable and supportive - and I could really use it!!

Jul - Hope you manage to work back in some exercising - sometimes it can make all the difference.

RR - glad you're doing so well!

I'm having a pretty good week - someone even brought in chocolate mousse cake here to work yesterday and I managed to say no thanks. For me that's huge - I'm such a chocoloholic! I just figured that I would feel so guilty after and then I couldn't have my treat after dinner. I went to the gym yesterday and they have a doctor's scale there which I always get on. I don't know why since I weigh myself at home but if I see a scale I get on. Since I've lost some weight lately I couldn't even figure out where to slide the weight thing - I kept thinking the scale must be wrong since it looked like I was sliding it too far to the left - but it wasn't!! I'm not sure if you all know what I mean but when you get to move down to a new "section" i.e. under 200 or under 150 - it's sooooo exciting - can't wait!!!!

Have a great day,

Elisa
Closed Thread