Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-08-2006, 12:05 PM   #1  

Question george foreman something grill

i red somewhere around this forum that many of you have a george foreman (don't remember the whole name but it's something with the word fat)grill.
how does it works?
because today i was looking for a present for a little cousin in a toy store and in the section where toy working appliances are i saw this sort of grill(strange place for a serius appliance?!), you close it "like a book", on the box there was a chubby black man(mr. foreman?)...
this grill was so cheap and sold in a toy store...that i'm wondering if it's just a toy(the size was regular)or not, and if it's a good appliance...
need suggests!
thanks
pavellina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:19 PM   #2  

It is a good appliance, I have one that I love. You don't really need any oil on it, though I usually use a wee bit of olive oil spray. It cooks chicken, bacon, veggies (zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, pumpkin are all to die for cooked on the george) and many other things.

I am the gadget queen, but this is one gadget I have used many many times.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:29 PM   #3  

do you easily clean it?
Old 05-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #4  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I love my George Foreman grill! It cooks things basically without any effort and it comes with this tray that you set in front of it and all the grease and fat stuff drips down into the tray. It is super easy to clean. You just use a soapy rag, wipe it down really good, and rinse. The little tray you just dump the stuff out (I use a can) and wash. It cooks quickly and evenly and there's not a bunch of pots or pans to clean up. I love it.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #5  

uhm...i'm a gadget girl too...maybe i'll buy it!
(even if it's still seems to me quite strange that that grill is sold in a toy shop!)
Old 05-08-2006, 07:05 PM   #6  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

First thing I thought of was the playdough Foreman Grill set. That is a toy and it has George Foreman's picture on it. That may explain the toy store thing.

I have two Foreman Grills. I love them both. I love cooking chicken and fish on mine. Yummy. This is the only way I will cook fish.
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #7  
Hoping for Healthy

Err, I don't think actual George Foreman grills are sold in toystores... But they seem to work well, even though I never use mine. I don't like grills too much.
teatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:10 PM   #8  
Working My Way Back Down

I love mine. I wore out a small one, and fortunately we received a family-size one for a gift. I clean is easily by putting wet paper towels in as soon as I'm done cooking on it (unplugged, of course) and letting them sit while we eat. Then later I use the now only-damp towels to wipe most of the stuff out. I finish with a sponge. Quick and easy. The tray I stick in the dishwasher.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:46 PM   #9  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I have a Hamilton Beach grill - the grills are removeable - I like that I can wash them in the dishwasher. I use this grill at least twice a week - sometimes more. Grilled chicken breast, salmon, steaks, portabello mushrooms, asparagus....the list of stuff you can grill goes on and on.

Just make sure the one in the toy store is a real grill and not a toy.

Have fun!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote