Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-08-2006, 02:57 PM   #1  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Spicy Chicken? Sandwhich!

Ok so Ive been craving a spicy chicken sandwhich from either Wendys or Jack in the box. My all time favorite! Well I went to Walmart yesterday and they always have those Boca chick burgers but now they have spicy ones. So I got a package of those with the sara lee heart heathy buns and some light cheese. I cooked it for lunch and it was sooo yummy! Keep a look out for them for anyone who likes spicy chicken. Very good!
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #2  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Oh Yum!!!! Thanks for the tip!!!! Sounds so yummy!!!!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #3  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

hehe...yeah, I bought a pkg of the 'spicey' chik'n burgers by accident and WOW....they are spicey!!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:16 PM   #4  
Recovering Shopaholic

S/C/G: See tickers for latest!

Height: 5'3"

Oh, I recently tried those too and they are great! I am a (unfortunately) LOVER of the Wendy's Spicy Chicken.

Anyway, I passed off the spicy boca chik'n to my 9 yo son and he never knew it wasn't really chicken! Hehehe

Kelly
HandbagAficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 03:57 PM   #5  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

The spicy chicken sounds sooo good! What store did you find it at?
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:47 PM   #6  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Sounds good! I have always wondered what those Boca Burgers tasted like.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Height: 5'9"

Mmm will have to try!
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:14 AM   #8  

I've reviewed these on my website, and here's what I wrote about them in case any of you are interested.

Boca Chick'n Patties (spicy):4 stars.
I'm not a vegetarian. I don't really eat alot of meat, but I do enjoy it when I do. And I am skeptical of "fake meat" soy products. I've had some meat free hot dogs that were simply horrid. However, I did like the Morningstar meatless corn dogs (see below [ed note: there is no below in this message, this is a cut and paste from my site]), so I decided to give these "chick'n" patties a try as well.

I'm very glad I did! These, to repeat a cliche, really do taste like ckicken, and with a nice hit of spiciness as well. I simply pop one into a toaster oven, then bake off until is slightly browned. I serve on a low calorie hamburger bun (80 calories each) and some light mayo, and some lettuce, and I end up with a "chicken" sandwich that tastes every bit as good as something that came out of fast food window, at alot less calories. These "chick'n" patties weigh in at 160 calories each, while a frozen Tyson Southren Style chicken patty comes in at 240 calories. Fixed as I describe above, a sandwich made with a Boca comes in at about 300 calories. A Jack's Spicy Chicken Sandwich (which is the fast food sandwich the above most reminds of off all the fast food places I've tried), according to Jack in the Box website, comes in at 620 calories.

No, you won't think that you are eating one of those big chicken fillets that many places serve, but you might be surprised as how satisfying a meat free chicken sandwich really can be.

End cut n paste

And ya, fed one to my husband. He didn't realize till I told him.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote