View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 01:04 PM   #199
amandazimm

Screen Name: AmandaZimm

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: Single parent to Trey. He was 3 in March.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, taking walks along our river trail with my son, photography.....

Favorite Music: R&B, Acoustic, Pop, and some jazz/blues

Favorite Color(s): Gray, Black, and pink.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking outside (only) and the elliptical.

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to initially lose 30lbs, continue to eat better, and incorporate more exercise including weights.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Which time?? In 2001 I decided enough was enough. I weighed over 250lbs, and was desperate to lose weight. I went about it the wrong way. I ate approx 600 calories for a 8 months and lost over 100 lbs. I was down to 140lbs. I found out I was pregnant a year later and ended up gaining over 60lbs. I did lose weight again last year and got down to the low 160's. I am curently at about 180lbs. I know yo-yo dieting is sooo bad. I am trying hard to do it the right way this time.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Foooood. I am so impulsive with food. I can be right on track and within 2 minutes decide "just today" I will go off and eat what I want. It's very frusterating.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Weight, and again impulsive eating.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I don't know. I just want to be happy again, and I let weight control my evey emotion. I was truly happy with myself 4 years ago.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? At the moment I am just looking forward to wearing my clothes from last summer.