Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2001, 04:59 PM   #1  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default post here MOOOOing away from Kiwi

Kiwi, what a FUN and INTERESTING life you have. Really quite a lot of variety in your day-to-day existence.

I hope your back is better. The secret is to DrINK A LOT of WATER. Really this will do it. Flush out the stuff that's making you hurt.

Bye. I don't have puter back yet but Herbie may. The puter that Lush broke, that is.
Old 11-02-2001, 06:02 PM   #2  

Default Peeeee-oooooouuuuuu!!!

What's that smell? My dog did that once or twice, Kiwi. You're brave to wash them up yourself. I took my dog to a groomer who charged me a fortune to de-skunk him, but I think it was worth every dime.

My nephew is getting better. They will probably release him from the hospital today. The little dickens had us scared for awhile. Of course I was reading all kinds of scary things on the internet about kidneys.

I spent all morning hanging around home waiting for a service man to show up. Finally DH came home so that I could come into the office and do paychecks. 3 o'clock and they're still not there.

Wish I had something fascinating to say, but I don't, so I'll just say "have a lovely weekend, cows".
Old 11-02-2001, 07:34 PM   #3  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default my lovely weekend

just want you to know that I'll be a hotel on the beach in a room facing the beach unless we decide to go to the indoor pool at anytime. Herbie will be in a class while ds and I await him in our room or at the pool or in the gym or in the boutique, etc.

We expect no skunks.
Old 11-02-2001, 10:59 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Oh, yeah?

Well, maybe I'll show up and stink up the place.

Geez, I smelled pretty nice after I took a shower and put on clean clothes and a dab of vanilla here and there. So we went out to dinner and over to friends' house to play cards. Unfortunately, before dinner was over I could smell it again, and now that I'm home everything, everybody stinks. Barf.

Might have been nice to get somebody else to wash them critters, Wab, but this was at 12 midnight! Fortunately only the cat was really covered; the dog only needed washing on her head. Problem is she still smells, whereas the cat is fresh as a daisy. The worst thing is that the smell is just everywhere in the house. I can't imagine when I'll ever get rid of it.

Pewi
Old 11-03-2001, 04:40 PM   #5  
fatter than U

Lightbulb the secret is tomato juice

Really. Nothing else will remove the smell. Just buy a few of those huge cans of Heinz tomato juice and bathe everyone and everything in it. When I was a kid, skunks used to come in the cat door occasionally. Pew!

I gave a cat a flea bath once and still have the scars to show for it.

Peachers - I'm speechless. Drink a martini for me. Or at least order one and pretend.
Old 11-03-2001, 04:41 PM   #6  
fatter than U

Angry forgot to say..........

.......So glad your nephew is getting better, Wabby!
Old 11-03-2001, 07:50 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Oh my, that's a picture

A skunk waddling right on into the house. How on earth would you manage to get it back out? What a nightmare! I had good luck with a peroxide/bakingsoda/dishsoap mixture, especially on the cat. The dog's another story -- she only got it in the face, but it was point-blank. After 3 face washings, it still lingers a bit. If she still smells tomorrow, I'm getting out the tomato juice. The problem with this whole thing is that you can't really smell it very well yourself after you've been in it for a while. DD keeps saying "this smells" and "that smells" and I can't tell unless I go outside for a while and then smell it.

I cooked bacon tonight so I can smell something else for a change...

Kiwi
Old 11-04-2001, 01:27 PM   #8  
Most boring housewife.

Default Anthrax...

There is anthrax in my regional mail center...no one knows about the local post office yet. We haven't gotten mail for a week so Bagzie's apology for sending me the virus that killed my computer has not yet arrived.
I have broken down and called Dell and bought a cool computer. It will be arriving shortly. It is no longer worthwhile for DH to build them since they are so cheap.
DS is beside me typing his book report. My patience is just about shot. The computer should be here any day.
I will have to read but I see that Wabby's nephew is sick I hope all is going ok on that front.

Kiwi's dog is stinky??? Poor darling.
I don't know what else is going on with everyone else. I'll read and I'll try to get back.
Old 11-04-2001, 02:50 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Poor Lush and the

lushes down in Lushville. Now you'll just have to spend more time online. These days I feel obliged to call people to warn them if I send them something in the mail. Used to be I'd call them and tell them to look at their email

I'm starting to get paranoid. I cut open a grapefruit last night and started to eat it -- it was absolutely inedible. DD had already eaten her half; I don't know how she could. It tasted rotten. But I had just bought it 2 days before, so of course the first thing I thought of is poison. Now that's paranoid. We do live at the ends of the earth, after all. Anyway, DD's fine, but I'm taking the rest back to the store.

Oy. Modern life.

Kiwi
Old 11-04-2001, 06:38 PM   #10  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default oh noooo

I am so sorry to hear of Lush's post office worries. Glad Wabby's newphew is better tho I too missed the illness.

My visit to the beach was SO WONDERFUL and RELAXING. We could open the door in the perfect weather and hear the ocean. We walked on the sand and picked up seashells. We ate. We swam. We did nothing and there was no mention of Taliban or anthrax and the woman who buys for the boutique had WONDERFUL taste and didn't price things too badly.

A skunk in the house sounds really too exciting. Really. I'd rather have Lush's virus.
Closed Thread