Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 08:37 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Board Chat #43

Good Saturday morning to you all!

Well, I went to bed at 3:30 and am up again at 7:30. Judd got home around 2:00 WITHOUT his friend. They had gone to a bar after the game and as soon as they got there, they became separated. It's not a huge place but Judd said he walked around the whole thing three times, asked people if they'd seen his friend (gave description) and then sat down to watch TV and talk to strangers, I guess. He tried calling the friend, no luck. Okay well, whatever! The friend's truck is in our driveway so I hope he's okay. If he took a cab home, we'll have to go pick him up later so he can come get his truck. Geez...

The scale was at 145 this morning so I am putting my foot down. I will NOT have a reversal. I've already had my breakfast and have started on the water.

What's everybody got planned for the weekend?
Old 05-06-2006, 08:45 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I slept ok once I put the Vicks vaporub on. It feels like the cold is going into my chest. I probably shouldn't go to the birthday party but I'm not really coughing and sneezing so I'll just go and not touch anything. I know Sarah is going to be upstairs away from everyone.

I got the macaroni salad made and I think it tastes ok. I cut up too much onion, celery and red pepper so I'm going to make chili tomorrow so that it doesn't go to waste. Thankfully, the presents are wrapped and all I have to do is get ready.

My scale is WAY up this morning. I'm not sure what the problem is. The only thing that's different is the exercise and the cold. I didn't eat more than I have been. Weird.

I'm going to go see if I can read posts and find out how much I missed last night.

Last edited by Vickie; 05-06-2006 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:54 AM   #3  

Oh hey speaking of gifts, I received those PJs for my mom in the mail yesterday and they are tooo cute! Kate's birthday is May 15 and I'm trying to think of a little something to go with the money that I always give her, so I think I'll get her a one-handed pepper and salt ball. She loves mine and has been saying she'd like to have her own. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pepper ball.jpg (44.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-06-2006, 08:58 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, on your weight loss! 10.2 pounds in 4 weeks is just utterly amazing! I'm very proud of you. All that and no exercise? Fantastic job!!!! I'm glad you told me about the cornmeal. I had the lo's for lunch yesterday so I'll just wait for them to leave my system.

Vivian, welcome back from vacation. Great job getting right back on track with a loss!

Saundra, I'm glad your PT is going to make continued sessions affordable for you. It's nice to run into folks who are just in it for the money. Soooo just exactly what do you put in your Core burgers that made Natan think they are so yummy? Inquiring minds want to know! I hope you have fun at the seminars and are able to share some wisdom when you return.

Kathy, are you getting your hair done today? I have to wait until next Thursday even though I'm ready NOW! I do have my pedicure scheduled for next Tuesday after Jim's doctor appointment. I'm looking forward to that. The way you describe your foot is just so sad. I'd hate to be in that situation. You are really much braver than I would be. Are you sad that you won't be going to the Derby party? I thought it was a big tradition. I'm surprised Judd doesn't want to go. I hope Judd's friend is ok.

Frouf, I have no control with chips and salsa either. The good news is that there are way more fattening things you could have eaten there. I think you did a good job at lunch. Good going with only having a sliver of cake.

Ok....off to post my menu.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:59 AM   #5  

Vickie, my mom and I have noticed that when we're sick, especially with something respiratory like a cold, that our weight doesn't budge, and even goes up. I think it's something to do with fluid retention. Keep on exercising and eating right, and I think when you recover, you'll be fine.

I was doing really well earlier this week, and need to kick myself into gear again. Pre-TOM time is pretty difficult for me.

I'm excited, I got chosen to sing in a choir here for the sesquicentennical celebration of the Mormon pioneers starting their handcart trek to Utah. It's going to be a huge deal, I guess. We're performing in the Hancher Auditorium at the University of Iowa, and a big mucky-muck from the church will be there. Anyway, it should be a lot of fun. I've never sung in the Hancher before. My dad and my younger sister are going to be in the choir too.

I've finally broken down and bought some otc allergy medicine. This year has just been awful for allergies, I guess. I really hope it gives me some relief.

I'm going to make some cinnamon rolls for my family. I'm having malt o meal...I'm being good.

Angela
Old 05-06-2006, 08:59 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, I can think of a certain bunny lover who would LOVE those Salt and Pepper shakers!
Old 05-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #7  

They DO look like bunnies, don't they!
Old 05-06-2006, 09:02 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh Angela, thanks for that information about the respiratory stuff! I would be really happy if that were the case. I am being SO good. What exciting news about your selection for the choir. And, how much fun for you to do it with your Dad and Sister. Your Mom must be SO proud! Doesn't Mom sing? I hope your allergies respond to the medicine.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:51 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow! I can't believe you are all off having fun somewhere. I guess I'll go have lunch and then a bubble bath and get ready for the party. I probably won't be back until tomorrow.

Have a great day!
Old 05-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

kathy, thank you for making us some clean pages to type on here. i have to tell you i am very proud of you for getting a grip on this before you start gaining.

we have 11 yr old grand here. the 8 yr old wanted to stay home and play with neighbor kids. we're having a good time. she'll be going home this afternoon. after that, if it's not raining, we'll prob go to the archery range to practice. mickol doesn't want to go out there today so we're waiting till after she's gone home. i am ready to start more indepth training for the state senior olympics. they are just a month away.

vickie, i'm glad you're feeling better. i don't understand your scales cept i know our weight fluctuates during the week. have you considered just weighing on monday? one of the suggestions our ww leader gave us to help stay positive and motivated was to avoid the scales cept on wi day. if our bods are fluctuating upwards, we are sometimes tempted to give up. i know, though, that some folks get motivated by watching the scales. you sound like one of those--like you aren't giving up. you are going to make alterations to push that scale downwards. (am i talking in circles?) i say this again--i'm not worried about you. you have great determination and will do what it takes to be healthy and happy. you, rock, girl!!

angela, what a wonderful experience you'll have singing in the choir. and what a wonderful compliment for your talent. i am so proud of you.

i guess melissa is in high gear today. i miss her.

frouf, i miss you, too.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:22 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, I didn't know you had the Grand! So....you are having fun. Good! You are sweet to suggest that I stay off the scale. I probably should but I can't help myself. Don't worry though. I'm NEVER giving up.

I miss everyone when they aren't here. I'm off to the party now.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #12  
Melissa

HELLO!! We are just barely moved in and there is still much, much, much work to be done! But I just wanted to say hello because I have missed you all a GREAT deal!! I hope that you are all well. I will probably be back by later tonight when we wind down for bed. And we do have a bed!
Old 05-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #13  

There's our girl! HOW ARE YOU??? I'm sure you're as worn out as can be but it sounds like you're mostly moved in! I can't wait for a full report. No matter how boring it seems to you, we've been patient long enough!

Judd had to work today and so that's why we didn't go to the Derby party. His mom is disappointed but she'll have a house full of people so maybe she won't notice so much. They have a huge party every year; at least the years that they don't go "home" to attend the Derby. He just got home so we're watching it now. I'm making goulash but he wants to go out somewhere to "celebrate my foot healing". Uh, sure. I guess we'll see what happens. I had planned on having salad and fish because I made the goulash with regular elbow and not whole wheat -- anyway, it might not matter.

I did my own hair and will make an appointment one day next week for highlights.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm home from the party and I did well. Great Niece is now officially 5!

I'm still very hungry so I think it's a popcorn night.

Melissa, I'm so glad you are moved and that your computer is hooked up. You made me smile that you got hooked back up so fast so you could say hey to us! We DO miss you.

Kath, you'll enjoy your highlights. My favorite picture of you was the family picture where you were very blonde and highlighted! I didn't realize Judd had to work today. I hope you enjoyed your meal.

Sigh......I'm off to watch the end of the Sox game. Talk to you all in the morning.

I'm looking for some new Core entrees that don't involve tomatoes. Does anyone have a favorite?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #15  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Just checking in - on crappy den computer (with broken space bar - you have no idea how frustrating the typing is!) just peeked into our bedroom and looks like dh is asleep so I'm on here now for my puter fix!

Dh had a 'boys night' out last night - playing pool- I understand he got home around 2:30am- but I only heard him at 5 am!!! when he came upstairs to bed (ended up watching some old James Bond movie) - which explains the early night? We did sleep in til noon (yes I was a very tired frouf).

Rainy gray and cool day here - ended up taking little ds and BIG DS (he asked to come along!) to the movies this afernoone (RV w/Robin wiliams)- ate too much popcorn and was feeling queasy after that! Got some groceries - and then home- made coq au vin (for tomorrow) cuz I had a big bottle of red wine that was open and not being consumed! Smelled very good cooking!

Sandra - have fun w/grand and w/archery practice!

Angela- congratulations on your new choir singing career- how very exciting for you!

Melissa - so nice to hear from you - hope all is going well and you and Aaron and Murphy have survived the move!

Vickie- glad you had fun at the party - and hoping that cold is on it's way out?

Kathy - okay look like bunny ears - but no at all like bunnies? ha ha ha. We have one of those battery operated salt/pepper mills - very cool and fun to use too!

My eating is a bit off this evening. Think I am just bored and nibbling too much as I am not really hungry? (Just had a skinny cow ice cream sandwich that I got today with groceries!). Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

Frouf
Closed Thread