View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #11
AnneWonders

Height: 5'7"

Ilene, only you can decide if you are holding yourself back. But a couple of things to consider--we all have some genetic potential for how fast we can run, and while we can all improve, for most of us there will always be faster people. Some of them are a lot older. So older women will pass you. Older women pass my DH and he's a 3 hour marathoner! Congrats to those older women. Also, sometimes a "well-rounded" person isn't the fastest runner. The more you concentrate on one sport the better you'll be at it. So is it worth giving up your core work to get in another run? Probably not for us recreational folks, but only you can make that call.

So having said that, are you too hard on yourself? Only you can make that call. But remember, it is supposed to be fun! Have fun! What good is it if it isn't fun?

I had a nice run this morning. Short one, two miles, but I ran the whole way, at a decent pace too. WOO HOO!

Anne
-from Song of Myself, Walt Whitman