Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #1  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

Default Where did my motivation go??

I have a gym membership, but I haven't been going. I'll wake up in the morning and get to work thinking "i'm going to go after work".. then by the end of the day I'm sitting here thinking "I have too much stuff to do, or I'm too tired"... HOW DO I GET OUT OF THIS???????????????????
Megan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:06 AM   #2  
Meg

How about going to the gym before work? Then you've done your exercise for the day and nothing's going to come up at the end of the day to interfere. That's why I'm a morning exerciser - if I put it off, it just doesn't happen.

It's a great way to start off the day!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #3  

I can't go to the gym of a morning, as I use public transport and have to leave for work at 7am, my gym doesn't open until then. Take your gym clothes with you to work, don't go home and then go to the gym, or the couch, telly and fridge will speak your name and you will be doomed. Promise yourself to go to the gym and stay 10 minutes. Once you have gone through the rigmarole of getting to the gym, changing your clothes and getting started, you will stay more than 10 minutes!!!

I much prefer to exercise of a morning, and lately I have been doing a different job and have been able to start later, it makes such a difference to my day.

Also, try booking into classes at the gym. I do this, because I don't want to let anyone down, if I have made an appointment like a class, I'm always going to turn up.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:19 PM   #4  
210 / 193 / 140

If you can possibly get to the gym first thing in the morning, do it and get it over with. Pretty soon, you'll find that the morning workout energizes your whole day, and it will become its own motivation.

If you honestly can't get to the gym first thing in the morning, then follow Kykaree's advice and go straight from work. Just remember that once you get into the habit, your workouts will probably become something you really look forward to. Till then, just make yourself do it, the same way you make yourself brush your teeth, go to work, or clean up the kitchen even when you don't feel like it.
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #5  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

When I started back into my exercise routine I slept in what I would wear to the gym. In the morning I brushed my teeth, threw my hair in a pony, put shoes on and left. No second guessing what I was doing. It got me into the routine of doing it and I never gave myself time to get distracted with other chores (or the cup of coffee!) Now I look forward to my workouts-And I don't have to sleep in my workout clothes anymore.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:05 PM   #6  
Meg

Artsy my dear, that is dedication! And it's an AWESOME idea!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:29 PM   #7