View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 11:42 PM   #3
iowasteph2

Hi! I'm Stephanie. I lurked a bit during April, but I'd like to join you! I'm currently doing the Couch to 5k plan from Cool Runnings. I believe I'm on week 7, and I'm running 25 minutes three times this week. I've ran it twice already, and it went fine both times. Running has come relatively easy for me at times and pretty bad other times!! I plan to run a 5k race on June 3rd. I'm excited, and it has been nice to have a goal.

Question for you all-- I'm considering buying a new pair of running shoes. I don't know of a speciality running shop in my area. I just went to a sports store, and as you know, running shoes can really vary in cost. At this point in time, I really don't think I'll be running many more than about 25 total miles per week. Is there much sense in spending over $100? A pair that I was happy with was $65. Do you think there's much difference considering how "few" miles I'll be doing? I can completely understand the costlier ones for people who put in more distance than me, but I don't know whether it's worth it for my situation.

All advice is quite helpful!! You women are so inspiring!!