Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 04:24 PM   #1  
~Jamie~

S/C/G: 310/310/200

Thumbs up Cheese!

I posted this is the 20-somethings but I'll post it here too

Okay so I LOVE CHEESE! Like...really..I could eat chesse ALL THE TIME! So the saddest part of dieting for me is that I can't really have that much regular cheese...yes I know that I can have the fat free kind...but it's icky! Soooo I discovered this AWESOME cheese spread and I thought that I'd share! It's the Laughing Cow Light stuff...but it's garlic and herb flavored. And it's SOOOOOOOO GOOD! I love putting it on reduced fat wheat thins! And they come in 8 little individual 35 calorie triangles! So yea...that's my rant about this awesome cheese The only thing....at my cheapest grocery it was $2.69 for 8 triangles!! But worth it to me! Okay! So if you guys like cheese...try it!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:14 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

I'm like you! I LOVE cheese and could eat it all the time too!

I love laughing cow light cheese. I've had the plain one and the french onion one and they're both awesome. I haven't tried the garlic & herb but I did see it at my local BJ's and it was $7 for 3 pckgs. I'm gonna buy me some this wknd! Thanks for the info!

I recently discovered Cracker Barrell 2% cheese and I gotta tell you, it's great. It still keeps the strong flavor of the chese and it's reduced fat. It's hard to find low fat/great taste cheeses, most don't taste like anything, and the FF do have taste... they taste like plastic! LOL

LOVER!
Old 04-28-2006, 07:00 PM   #3  
~Jamie~

S/C/G: 310/310/200

Mmm..I'll have to try that kind too Thanks!
Old 05-02-2006, 10:32 PM   #4  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

I love laughing cow light cheese. I put it on reduced fast wheat thins and I just recently started spreading it on my sandwhiches. Works really good. YUMMY. I havent seen the french onion one.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:22 PM   #5  

JT, I think the french onion is a fairly new flavor. I love food shopping and I always keep my eyes open for new things. I found it at Shaw's supermarket. I'm sure the major chain carry it. It's really good!
Old 05-04-2006, 02:36 PM   #6  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

The fact of the matter is, you can eat anything you want really. In moderation. I have at least a 1/4 cup of some kind of cheese daily. It's usually the reduced fat colby shredded kind, but not always. For instance today, I treated myself to a 1/4 cup of crumbled herbed goat cheese. Full fat kind. The key is to remember to keep your overall fat and cholesterol intake at a reasonable level. If you want cheese. Eat cheese. And for goodness sake, eat good tasting cheese. Just eat it, like everything else in moderation. My favorite cheese of all time is havarti. It's kind of like swiss, but really soft and creamy. I eat that 3 to 4 times a week. I'm still losing weight. Self control is the biggest factor, truly. I don't diet, I eat well and in moderation. You can too.

Fat free cheese is horrid.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #7  
I will not fail!

Yes fat free cheese is horrid. I only eat light cheese. Laughing cow cheese is the best. You can eat it with anything. My new favorite dish is

1/4 cup egg beaters
1 egg white
1 laughing cow wedge
1 mushroom chopped
Spinach

Scramble together and add salsa

Then put in a low fat whole wheat tortilla sooooo yummy! Very filling and it feels like you are eating way over your calories but it's only like 315 calories.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:38 PM   #8  

JT, thanks for the idea, that sounds so easy and yummy too! I can handle both! BTW I love your new photo, you look like a magazine model!

Libby you're so right. I won't eat FF chese, the only one I have is Kraft FF singles b/c in a sandwich I don't really notice much, but don't try to melt it, it turns into plastic!

I've been buying light cheeses, the Kraft 2% ones are pretty good too. I do buy regular cheese when it comes to parmesan or aged asiago. Those have a very strong flavor and a little goes a long way.

So say CHEESE everybody! LOL
Old 05-09-2006, 01:42 AM   #9  
I will not fail!

Oh yeah I eat Kraft fat free but it is soo yucky melted I put them on crab melts and boy was it yucky!!! Thanks about my picture.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:22 PM   #10  
Mel

I found fat free feta (President's brand) that tastes great. Just a little bit adds a huge amount of flavor to salads, eggs, veggies...

Mel
Old 05-10-2006, 01:15 AM   #11  
I will not fail!

Yummy sounds wonderful.
Closed Thread