View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 03:33 PM   #9
Kate109
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

First name (if you want to tell): Katrin
Meaning of user name: short for my name + my birthday.... not creative on this topic.
Geographical location: Near Cologne, Germany
Marital Status: Not married, Single
Children/Ages: No.
Pets: a red cat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, blogging, learning to play my violin, Apple Computer (working with and writing about)
Height: 1, 65 m (eh- can´t say in your measurements, sorry!)
Eye/Hair Color: brown/ brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Already a long journey...started 1986 with my very first diet and food journal.
Problem: Binge eating/compulsive overeating/ sugar addict
Plan/Way of Eating: Healthy whole foods, meal planning, cutting down sugar intake
Favorite exercise: Walking, because I am reasonable. My real favorite exercise would be Badminton, but I play bad (that´s not why it´s called BADminton )and don´t find a partner. Or running...
Favorite movies: "It´s a wonderful life" (sigh), "The Muppets Christmas Charol", nearly every movie from Pixar...
Favorite books: Every book, every line and sentence from Douglas Adams, some books of Terry Pratchett, Harry Potter, selected writings from Kurt Tucholsky...
Music: Pink Floyd, Irish Folk, Classical violin...
Favorite Quote(s): "Fall down 1000 times, get up 1001 times"
"Your time is limited, so don´t waste it living someone elses live" Steve Jobs;
"Some men see things as the are and say "Why?", I dream things that never were and ask "Why not?"" Robert Kennedy;
"Our deepest fear is not that....",
"What would you do if you weren´t afraid?"
Ok, I stop here.....
Favorite People (dead and living): Douglas Adams, Yehudi Menuhin, Steve Jobs, Robert Kennedy, Robert Kennedy jr., Jim Henson, Joan Baez, Kurt Tucholsky....
People I can’t stand: Most german "Starlets", snobs (mostly the ones who are with me in University....), Paris Hilton, Victoria Beckham, anorectic models who are saying that they can eat everything without gaining weight
Places you’ve been: London, France (Paris and the south), Italy, Netherlands, Belgium
Places you want to visit: Ireland, USA, more places in GB
Pivot’s questions (don’t think too long, answer as fast as you can)
01. What is your favorite word? serendipity, my fav german word: Habseligkeiten
02. What is your least favorite word? Fortsetzungsfeststellungsklage
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music, sometimes words
04. What turns you off? hate and arrogance
05. What is your favorite curse word? @#*% (starts with an f)
06. What sound or noise do you love? purring of my cat
07. What sound or noise do you hate? Fingernails on blackboard, noises at the dentist
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? veterinary
09. What profession would you not like to do? dentist
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Ok, let´s talk about your "I don´t believe in God"- statements!

Any other tidbits you would like to share:
I started to learn to play violin two years ago
I collect Apple Computers (mostly old ones and I now have about seven. I made a place to sleep for my cat out of an old Mac- Computer
I have a (very nice) rose garden.

Ultimate goal:

Last edited by Kate109 : 10-06-2007 at 06:04 PM.
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote