Meaning of user name: Jayro was a nickname growing up and bella for beautiful
Geographical location: Minnesota
Marital Status: married 9 years
Children/Ages: 1 nine year old son
Pets: none
Hobbies/Interests: reading, music, movies, sleeping, travel
Height: 5'7''
Eye/Hair Color: black/green
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1989 HAH! I started my first diet in high school and it's been a journey ever since
Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 276/273/155
Problem: Binge eating, emotional eating, love affair with food
Plan/Way of Eating eat when i'm hungry, stop when i'm satisfied and add color
Favorite exercise walking, eliptical trainer, body pump, kick boxing
Favorite movies: The Usual Suspects, The Color Purple, Sankofa, Quilombo, Mama There's a Man in Your Bed, The Matrix, Akeelah and the Bee (you gotta see this), City of God, memento
Favorite books/plays: Temple of My Familiar, Alice Walker, Mama Day, Gloria Naylor, A Right To be Hostile, Aaron McGruder, Jambalaya, Luisah Tiesh, Interview with a Vampire, Ann Rice (really all of her books), House of the Spirits, Isabel Allende, 1984, George Orwell
Music: A crazy mix of hip-hop, soul, latin, reggae, reggaeton, dancehall, blues, and jazz: curtis mayfield, donny hathaway, etta james, john coltrane, miles davis, stevie wonder, nina simone, prince, dead prez, talib kweli, tego calderon, aventura, common, goodie mob, billie holiday, juanes, robert johnson, goapele
Favorite Quote(s): My signature quote below. "Though the current be swift, it cannot sweep away the moon" (saw this painted on someones wall), "Where will you be when you get where you're going?" My Husband's Uncle--a preacher--such a profound question to me. "When I dare to be powerful -- to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." -Audre Lorde OK let me stop
Favorite People (dead and living): My son, Aaron McGruder, Nelson Mandela, Tupac, Assata Shakur, Fannie Lou Hamer, John Coltrane, Che Guevara, Diego Rivera, Nina Simone, Jean Michel Basquiat, Gordon Parks, Bob Marley--so many.
People I canít stand: I guess I'll stay away from the political figures too um, well I guess I'll move on I--seriously, I can't think of anyone except political figures.
Places youíve been: Minneapolis, Chicago, Kansas City, St. Louis, Philadelphia, DC, Atlanta, LA, Sacramento, Hattiesburg, MS, New Orleans, Mexico City, San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico, San Francisco, Seattle, Blacksburg,VA, Myrtle Beach, SC, Miami, Orlando, Wisconsin, Flint, MI, Bryan, TX, New Orleans, Baltimore--that was fun to think of the cities I've been to.
Places you want to visit: Ghana, Tanzania, Lima, Peru, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Japan, Las Vegas, New York City, Cuba
Pivotís questions (donít think too long, answer as fast as you can)
01. What is your favorite word? tomfoolery
02. What is your least favorite word? jamb
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? boldness
04. What turns you off? timidity
05. What is your favorite curse word? mf
06. What sound or noise do you love? heavy rain
07. What sound or noise do you hate? people chewing with their mouth open
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Dancer
09. What profession would you not like to do? cop
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? It's not gonna be what you think.
Any other tidbits you would like to share: nah

[/quote]

That was so fun.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that frightens us. We ask ourselves 'who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world...as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same...

Marianne Williamson

jayrobella is offline   Reply With Quote