Old 05-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #1  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Talking Embarrassing Moments

Okay, you all, I need a good laugh today. I would love to hear some of your most embarrassing moments!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #2  

Here's one for you...

When we first moved to Boston, our moving truck was a week late. My boys were age 2 1/2 and 1. My husband was working and I decided to take the opportunity to go do some sightseeing. I had always wanted to see Salem, Mass., and in particular the Nathanial Hawthorne House of Seven Gables. So I take my tiny little toddlers (serious brain function missing to do this) and went to take a tour of the house. Literally, as we were walking in the first room to take the tour, I realized that my 1-year-old had a dirty diaper. It's a 25 minute tour and once you leave your tour, you can't go back. So I was embarrased, but figured what else could I do?

So we're standing in the foyer of the 400-year-old house, it smells to high heaven like poo, and I'm listening to the tour guide talk about how everything is authentic, it's been preserved, it's a historical landmark, blah, blah, blah. At that VERY MOMENT, I look down at my 2 year old and see him with the curtains over his head. I decide this would be a good time to pick him up (so as to not damage the 400 year old landmark). And as I pick him up, he pulls on the curtains, and BREAKS the rod off of the wall. I end up with the cutain on my head and his...the tour guide starts screaming for everyone to stand still and not touch anything. He runs to get the manager...they spend about 15 minutes studying the damage and decide not to make us pay for it. All the while, everyone on our tour is standing there, smelling the poopy diaper, staring at me with death in their eyes! It was so embarrassing! Once they decided to not make us pay, I grabbed my kids and got the he** out of there!

As a follow-up to this awful story, a few years later my husband's company had a dinner in Salem, followed by a private tour of the house. Fresh that he is, my husband pipes up and asks if everything in the foyer is authentic...to which the tour guide replied, "Everything but the windows..." as they now had blinds on them instead of curtains.

Anyway, I have a hard time going through Salem now without having post-traumatic stress syndrome...truly the worst moment for me EVER.

stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

That was great! Thanks for the laugh.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

first day of medical school

my mom flew out with me to get me settled in...we planned that it would take us about a half an hour to get to class, later once we got used to the city it was a 20 min walk...not knowing where we were it ended up taking us almost an hour...making me a good 20minutes late to orientation...we get to the street and enter the building come to find out its the next building over...im screaming like a lunatic and stressed as ****, plus sweating like crazy from running around...my poor mom, the strong woman that she is is coaching me through it and cheering me on, lets just say i appologize to this day for mistreating her...anywho., we finally get inside the right building..its huge, we have no idea where this classroom is, i hang a right, my mom hangs a left...the first door she opens she asks "is this orientation for the 1st year american program for medical student" i guess someone answered yes, on the top of her lungs she screams "AGGIEEEEE, ITS HERE!!!!!!" i turned several shades of red...ran up to her and walked in on the DEAN giving her welcome speach...ofcourse all the good seats in the back of the class were filled up and i had to cross the class room in the front of everyone and the dean to a front row seat...everyone remembers me as the girl whos mom walked her to school on the first day of class! and the dean was not happy being interupted! hope it helps...
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:49 PM   #5  

stiesta~ me and a couple of my girlfriends decided to study for our USMLE's in boston univ. over the summer 2007, when we go to salem i will remember to check out those blinds! hehe...good story...
Old 05-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #6  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Ok, this happened a long time ago when I was 7, and while I am no longer embarrassed by it, it kinda shows my true mischievous nature:

I was spending the night at my friend Kamiren's house for her 7th b-day party. Several girls were invited, but Kamiren was the one I really knew and liked. The rest were from a previous year in school for her. Anyway, this one girl (Kalisha) was always so prissy and primpy. Seriously, when we went on our2nd grade overnight field trip she stripped in front of the mirror and was preening like a playboy bunny. Anyway, I had a bedwetting issue but and was mortified to wake up in the middle of the night to find myself soaked on the long cot Kamirens' mom and dad had made for us. What did I do? I rolled Kalisha ton top of the pee stain and went to sleep in Kalisha's spot. When morning came, the first thing I did (before anybody noticed anything had happened) was yell "look...kalisha wet the bed." I'm a mean one, no?

I'm sure I've got a million worse, but this kinda always comes to mind.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #7  
Katie

Ohhh Christie- I would have DIED too!

Aggie- Too funny. You must have been moritified.

Aggies college story reminded me of one of my own college incidents. Kristi and I had a health class together. I was a freshman, she was a sophmore. One day as class was beginning to wind down, I started to gather up my stuff, so I could race across campus to my next class. I dropped my pen on the floor in front of me, and with my huge bag that held my books and my clarinet slung over my shoulder, I leaned over the front of my desk to pick it up. Well the heavy bag flipped over my head and pulled in slow motion over the desk and I did a sort of a head stand on the floor, before the desk tipped sideways, landed with a loud crash, and I went sprawling. I thought I was going to die of humiliation. All of these people run over to help me up. Kristi is laughing so hard she is about to go into cardiac arrest. NOT one of my shining moments.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #8  
Katie

Oh Dairy, you are SO naughty!
Old 05-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #9  

i got one from elementary school~ were in 3rd grade...we used to sit in a table of six, with all of us facing eachother...the girl next to me was an asian girl who wore a necklace that looked like a lime lifesaver, and had a haircut like her mom put a bowl on her head and cut around...one day in class she told me and the kid on the otherside of her that she had money, lots of it! kids that we wore, i said, no way, i dont believe you...she said yes i do, i prove it to u, i bring it to class...(in her broken english)...so she did...it was a wad, or what seemed like a wad...and i said can i have some (im 9, remember!) so she gave me and the kid some money...it was friday...i ran home to show my big sister who then took me to the nearest Walmart and we bought candy and gifts, it was right around christmas time! i remember us getting these candies that came in a glass contained, they were balls of different colors...i dont think it was much over 20 something dollars that we spend that day now that i look back, but 15 yrs ago i was in heaven...monday morning the principle calls our names out and lines us up infront of the class room against the wall...i was so scared i wanted to die...all my fears ran past me, my mom, she'd woop my butt! i confessed to what i had done, the principle told us if we brought the money back, they wouldnt tell our parents..and the next day i returned some measly dollars to her, whatever was left..and i guess she was too scared or too lost to realize that it wasnt nearly half of what she gave me...woosh, i got away...i also stabbed a kid with a pencil in 2nd grade and begged him not to tell, i hope he didnt get lead poisoning b/c i stabbed him deep enough where the skin had a grey dot all year...god what was i thinking!
Old 05-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #10  
Katie

Oh, Aggie! The stuff we did as kids.

I am one of those people who laugh inappropriately all the time. I just can't help it, and I am forever getting myself into trouble. Have you seen the "Everybody Loves Raymond" where Deborah tells Ray that her parents are getting a divorce and he can't stop laughing? He does not think it is funny, but something about the way she tells him sets him off, and he laughs like a fool until she is seriously pissed off. Well, that is ME! I do stuff like that. Once when I was a kid we were walking out of my dad's barber shop in the winter. My grandma fell onto her knees on the ice. Funny? No. Funny to me? I laughed until my mom hit me she was so mad. Gotta go make lunch, but I will share a few more when I get back.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #11  

i am the queen of inappropriate laughter...ppl falling, tripping, farting, peeing there pants...ok, last one...7th grade, me and my best friend are in the park at lunch time...they actually let us out of the building during lunch in 7th and 8th grade...so we were in the park, and on many occasions she had peed a little in her pants, so that day i said something hilarious, and she was laughing so hard and was begging me to stop cause she couldnt hold it...but i was evil! so i kept going til she peed her pants all the way!!!!! i felt bad and let her have my sweatshirt to wrap around her waste til the end of the day...hehe...dont worry what goes around comes around...me and sis went out to a local bar to play some pool, we met some guys that were really nice..by the end of the night we were really drunk and they wanted to walk us home...we live by the beach, the idiot i am i suggest we all go down to the beach (hello, we could have gotten rapped!) anywho, my sister started to make me laugh, and i tinkled a little, i was begging her stop stop stop, im gonna pee, i was screaming! she kept going, i tried my best but peed all down my legs! thank the lord i was wearing black pants...i told the guys that it was getting late and we should call it a night, and started to walk back (never got to the beach), the guys were like, what, did u pee your pants...hehehehehe...well actually...hehehehe...the guy later said he loved feet, and thought mine were so cute, (it was sandle season) and leaned down to touch them...i freaked out that he would feel my moist peed on foot! lets say we walked home really quickly...
Old 05-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #12  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

You guys are hysterical. Me? I have no embarassing moments - I am a perfect model of decorum........ NOT!

I have been a self-proclaimed geek my whole life and am constantly embarrased by something I have done!

9th grade - at a High School basketball game with my friends - cheerleaders doing a cheer where they call out each class - "Freshman, Freshman, you here?" and those in that class are to stand up and respond "Freshman, Freshman, we're here!", trying to be louder than the other classes. So, the rah-rah's start the cheer, I stand up and yell, at the top of my lungs : Freshman, Freshman..... i'm here??????" I was the only one who stood up and yelled.

Always calling important people by the wrong name...... oh, I could go on!
I think falling down, body noises, walking into things, are hysterical. I do enjoy a good laugh at others expense, but I also laugh a lot at my own expense, too!
Feel better?
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #13  

lori~ hehehe...i can see you there in the audience, you poor baby! hey atleast you represented your class!
i too laugh more at myself then anything else...i sit and laugh in my own head all the time, ppl must think im crazy
Old 05-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #14  
PurpleSunshine

You girls are too funny - I'm with you other girls on the laughing at the expense of others - I think I inherited that from my Mom. I remember a story my Dad loves to tell. He was fixing something on the roof of our A-Frame house and all of a sudden he slips, the ladder falls and my Dad is barely hanging on by the edge of the gutters - my mom is in the backyard, laughing so hard she is crying - I so much the same way and my DH hates it sometimes - the best part is - I think Savannah got it too!!! hehehehehe

Those other stories are too funny

Katie - I can see myself pulling the backpack over the head episode !!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:34 PM   #15  
Katie

Oh Aggie, are sure you weren't one of my BF's during school? You sound so much like me!

Lori- All too familiar, baby. All too familiar.

Once in high school I went with my friends to a church service in honor of a kid we knew who was leaving on a mission. Of course we were really late, so we ended up on the front pew. His dad had this huge thick red mustache and rosy cheeks. When it was the dads turn to speak, he got really emotional and kind of crying when he talked, making his voice sound really weird. My friend leans over and whispers, "Isn't he a character off of Sesame Street?" I nearly exploded. He totally was. The face, the muppet voice, I was silent laughing so hard I was in pain. There we were, lined up shoulder to shoulder on the front pew, all of us shaking, tears rolling down our faces. We were so embarrassed that we didn't even attend the dinner afterwards, we just got the heck out of there!