Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 07:13 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default FAB & FIT 40's AND 50's #180

Good morning, everyone!

Sandy,
It's sometimes difficult to stay positive when you're concerned about finances and what the future holds. I have a feeling things will turn around for you and Mike soon. You have a good plan for your job search. Good luck, I'm keeping you all in my prayers.

Es,
Hope all the birthday festivities were fun. How's your back been?

Princess,
You've been doing so well with the weekly losses I know you walk...do you do any other form of exercise? I'm a true couch potato. The only exercise I enjoy is walking or swimming/working out in the pool.

Terri,
The school year is winding down. I'm sure the kids are looking forward to summer vacation. Do you have plans to go out West again?

Dianne,
How are you? Is Alana making wedding plans yet?

My cold turned out to be a sinus infection. I'm on an antibiotic and can probably look forward to a yeast infection now... But am feeling a bit better. It was good to take two days off and rest.

I cannot believe Monday is May 1st the wedding is upon us. Every weekend is full, but it will all be fun. Having it occur during the busiest time at my job makes for a challenge, but it's good stress!

Have a great weekend
~Jen
Old 04-29-2006, 07:03 PM   #2  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Girls

Jen, you're right about how fast time is flying. I can't believe it either. I love this time of year.

May 11th, I'm having a procedure done on my back. I'm getting 4 cortizone shots. I just want to get it over with so I can get back to the gym. As far as WW I'm trying. It's been really hard this time around.

Enjoy your day. Hugs to all.
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 04-30-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:22 AM   #3  

Es,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY girl!!!!!!!
Hope it was great one!!!!! How are those precious "babies" of yours?
Tannetr and Bosco are so cute. I just had my mom, sister and BIL here and they brought their 2 yorkies. Tanner got along so good with them. Abbie snapped at him once and he walked all the way around her the rest of the time they were here. He is 50 and she is maybe 8 pounds. They provided a lot of amusement. Tanner hides his bones and Georgie would find them and eat them. He was not amused.
I am still doing ONline and meetings. I need all the help I can get to keep this off.

Jen,
Getting close! How is it all going? I cannot even imagine.
You will have so much fun!

Sandy,
I hope it all works out for you guys. How are the boys?

Princess,
Congrats to your husband and son for losing. You'll do great this week.

Brittany started dating a 21 year old boy (Craig) from our WW meetings. He has about 25 pounds left to lose. He comes with his mom. He has been going for about 1 year and he wore his hair kind of long and it was curly like Matt on the biggest loser except he wasn't as heavy as Matt was. Brittany never really noticed him too much but then he cut his hair and his look changed dramatically. He looked totally different. So cute. Brittany sure noticed then. He was a little shy about asking her out but they connected and they just went on their second date. They went to a Stars game (minor league team) and ate nothing and then went to Applebees and ate a ww meal. How cute is that?
He is really nice. He is taking her out for her 20th birthday on Friday and I will take her and her best friend and Bradley out Saturday. Bruce and Brandon will be in Orlando for the band competitions from Thursday to Tuesday. Britts is a little bummed that Bruce will miss her birthday.

Love all you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terri
Old 05-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #4  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hello everyone:

Es, Amiga - Happy Belated Birthday - so sorry I missed it!
I hope you enjoyed it. Glad to hear you're getting some help for your back problems, hope it will bring you some relief.

Jen - OMG, I can't guess how things must be for you right now with the wedding coming up so soon The events will be fun though, I'm sure. Your dress is really pretty. Alana has started her wedding plans - they have a hall booked, we went with them to see it a couple of weeks ago. Very nice, marble floors, stained glass ceilings - pretty. I took them last weekend to look at wedding invitations - books of them - holy moly. We're paying for that. This weekend, we are going to look at wedding gowns, bridesmaids, etc. I looked at some "Mother of the Bride" gowns recently and man.....were they ugly - I mean they were cool if the mother of the bride was 75 years old! I'll see what this place has - if I don't like anything, I'll go on my own to regular stores instead of wedding centers. Their wedding party is huge - as you know we have a really big family, very extended, lol. So she wants to make sure she has her sister and nieces and a nephew and her brothers - OMG, I think there will be 20 people in the wedding party "The Jessa" will be flower girl, of course. So, we're off and running. Unfortunately, I'm still not doing well about the whole thing, but I try to keep my feelings from her - I don't want her to be unhappy about me not being happy, Anyway, one day at a time right? When is Joey & Ili's wedding, May 20th?

Terri - too cute about Britts and the boy she met. At least each knows what the other is going through ww-wise, right? They can support each other. to Britts.

Sandy - hi, sorry to hear about the job problem. I know it must be difficult. I hope something comes up soon for both of you. How are your sons doing?
Are you planting this year?

Hi Princess - You are doing so well, congrats on your losses How is your husband doing?

I'm doing pretty well with ww - lost about 5 lbs between being sick and this whole wedding thingy. Unfortunately, I found out I'm "pre-diabetic", but fortunately that can be turned around with diet and exercise according to the doctor. So it may be a blessing in disguise. Willie and I have been walking every night for 2 weeks so far, so it will be good for both of us. Especially since our cruise is May 20th and I know I'm gonna gain some weight - you know my "life gets in the way sometimes" mantra and I will not deprive myself on vacation

Okay, as usual, when I'm not around for awhile, I write a book, lol. I will talk to you soon - hope everyone enjoys their Tuesday (even you amiga, lol).

Hugs to everyone,

Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 05-02-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:56 PM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
My fingers are crossed that having the cortisone shots brings you some relief. It must be hard for you to be away from exercising. By the way, how's your brother's gym doing? I will continue to think good thoughts re: your back....before you know it you'll be doing boot camp/tae bo tapes again!

Terri,
That is such a good story about how Britts and Craig met. She is a girl of my heart. I hope she has a wonderful birthday. While she will miss her Dad, I'll bet being out with Craig will make up for it a bit!
Too funny about the dogs. They are their own people, aren't they?

Dianne,
I'm not discounting your feelings, believe me, I totally understand how you feel. However, time does help, and I'm hoping that you can feel better about the wedding as it nears. You love Alana so much and have such a great relationship with her; I'm sure it's very important to her that you are at ease with her spouse. And time will tell.
Meanwhile, the hall sounds great! And don't sweat the dress..you'll find something you love.
I'm sure you'll be able to get the pre-diabetic issue under control; and it sounds as tho you are already tackling it with walking. Your cruise is right around the corner!!! Enjoy...I have a feeling that you and Willie will be dancing up a storm.

Princess,
How's it going? I'm so tired of rain and clouds...and so are my knees..but that's another story At least today we had sunshine.

This weekend is the bachelor party. My brother Tim is Joey's best man. He's booked a charter fishing trip on Lake Michigan. There will be 5 guys meeting here on Saturday morning, then off to the lake, from 10 am to 5 pm. Then they'll meet here again at 8 pm and await the limo that's taking them downtown (Chicago) for partying, etc....till 2 am After a day on the lake, and all that fresh air, it'll be interesting to see how long they last.
Jess and I will be taking the boys shopping on Saturday after the guys leave. Brandon is an usher, he won't be wearing a tux. Joe and I found him an absolutely wonderful black suit at JCPenney outlet store for $29.99 !!!!! It fits like it was custom made for him. Now we have to get his shirt, tie, belt, shoes, etc.

Work is crazy. I hope I can find another position within the Village so I dont't have to go thru this again next year...my knees are killing me. Ok, no more whining!

love you all,
~Jen
Old 05-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi all!

Just stopped by for a quick check in.

Jen: I only walk... and I have to push myself to do that every now and then I do some toning and stuff but not often enough. I am sick of the rain and clouds also, ready for some real sun and warm days.

Terri: My son has stopped going, I think that it is a bit hard for him to keep track with school, work and rugby. I don't push him and tell him that he can do it when he feels ready.

Dianne: DH hit his 10% goal last W/I.... MEN!

Have to run but hello to everyone else and have a happy day!

princess
Old 05-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #7  

Dianne,
Maybe you will be able to unwind a bit on the cruise. You and Alana are close and that will help. You will always be there for her. I know of a lot of marriages that lasted where the couple only met within a year of the marriage. You never know. Try to relax and have a good time. Hope you are feeling better.

Princess,
Thatis all you can do. One thing I learned is that noone can make anyone do this until they want it. Congrats to hubby on the 10%.

Jen,
I love hearing about the wedding preparations. You are going to have a blast.
The guys day sounds wonderful. Tell them one more time from us to be CAREFUL!!!!!!! Brandon is going to look so handsome. I found a suit for my Brandon at Target for $49 for his Confirmation. The good prices are out there that is for sure. Great deal. He looked so good too.
I cannot believe my baby will be 20 tomorrow. Is it possible?

Bruce and Brandon left at 2:00 this morning for the band competitions in Disney World. I can't believe it is here already. I will miss them. Brandon was soooo excited. I hope they have fun along with all the hard work.
Have a great day.
Terri
Old 05-05-2006, 05:36 PM   #8  

Default I got a job offer!

Hi you Buddies

I interviewed on Wednesday and got the offer today!
I would love to say that Mike has employment too, but thank goodness this is a start. I accepted an offer of a full time job at one of the local state colleges. The staff seems really nice and I look forward to starting. Since I am still trying to finish a project for one of my clients, I will start the new job on June 5th. We will have insurance benefits again, which is so important nowadays.

I don't have time to respond to all the great stuff I see among our buddies, but I want to wish Brittany a very happy birthday!!

And a fun filled but safe day to Joey tomorrow for the bachelor party!

Love to all, Es, Dianne , Terri, Jen, Princess
Old 05-05-2006, 07:30 PM   #9  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hello My Friends

Happy Birthday Brittany!

Terri, Brittany's boyfriend sounds cute.

Sandy, great news about the job offer. I hope Mike will find something soon.

Princess, congrats to your hubby for reaching 10%!

Jen, the next couple of weeks are going to be really busy for you but it will be "fun busy". Enjoy your day with Jess & the boys.

Dianne, how exciting! A cruise! Is it for 1 week? WTG with exercising. I'm prediabetic. It runs in my family.

I get my procedure this Thursday. I took off Thursday & Friday. I hope this works I will keep you posted.

Have a great weekend amigas.
Es
Old 05-06-2006, 02:18 PM   #10  

Good luck Es,
I know you will feel better. You are so sweet. Brittany said thanks so much for the birthday greeting. No more teenager.

Sandy,
I am so happy fopr you. I know you will do great. Thanks so much for the birthday greeting. Brittany felt special.

We are going to O'Charleys. We haven't been there in so long. It was her choice. Craig took her to see MI III. They also went to dinner at Landrys.
He came and sat by her at the meeting today. It was so cute.

TTYL and have agreat rest of the weekend.
Terri
Old 05-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #11  

Sandy - Congratulations!!!!! So happy for you!

Terri: Love O'Charleys! There rolls are the best but they are three points a piece but there is lots of other things on their menu that are pretty good in points value... have a good time!

Princess
Old 05-08-2006, 07:29 PM   #12  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Sandy,
Congrats on the new job! This is the start of something good for you. I wish you much success in your new position.
How is your garden growing? We've got to get everything planted before the rehearsal dinner (the 26th) because I don't want empty beds so will be making a trip to the nursery soon.

Es,
good luck and I hope you get some relief from the treatment.

Terri,
How are the guys liking the trip to Florida? And how is the competition going?
Isn't it amazing how quickly the kids have grown? I STILL feel like I should have kids here at home.
Never heard of O'Charleys. Sounds good!

Dianne,
Your cruise is right around the corner! Where are you going again? (sorry..senior moment!) I hope you and Willie dance the night away on board.

The Bachelor Party activities were a huge hit. The guys all caught their limits of salmon on the fishing charter. We've got a freezer full of salmon fillets.
When the limo picked the guys up, Brandon and Matthew had the time of their lives exploring inside it!
The evening ended at 5 a.m. yesterday so yesterday was a laid back, quiet day.

We opened the pool this weekend but there's no way we will be in it till June; the water is 62 degrees. I still love to look out the window and see the water. Should be living on a lake or river !

take care,
~Jen
Old 05-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #13  

Jen: I used to have a large in-ground pool at my old house and loved every minute of it... even the large amount of work that they require did not bother me. As you said, looking out at the water is just one of the nicest feelings, and going out there early in the morning with a cup of coffee for a few minutes of peace and quiet... well there is just nothing like it. Bet you can't wait until June and warmer weather

Hope all is well with everyone... well this is week two of not smoking... and it is getting easier. DH and I have really stepped up the walking in the evenings to over 4 miles now so that helps to take our minds off of it. Lose weight, stop smoking, exercising, my body is going to go into shock here soon

Have a great day all!
Princess
Old 05-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Whoo Hoo, Princess! Your 2nd week of being smoke-free! (that's a puff of smoke dancing away from you, tee hee)

I think that's wonderful. You'll never regret it. Keep up the good (hard) work...it does get easier!
I'm very proud of you...for the walking too!!
~Jen
Old 05-09-2006, 08:40 PM   #15  

Princess,
CONGRATS on the no smoking. That is so cool. What an accomplishment.
WE had a great time at O'Charleys. The rolls are to die for.

Jen,
Glad everyone had a safe and good time. What a month huh?
The competition went great. I am not sure of the outcome yet though. Bruce and Brandon came home today. They left at midnight and got here around noon. They are tired. Bruce bought us all something and so did Brandon. Bruce didn't know he was going to. He had $75 spending money and he bought Britts, Bradley and me something. I loved that.
You better make sure when all is said and done that you get on and tell us EVERYTHING!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

TTYL,
Terri
Closed Thread