Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 11:23 AM   #1  

Angry All Air Walkers / Regular Walkers etc - New beginnings! #37

Here we are on #37. I love it when the threads fill up! This shows how many motivated people we have on here.

Okay first of all I had such a busy night that I didn't exercise! My son's practice ran late so I didn't get home until after six then I had to go to the grocery store (which I hate) and didn't get back from there until 7:30. So by the time I got dinner ready and put the groceries away it was almost 9:30! Then of course there's always my sons homework which I have to monitor closely to make sure he does it! What a night. Tonight should be better for me. All I have to do is laundry!

Lynne-I'll try to be patient for those pictures. I love weddings! It must be the romantic part of me coming out! Are you having a big wedding? Where are you going on your honeymoon? I know so many questions. Don't worry about the exercise. As you can see by my post I know exactly what you're talking about. There never seems to be enough time in a day does there? And why do the weekends fly by so fast? It seems like it's always Monday! Well I hope you get some time tonight to do a little exercise. I got a new tape last night for variety. It's called Crunch Boot Camp. It looks pretty intense but I figured if I can do Tae Bo I can do this one right?

Shasta-I agree with Lynne you are so energetic. Please pass some my way!

Taz-Today is the day for your treadmill right? Let us know how wonderful it is!

Okay I'm off to do some work. I've been bad this morning. Don't feel like doing much of anything. I guess that's a sign I need to get back to exercising more right? Take care I'll check back later.
Old 10-26-2001, 04:27 PM   #2  
# 3 Fan Forever

Default Wow! This is still going on!

Hello Rose! Long time no talk! I'm still using AOL and I never ever ssee you online at night! Miss you! Just wanted to say hi! and hope all is well (btw ~ I'm unemployed again!)
Old 10-26-2001, 10:11 PM   #3  

Angry Excercise Back on track!

Hi Rose, Lynne, Taz:

Hey, how ya all doing????? I hope good!!!!
Yesterday I did denise Austin for 20 minutes, it felt good, Im sore though, it's been awhile so I need to get my body tuned back up!!!!! hehe....
Today is rower for 20 minutes and weightraining for 20 minutes...actually am doing it in just a few minutes here. It feels good to be back to burning calories. Time to get Lean, Strong and HEALTHY!!!!!!
It is raining like crazy here....wheww!!!!!
I'm staying within my calories too so Everything is good!!!!!
Hope your getting your excercise in Guzs....
Will check in Tomorrow!!!!!!

Take good care,
shasta
Old 10-28-2001, 03:14 PM   #4  
Give Peace A Chance !

Hello guys,

I hope you all have been doing well. You are not going to believe this but the treadmill saga is still alive and well.
When the treadmill was delivered on the saturday after my birthday it came broken and had to be takten back to the warehouse. Sears rescheduled the delivery for the following Wendsday. That one was delivered and set up. Once the delivery men were gone I tried to walk on it and found that about 6 of the speeds on the control panel weren't working. Now it is sitting in my exercise room waiting to be picked up. Sears offered me a top end treadmill to compensate for my inconvience so when this one is picked up they will deliver a Nordic trec for the same price I paid for the Pro form. I can wait for it now.!!!! That Nordic trac has a really nice warrantee and is so quiet when walking plus it has some real cushion to the belt. I'll keep you guys posted on the latest.

I'm still walking everyday but I'm using the track at the gym. It is so short and it takes about 22 laps to make a mile but untill I get this treadmill thing fixed I do what I must.

Well I'm going to cut this novel off here. The treadmill saga continues!

Have a good day everyone!!

Last edited by Tazmani77; 10-28-2001 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-30-2001, 01:33 PM   #5  

Hi Everyone!

NASCAR Woman-Boy was I surprised to see your post! I'll email you at your AOL address. I'm sorry to hear about the job. You'll have to fill me in. You know I've been busy with football season so I've had very little time to log in on my AOL account. I'll try to get online soon so we can chat. I miss ya!

Taz-Awesome about the new treadmill. I know it's been a pain but in the long run it worked out better for you. I bet you'll love to better one. Keep us posted. Good job keeping up with the walking.

Shasta-Great job with the exercise! You are doing so great with being consistent with your workouts. I need to get some of your motivation. I was so busy this weekend that I got very little exercise in. But even with TOM here I'll try to get back on track.

Keep up the great work everybody. I'll check back later.!

Last edited by ras8779; 10-30-2001 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-30-2001, 08:15 PM   #6  
Beauty is within...

Hi guys!

Sorry it's been so long, but with my birthday, Josh getting sick and me being a slackarse I haven't had a chance to get in!

My exercise and eating totally went down the tubes, but I'm back on track today.

I will catch up with you all later, but just wanted to let you know that I'm still around!

Take care
Lynne
Old 11-02-2001, 07:14 AM   #7  
Give Peace A Chance !

Hi everyone,

Lynn: Did I miss something? Did you say you had a Birthday lately? Sorry I missed it. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

The treadmill is still a nightmare so I won't even go into that. I am trying to keep up the walking routine daily and stick to my food plan. I'm just a little disgusted that the weight isn't coming off as fast as I think it should. I'm losing about 4 pounds a month and I can't stand that slow pace. Atkins isn't all it is cracked up to be.

It is raining here again today os I have to do my exercise tapes today. I'd much reather be walking

I hope you all have a good day

Hi Rose & Shasta
Old 11-02-2001, 12:24 PM   #8  

Hi everyone!

Lynne-I'm with Taz, happy belated birthday! I'm so sorry I missed it. I hope everything has calmed down for you. Don't worry about being a slacker. I think I invented the word. My exercise and eating has been not the greatest lately either so I need to get up and get moving. We can do it Lynne! I'm glad to see you back.

Taz-I'm sorry that you're still having treadmill problems! That's such a pain. Way to go on keeping up with the exercise though. Actually losing 4 pounds a month is awesome and the way you should do it. It stays off longer the slower you lose it so hang in there. You are really a motivator!

Okay I'm going to make a promise to you all that I will exercise this weekend and will continue through next week. I need to get moving because my hips aren't getting any smaller! I'll check back later.
Old 11-06-2001, 12:28 PM   #9  

Okay this thread is looking mighty lonely! What happened to everyone? Is it that time of year when everyone is busy planning for the holidays? I know my days have been hectic lately and the time change doesn't help my energy level at all. It gets dark here in CA around five and by the time I get home I feel so sleepy! Does anyone else out there have that problem? Maybe I need to start exercising in the mornings! My Orbitrek just stares at me making me feel so guilty but not enough to make me get up and use it! So I hope you all can find some time to post and help motivate each other to move! Please check in.
Old 11-06-2001, 07:15 PM   #10  
Beauty is within...

Hi everyone!

I'm sooo sorry to have been so absent, I think of you every day.

Things have been so busy, that it's hard to find time to sit down and post.

It looks like we're moving again, which is just what we need right now, but we're left with little choice. So if we weren't busy enough before, now we really are!!!

So I think I'm going to have to become a silent partner. I will try and come in and post, but there's only 6 weeks until the wedding, we're moving in 2 weeks, and then after the wedding we're off on holidays for about 5 weeks! So we'll be back 21st Jan. So I'm going to be very busy, and then away. I think of you guys all the time, and miss coming in here every day, but when we get back I'll have more time!!!

My challenge to you all is to hang in there, stay positive, enjoy your christmas and be here to start a new year together next year. Hopefully we'll all have good news after the break!

I've stopped WW because I'm too busy, and have to save all our money. I was also only going there to weigh in, and it seemed crazy to spend $16 a week to step on some scales! So I'm just keeping an eye on it at home. I'm not following my program either, but just making sure to try and balance my meals each day. Basically I've decided that the pressure of trying to lose great whopping amounts of weight before the wedding was too much. I'm not going to make any huge changes in that short amount of time, so I decided to be kind on myself and let up on the pressure. I will fully focus on it when we get back, but in the meantime just try and stay healthy and active. I think with all the cleaning and packing etc I'm still getting the exercise in!! I've learnt to accept how I am, so I'm happy to be that way for now, and will change it when we get back. It certainly makes life a little easier that's for sure!

Thanks to you for the birthday wishes, don't worry, it was fairly low key here too, because of being so broke and busy! *sigh* have to make up for it when we go away! ha ha
Rose, get back on your orbitrek, I expect you to hold us both up! Taz, good luck on getting your treadmill! Shasta, glad to see your still setting such a great pace! Hi to NASCAR.
You are wonderful people, keep it up, be strong and happy, and I look forward to catching up with everyone properly when I get back!!!

I will keep an eye on the posts, but just might not have time to reply. Love to you all, and thanks for keeping this going.

Lynne

PS If any of you want to email me my address is [email protected]

Byyeee!
Old 11-07-2001, 01:40 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone!

Lynne-I totally understand but I will miss you. You always kept me motivated. I know your wedding will turn out beautiful and I am holding you to those pictures once things settle down for you. Good luck moving. That is always a pain. And with your busy schedule you don't need to worry about any eating or exercise plans. You will be so busy it will happen naturally. I did get back on my Orbitrek last night and I can tell I've been off of it way too much. I had to stop every five minutes to rest. Not my usual pace at all so this is just a push to get me back up and moving. I will miss you so post when you can and I hope you and your whole family and future husband have a wonderful holiday season. I will email you just to check on you.

Taz-Are you still out there? Post when you can. This thread will be getting pretty lonely!

Shasta-Where did you go?

Okay that's all for now. I'll check back to see what's going on.
Old 11-13-2001, 10:32 AM   #12  
Give Peace A Chance !

Hello everyone,

I'm still here and walking as often as I can. I started another routine and added weight training to my weight loss plan. It is tough but I like it and look forward to better weight loss results too.

Lynne: sounds like you got lots of changes going on and plenty of excitement all around you. Have a good holliday and I know it will be a beautiful wedding. We want pics when you get back

Rose: You are just the glue around here. Thanks for being here. I did get my treadmill finally. I got it last sat. My son and nephew went to Sears and picked it up and put it together for me. It works like a charm. I got a $1400.00 Nordick Track for $686.00. It was worth the wait. The warrantee alone was worth it. I'm a happy camper now

Shasta: Hows it going on your end? Are you hold up and hanging in there? It is a rough battle of the buldge but I think we are winning

Talk to you all in the morning. Have a good day!
Old 11-13-2001, 03:31 PM   #13  

Hi everyone!

Taz-I was so happy to see your post! I'm glad you finally got your treadmill and it worked out so well! Wow what a deal! It will sure come in handy when the weather isn't cooperating. I actually managed to workout this weekend. I did Tae Bo (boy was that a killer) and some time on my Orbitrek as well as some weight lifting (8 minutes in the morning by Jorge Cruise). I really think the weight lifting will help speed up my weight loss results. At least I hope so! I'm glad to see you're still hanging in there with us!

I hope everyone else will find time to post and let us know what's happening. Keep moving everybody.
Old 11-17-2001, 07:46 AM   #14  
Give Peace A Chance !

Good morning guys,

For the past couple days I have been under the weather and haven't exercised much at all. I'm back in the pink today so I'm hitting the treadmill with a vengence. How have things been going around here? I see it is a little quiet in here.

Rose: you have been a brick trying to keep this bunch together. Thank you for that. I came here because I wanted to help myself. You have done a lot to keep a place here for good support for those who need it. I'm sorry I let you down and my self too. I hope you don't give up the thread. I still need all the help I can get.

Have a good day. I'm going to jump on the treadmill and walk some of this buldge off my butt.

peace

Last edited by Tazmani77; 11-17-2001 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-20-2001, 06:57 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone!

Taz-You are such a sweetheart for saying such nice things about me! Thank you for being here and still posting. I've been with this thread for a while now so I doubt if I'll be giving it up soon. I just can't get enough time to post sometimes so I totally understand why everyone can't post every day. Especially with all the holidays right around the corner. I'm glad your treadmill is working out.! I'm also glad you are feeling better. It sucks to be sick. I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving. I will definitely try to post after that eating fest! Thanks for hanging in here with me!

Lynne-I know you are busy getting ready for the big day! I'm thinking about you and I'm getting excited for you. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Shasta-Where are you? I hope all is well and you can find some time to post! Have a great Thanksgiving too.

Take care everybody. I'll check in later. Be safe and don't eat too much!
Closed Thread