Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #1  
Susan

Default Thursday Chatters for the month of May

Howdy,
We all at one time weighed in on Thursdays but now we do it whenever. We are a great group!!!! If I say so myself. Please join us....

Ok now.... like Tammy said where is everyone??? Please post just to let us know you are out there.

Tina, how is David doing? What about you my friend?

Tammy, I don't know if I can last until school is out!!!! I'm thinking of taking a few days off but my assistant is lazy and I don't think I could leave my babies.

Mimi, how are you doing?

Maureen, so fill us in on what's going on?

I had a very stressful day. I have a stress headache that runs down my back. I need a good massage. I might have to find a place and get one tomorrow. We have a big Spring Show on Friday. All of the deaf kids in the district perform. I think I told you we are doing a fashion show. It will be funny. I can't wait unti it's over.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:38 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Default Thanks

Susan, thanks for starting us off.
Can you believe it's really May! I can't.

Larry and I got away for a few days.....played hooky.
The vet said Smokey was doing better, kidney-wise, and so we left town.
Today, I've been washing clothes and taking it easy. I'm so tired, like I did something on vacation.
David is doing pretty good. He has signed up for unemployment benefits. He's put out his resume a few places. I hope he hears from someone pretty soon. Being off one week is okay, but I don't want this to drag on and on.

Hope everyone is well. Please let's all post.

Old 05-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #3  
Susan

Tina,
I hope that David finds something soon. I agree hopefully it will be soon. Where did you go? I'm glad ya'll got away. I would love to get away for awhile. Yea Smokey is doing a better, that's good news.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #4  

Susan, I'm with you about not knowing if I can make it. I think we are all feeling that way. Spring fever has really hit, and it's been cool and a bit rainy. Some of the kids are starting to get on each other's nerves, so we've had that problem to deal with. I'm sure the fashion show will be a hit!!

Tina, glad you got away!! I want to go too!
Old 05-02-2006, 01:18 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

'Wish I could've taken everyone with us. We went back to Grand Cayman. We didn't go last year because of the devastation caused by Ivan. Things look much better there this year. There are still some houses with tarps instead of roofs. The main part of The Hyatt is still closed down....something about the insurance never paying!
The weather was great and the water as blue and cool as ever.
I ate way too much and am back OP.
I've reset my tracker thingy.

Susan, I'm so sorry about your uncle.
Tammy, when do you talk with the school about your quitting?
Sis, when is the wedding? We all plan on coming.
Mimi, you are very quiet.
Maureen, are you all unpacked or are you waiting for us to come help!!!
Amy, how is your gang doing? (I'm also sorry about y'alls uncle.)
Where are our other members???????

Old 05-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #6  

Tina, I picked up the letter from the doctor this afternoon. I'll take it in tomorrow to the superintendent. I'm making copies. I don't trust people. So, it sounds like I have 22 more days of teaching. I'll be on sick leave/disability for 120 days next school year, and I'll retire after those 120 days.

A bit down tonight. Found out that one of Bob's good friends died. Bob was at Jimmy's house yesterday. He could hear the TV, but no one came to the door. Bob thought maybe he went somewhere and forgot to turn the TV off. Another friend went there this morning and found him. He may have died on Sunday. Bob keeps thinking that he should have walked in to check on him. He was probably already gone, but who knows. He's having a rough time tonight. Jimmy has had some heart problems in the past, so it was probably a heart attack.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:20 PM   #7  
Susan

Hi,
Hope everyone is doing ok. I'm feeling much better tonight. I was so stressed yesterday I thought I was going to throw up when I got home. My head was killing me. Ugh!!!! Of course my aide is NO help. I hope she quits.

Tammy, are you excited about taking your days next year? They can't stop you! I know that is a part of you thinking about your kids. They are lucky they have you! You have to take care of yourself.

Tina, how fun!!!!! I'm jealous that ya'll got to go. I'm glad ya'll got away. Thank you for the condolences on our uncle. Honestly, we haven't seen him (I know I haven't) in probably 15 years. He was an alcoholic and diabetes. When he was in the hospital a couple of months the dr said to stop drinking. He was put back in and they kept draining tons of fluid off his stomach. He finally refused treatment. His wife kept going to Mexico to get booze for him. They live in Laredo. I went down for my dad.

Amy survived her trip. I don't know if she said or not but only 1 got home sick. Needless to say, it was my niece!!! I just laughed.

Have a great Wed.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:10 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Susan, I'm so glad you are feeling better. It's time for you to get some rest.

Tammy, I'm so happy about you being able to leave that school and all the stress. It will be sad, but, you are doing the right thing. Also, I'm sorry about Bob's friend. I'm imagine he was already gone when Bob went by that day. It reminds me of Larry's dad. When he wasn't at church one Sunday, and wouldn't open his door, someone called the police. They found him dead, probably of a heart attack. I still get cold chills thinking about that.

It's awfully quiet around here.
Oh, I started us off with a new weigh-in thread.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:38 PM   #9  

Yes I am still in the land of the living! It sounds like everyone is having a busy Spring.
Tammy that's great you will be able to retire soon. I bet you have tons of stuff lined up to do.
Susan sorry about your uncle, its tough on the family when someone abuses themselves like that.
Tina that vacation sounds like heaven.
It has been beautiful here this last week, tulips blooming, apple blossoms, magnolia, and birds chirping everywhere. I love being able to have all the windows open. Too short a season for me.
The struggle with the weight continues. I do find it easier after Easter has gone, no big holidays for another 6 months.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:24 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Default I look hysterical!

Y'all should see me now. Then again, I don't want anyone to see me!

This afternoon I went to my dermatologist to get a large pilar cyst removed from my scalp. I've had it for a long time but it started growing larger. (For years they kept saying it wasn't cancer and not to worry about it being removed.) Well, it took the dr. over 30 minutes to clean it out and remove the lining.
The nurse put on the dressing and then wrapped a stretch bandage around my head! I have to wear this thing for 24 hrs!!!!
Larry said he needed to take a photo----over his dead body!
They had to shave my hair, too. I might have to go buy a hat to wear to church.

Mimi, it's good to finally hear from you. The flowers here are beautiful, too. This time of year is about the only time that I can go get in my hammock in the mornings. Other times, it's too humid and hot.
Everyone have a good evening.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:11 PM   #11  
Susan

Hi Everyone,
Hope everyone is having a pretty good day.

Mimi, it's so good to hear from you. We've missed you!

Tammy, I am so sorry for Bob's friend. I know that has to be extremely hard especially since he went by there. You will be in my prayers.

Tina, are you rested up from your trip? I would love to go to the Grand Caymans.

Amy is sick now! Someone is always sick in their house.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:58 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Ouch, ouch, ouch!!!
Taking Tylenol last night gave me NO relief. Larry gave me one of his Tylenol 3 pills and that took the edge off. I couldn't find a position to sleep that didn't put pressure on the place. I should've just sat up and slept.
Last night, Larry went to the store and bought us one piece of cake. We halved it. It was soooooo good.
I'm being good OP today. I'd rather be out eating everything that tastes good and is bad for us.
I hope everyone weighs this week. I'm going now to post on the weigh-in thread.
Tina
Old 05-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #13  

Susan, glad Amy survived the trip. You niece got homesick? Oh my!!

Mimi, right now I'm not sure what I'll be doing for sure. I know I've thought about volunteering at Hospice or the hospital. One of my friends mentioned the nursing home that is very close to our new home. I love having the windows open and smelling the flowers.

Tina! I agree with Larry. Take a picture!! You'll laugh at it later (maybe). Hope you'll be able to get more rest without lots of medicine. Good idea on splitting the cake.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:08 PM   #14  
Susan

Tina, you poor baby!!!!! I agree with Tammy take a picture. It sounds painful just reading it!!!!! I'm sorry you didn't get to sleep, maybe you will tonight. Take something before you go to bed to help you sleep.

Tammy, I love having the windows open. In Texas there is about 2 days a year where you can do it. It's ususally too hot.

Oh yea, Amy's daughter got home sick. Now remember she is the one this summer that wanted to come on vacation with me. We drove and met half way and she changed her mind. I think she will be 21 before she comes to go on vacation with me Now the boys are a different story.

Cake...... yum!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #15  

Default Standing Still

It has been awhile since I have been to Thursday's chatter. I guess I am at the point of wanting to give up. I am still at 139. The same as when I last posted. It has been a busy month with farming, cookjing and all. Life is built around food. I cook for the help and so on. I am not making excuses and will I ever learn the definition of the word discipline.
Still trying to hang it there . Do hope that we can all have a peaceful, restful, amd siccessful May.
Joybell
Closed Thread