Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-10-2006, 11:34 PM   #1  

Default new to Curves

Hello ladies! I just joined Curves and had my first day today. It nearly beat me but I managed to complete the 30 minutes. I'm interested in an encouragement buddy/buddies on here that can keep me motivated. I'm 23 and weighed in today at 234.5 pounds. I want to lose 90 lbs. in the long-run, but I'm trying to think of it on the smaller scale. What's a good goal for the first month? Would 10 or 20 pounds be too extreme? I think I'd be doing good if I lost 5. haha. Well I hope to get to know some of you soon!

Jen
pixiepoesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:59 AM   #2  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

I would shoot for 5 lbs. small steps.....

and congratz for joining,,,,that was a BIG step!!
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #3  
Losin' it forever!

Hi ya! I just had my first Curves workout today...nearly killed this anti-exercise girl, but I really loved it! I felt like I actually had a good, and yet pleasant workout. I'm doing the two weeks free with the Bounce UPC codes, so we'll see how it goes. I'm thinking it will all be a good thing!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Pixieposy and LakeGirl - that's great!!! It's an accomplishment for you to make it through the first time out! You should both be proud of yourselves!

I used to make up every excuse in the book to not work out, but once I started getting into it, I've found that I really like it. It's the only thing that I'm truly doing *just for me*. For the past two months I've been going to Curves 5 days a week, and going around 2x instead of three. I've found that going Monday-Friday without taking a day off in between keeps me going. When I skip a day I tend to come up with excuses to not go the next day, either.

Pixie - you might not lose weight right away, because you will be building a little muscle and strengthing the muscles you have. I would start off by counting inches instead of weight. I have lost several inches in my waist and arms since I started back again! Try not to focus too much on the number on the scale, but how well you are feeling and looking.

Good luck!!
snowgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #5  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I've been with Curves since March 25th. I love it! When I first started, I thought I would die going around the circuit 2 times. I made it though. Now I can make it without feeling like I'm going to pass out, and now I'm starting to focus on my form and reps on the machines. I'm actually a bit sore today from the strenuous workout at Curves yesterday. I try to concentrate on the actual muscle being worked my each machine, and squeeze.

I plan on joining a gym after my yearly membership is up, but I think the concept is great for someone like me who is not ready for a gym at this time, and who lacks the motivation to get up and get going. I actually look forward to going to Curves.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:35 PM   #6  
Losin' it forever!

After my second workout today, I can already tell that I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

What amazes me, and it has been so long since I've really and truly worked out so I had forgotten, is how good I feel about MYSELF just by working out! I know that in two workouts, I haven't lost any pounds or inches, but mentally, I feel awesome!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Way to go lakegirl!!! Good for you!
snowgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:54 PM   #8  
DIVA

That is awesome!! You guys have taken the first step which is the hardest.
I love Curves! It has been the one thing that I can stick with in a long time.

You first goal should be inches and how you feel. You may or may not lose weight - it really depends on how your body responds and your food intake.

I have been a member of Curves since Dec. 05 and I've lost 28 pounds, 13 1/2 inches overall and decreased my body fat by 3.8%!!!

Curves is definitely paying off!!!
I am ready to be HOT LIKE FIRE
Curves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #9  
*~Christina~*

S/C/G: 220/193/150

I want to join Curves SOooooooooo BAD! But my fiance says we can not afford it. I used to be a member about 5 years ago. My Curves is oly a mile up the road. So I would walk there, exercise, and walk back. What a way to slim down my legs! But, it does not look like I will be joining anytime soon.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT GIRLS! I loved it when I was able to go. And I really did lose inches and lbs!
Cute_n_curvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:30 PM   #10  

Welcome to curves!

I joined curves in January of 05. I was toning up while going there but loosing less then a pound a month.

By sept of 05 I added counting calories in addition to curves and the pounds started dropping. About 2 pounds a week on average!

Around 6 months later my weight loss started slowing down so I joined a second club to do cardio and weights on my off days at curves.

My point here is that while curves is a great place to start exercising you probably won't see any huge losses w/o changing your eating also!

Good luck!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote