Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 12:07 PM   #1  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Default Taking the Day Off

I used to take my WI day off- no point counting, no measuring...eating whatever I like.

I'm not going to do that this time. I'm going to count and journal everything so that I know what I'm eating! I don't want to sabotage just because I happen to weigh in that day!

Does anyone else do this and want to stop?

Or does it work for you? (Lucky!)
Old 04-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #2  

Hi!! Well, I'm doing a weigh loss thing through work. It's throughout the entire state of Iowa. We were given t-shirts, and the t-shirt says, "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." So, I try to incorporate this with exercising and WW. I try to not get out of the habit of doing it the right way. (Notice I say "TRY," because I'm far, far, far, far from perfect.) I try to motivate myself with rewards that are something other than food. I try to exercise daily, even if it's just a 10-minute walk around the block.

So, I would encourage you to not take an off-day, because for myself, I would be scared that I would drag one day onto two (and so forth). But, we all must have breaks too. Treat yourself, for sure, but just don't over-indulge. Hope this helps.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:45 PM   #3  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

I think that taking a day off each week, you save your days off for special occasions, like we touched on in the weigh-in thread. It'll be less frequent than once a week and your body won't get used to it. I used to do that too, but not only would I not count points on WI day, I would pig out! Not good. I really believe in taking breaks, but if I'm going to do it, it's going to be for something special and even then, I'm trying to limit it to one meal, as opposed to one whole day.
Closed Thread