Old 04-27-2006, 04:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/209/135

Default I have a headache from ****..

This is day 2 of induction and I have a bad headache. I don't know if this is normal. It is 3 here and I am at about 700 calories and 3 carbs. Am I doing something wrong here. Am I not eating enough? Somebody please help me before my head pops off.
tamikathomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:43 PM   #2  
TemporaryFatChick

Quote:
This is day 2 of induction and I have a bad headache.
That's not unusual when you reduce carbs suddenly.
Quote:
It is 3 here and I am at about 700 calories and 3 carbs. Am I doing something wrong here. Am I not eating enough?
Did you get the book? You should be keeping the carbs under 20 (from the acceptable list) and not worrying about calories. You should never be hungry and NEVER starve yourself, it's unhealthy and unnecessary on this plan.

Every day you should be eating:
Meat, fish & eggs, as much as you need to feel satisfied
3 cups of salad veggies or 2 cups salad and one cup cooked
up to 4 oz. of full fat cheese (no cottage cheese)
full fat salad dressing, butter and mayo
80 oz. water
multi-vitamin & a fiber suppliment.

Go eat!

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #3  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

I had HORRIBLE headaches during induction. On day 4, they were just gone and I haven't had any since. Take some tylenol-that's what got me through it! Tennessee's right-it's normal when you suddenly stop the carbs. Not everybody gets them, but stick with it. They'll be gone in a day or two.
rebeleagle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:11 PM   #4  

Thank you so much. I guess I am so worried about overeating and going above my 20 carbs, that I am not eating enough. I'm glad to hear that these headaches are normal and will go away!!
Old 04-27-2006, 06:18 PM   #5  
Susan hockeyfan7

You will not overeat chicken, fish, pork, steak, hamburger, bacon, eggs, etc. I can't stress that enough -- eat!

I remember the very first week of induction. I ate like a pig (including bacon) and still lost 15 lbs. I didn't like veggies, so I actually measured the salad so I didn't have to eat any more than necessary. But I would eat 4 hamburger patties with melted cheese for lunch if I felt like it.

Did you drink caffeinated drinks prior to starting Induction? That can also cause a headache if you gave those up.

Oh and yes, 700 calories is way too low for your current weight.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #6  
Princess to Be

S/C/G: 267/270/175

Carb withdrawel is what I normally call it. If I go on a very strict carb intake, I experience headaches around the third day.
Tiffany_Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:36 PM   #7  

yeah I got the headaches too the first time I started Atkins. I was crabby because of it too, which is mainly why I quit the first time. For some reason though, this time around the headaches aren't here *knock on wood* But don't let it get to you, pop a tylenol and you'll be fine, don't let it make you quit like I did before!
rockgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:21 PM   #8  

Well I made it!! I'm so proud of myself. It took me taking 2 doses ofTylenol before it went away, but I stuck to it. I also ate 2 more boiled eggs, a pork chop with a small salad and some sugar free black cherry jello. It was so GOOD!! I hope I didn't mess up by eating that, but it was so worth it. Thanks for the support I needed it!!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:29 PM   #9  
Dante'smama

S/C/G: 245/239/140

Tamika,

I thought the same thing, I was saying to myself, I'm eating too much, but that was all my conditioning from past diets.

Every day I eat about 4 eggs, 4 oz of cheese, 2 cups of salad, my cup of vegetables. I eat meat, chicken and pork, when I get hungry and drink (4) 16 oz bottles of water and I'm losing almost a pound a day. I calculate my daily calories in my head at about 1600. My carbs are at about 16. I use heavy cream in my coffee.

This eating plan is amazing. I wake up with no fatigue. Today was the first day that I really was not hungry, so I forced myself to eat lunch.

Please eat. Your body is not storing calories it's burning fat. And if you eat too little, you're body will think it's starving and you may stall your metabolism.

Good luck, You *Can* do this.

Dante'smama is offline   Reply With Quote