Old 04-26-2006, 11:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

Exclamation new to LA.. red plan overview???

Hi all.. i am newer to LA .. I have done weight watchers so used to journalling and watching.. I do not have a center closer than 3 hrs from me~! so I am going to try to do this on my own excepting help from fellow board members here..hope hope.. I know what the first two-three days are.. I have that.. I beleive the red plan is 2.5 pro, 4 veg, 3 fru, 3 starch, 1 dair, 1 fat and 2 lites... I will not be doing the lite.. is it true u sub 1 starch and 1 protein for that?? also meat portions are 8 oz raw chicken(7 oz cooked) but how much red or fish?? and not sure about how much starches are in certain veggies..are there any books i can get to spell this out for me aside from going thru LA direct?? thanks for any help.. I am 41 , weigh 240 and need to lose 90 lbs..yikes... awful to let myself get like this... I have 6 kids all total.. I gained more weight with each one and my metab slowed down with each one.. oooh yeah!! not! i am also feeling alone in my quest to a thinner me and I beat myself up alot over my appearance and lack of commitment with losing... I get frustrsted a...I get down to like 216 and then it creeps back up again.. why??? oh well I pray I can get some help here.. it seems like such a great place!! Thanks..Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:51 AM   #2  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi slimkim,
Welcome!! Looks like you've got most of the information. Look at the thread from earlier that Paige posted. Look on Ebay for the program pretty cheap, she did a search and got the info somewhere else I think.
Red meat is 6 oz. precooked, most fish is 7 oz. but the fattier fish like salmon is 6 oz. Most of your green veggies and less sugary veggies are 1 c. raw or 1/2 c. cooked. Corn and peas are a starch cuz of the sugar.
Good luck. There are some chickies here that do it by themselves and they are doing awesome. I'm not sure what the exchange for the lites are because I do them.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:38 AM   #3  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

slimkim-

at the centers, if you don't do the lites-they move you up a food plan. So I would recommend doing the red plus plan which is 2 1/2 P, 4S, 4V, 4F, 2D, and 1 fat. Good luck!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #4  

Hi Kim -- I just started on this website too! I've been doing LAWL since January and down 26lbs --slowly but surely; I do exercise and have seen results in inches (or clothes (aka bra) fitting much better).

I'm on Red Plus and get the 2 1/2 P, 4 V, S, F, 2 Dairy, and one fat a day. Also, what I just found in the new books is that for the protein in them am you can have 1 ounce light cheese or 1 ounce low fat, low sodium canadian bacon. That helps me alot;

Also, what Ididnt see before on the plan when I was reading it was for the carb cravers -- the pizza is once a week .. . The books are great to have and I think someone posted a link to one for sale on ebay.

Good luck!!!!

Sue

26 down 24 to go for first mini goal

26 down 64 more for second mini goal
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:54 AM   #5  
Let's try this again . .

kim and sue-

be careful with the carb cravers . . .they work great for some people and lousy for others. If I eat pizza-I gain every time. At my center-they don't recommend adding the CC meals in until you've been on the program for at least 1 month, so you get used to it. Then add them in slowly-watching to see how your body reacts.

Good luck ladies and welcome to the group!
Old 04-27-2006, 11:54 AM   #6  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

My center still does not have the new menu kits...when I mention some of the options in the new kits they look at me like im from outer space!!! I wish I could get my hands on one...argggggg

to 3FC sue!
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:55 AM   #7  
Let's try this again . .

beanie-I know! They still tell me I can't use cheese as a protein . . .
Old 04-27-2006, 12:01 PM   #8  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Julie- I wonder what the deal is?! Is it the corporate vs franchise thing?! I think it is probably they have bought way too many old books and were told to use those up before giving anyone new ones?! In Idaho that could be a while!?!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:04 PM   #9  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Probably. But my center does let you use cheese as a protein, at least. When I asked for a newer book they acted like I didn't know what I was talking about.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #10  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Katie - its just plain frustrating! I wonder does the LAat home site show the plans? maybe they have the new info. Not that that would help me anyway as I can only log on at work and due to a firewall cannot get to that site still!