Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2001, 10:36 AM   #1  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default pre-day-off-post

My puter is fixed and I am DEFINTITELY NOT MAD AT Bagzie or even Lush who was the one responsible. I dont' have it back yet. Puter guy says 3 microsoft files were destroyed and "one file way back there" whatever that means.

My kitty still lives under the sofa and Herbie wants to rename him "Ivan the Terrible."

I'd post for you guys but you know I'm not allowed here.

TTYL ETC
Old 10-31-2001, 03:14 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Default had a hard time finding you

I actually had to look at the list of messages and senders.
Glad to hear your puter is back on its feet.

I think you should call your new kitty DustBunny

Kiwi
Old 10-31-2001, 05:05 PM   #3  
fatter than U

Talking Boo - I mean MOO!

What? No bovine reference in the thread title? Almost missed you, Peachers. I'm sure the kitty will come out some time. Some are just like that. How's that doll Herbie?

Well, I seem to be virus free now, but I don't know for sure. Have to keep checking - I'm so paranoid now. Kiwi, is it true you can get a virus just by going to a web site???? I think my e mail didn't send anything to anyone else because I have Eudora Light (which I hate, BTW). Got off lucky this time maybe?

Where are Lush and Bagzie? Hanging their heads in shame (I'm not mad either - actually it's quite exciting in a wierd sort of way) or getting puters fixed? Huh? Lush was to blame and not Bagzie. I think it was her attachment about fishing in Denmark that I opened, silly me.

Now, today is Halloween and I want all of yous and your kids to BE CAREFUL out there. Please. And don't go to the Mall of America. Actually, I think we should all move in with Wabby. No terrorists (yet), no anthrax (yet) - just Wabby's wonderful garden and a few cow pastures.

We don't have Halloween here. Nevertheless we carved two pumpkins, made pumpkin and ghost cupcakes and the Great Pumpkin rang the doorbell and left some goodies. How fun. Germans don't know what they're missing.
Old 10-31-2001, 07:12 PM   #4  

Default bogged down with candy

DH decided that we need candy here at the office just in case any trick or treaters stop by during the day. Ha! They'll never have a chance. Then there's the candy we bought for our house, which is down a long dark driveway. We haven't had trick or treaters in years. I should have that candy polished off by daybreak.

Is your kitty a black cat, Peach?

Be safe when you're out haunting tonight, ghouls.
Old 11-01-2001, 01:11 PM   #5  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default MOOOOOOO

You are quite right. I did NOT name the thread appropriately.

My kitty is very dark but called brown tabby. He's the color of shadows so you can't see him.

One of ds's teachers is a little uptight. She sent letters to the parents of her best boy students (six or eight, i don't know) saying they were disruptive and she had spoken to the principal and guidance counsellor about changing some of them to another class.

I called her and she told me that ds:
*makes eye contact with other kids during class
*has corrected her in front of the class Twice (which did not embarrass her but why does it have to be such a big deal? she asked)
*wanders around the library like he's lost instead of working

That's it. For that, she gave him a NEEDS IMPROVEMENT in conduct and commented on the report card that "parental involvement is needed"

My puter is ready to pick up and Yes, Kiwi, it was sort of exciting. AND it got my puter to the puter guy who set things right that Lush didn't cause. Of course, i dont' blame Lush. Pointing out that it was her fault is not the same thing. Fact vs opinion.

Beautiful weather here. Herbie wants to go to Europe again. I don't. He doesn't understand.
Old 11-01-2001, 02:56 PM   #6  

Default Teachers

Eeeeek Peaches, you're giving me horrible flashbacks to my kids school days. Can DS transfer out of her class? She sounds like the classic spirit grinding type. Why do these ppl go into teaching?
Old 11-01-2001, 06:19 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

Whoa, I totally agree with Wabbit. Get that boy out of her class if you can!! She obviously wants him out anyway; my guess is that it is all about being corrected and her insecurity! She knows he's smarter than she is and she wants him to disappear!

It's really too bad that kids have to put up with bad teachers, but of course it's nothing new. How many teachers did you have that you actually thought were good? I remember some; I also remember a whole bunch who were really bad. And I know in Junior High, I had the motivation strangled out of me. DD has done pretty well with teachers; only a couple in elementary school were really bad, a few duds here and there in middle school, but never any major problems between her and her teachers, fortunately. I guess around here, a person has to have something going for them just to want to live here on a teacher's salary. This area doesn't appeal to everyone...

Tata, I wrote on the other thread. I am schizo today.

Kiwi
Old 11-01-2001, 07:40 PM   #8  
The magic shrinking cow

Peaches, different year, same story, huh? In our school, we suspect that the teachers don't want certain kids to succeed. When DS didn't turn in his homework (7 TIMES!!!) they never let us know. He told us he was turning them in, so we didn't know any better. (We saw him do them, so that wasn't the problem. He just never turned them in.) Now we have to call them almost every day to find out whether he has turned stuff in. Just 12 more years of this!! Yippee!!!

Z definitely deserves better than this. I agree with Kiwi... it is too bad that kids have to put up with bad teachers.
Old 11-02-2001, 04:19 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hey, can you smell me?

We got skunked last night! My dog got it right in the face, and one of my cats got it all over. Of course I had to bring them inside to get away from the skunk and to bathe them, so now the entire house and all of our clothes stink! Isn't that nice? Of course I can't even smell it unless I go outside and come back in, but DD says everybody could smell it on her all day. She dealt with it very well, though. She says "It's a good thing I'm not as shy as I used to be; I just told everybody 'It's me!' when they said 'What stinks?'"

To add insult to injury, or actually vice versa, when I was bathing the cat (there's a fun time ), I apparently wrenched my back, and I am practically an invalid. I'm in so much pain, I can't even sit on the couch. DD is having to do most of the laundry today (Everything smells! It's unbelievable) while I just moan a lot.

Tata folks.

Kiwi
Closed Thread