Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 08:09 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile Turtles in the Race #156

We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race betweeen the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support.
Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Old 04-26-2006, 08:12 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
It looks like lots of us are chipping away at our excess weight and doing it the Turtle way--slow and steady. Weigh to go! I am inspired by you all and I need to keep on remembering to take baby steps. I believe even turtles who take baby steps can get there holding heads high and proud.
Judy
Old 04-27-2006, 07:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Thursday!

Morning all!

Well even though I have been eating within my points this week I have not made the best choices... not enough fruits and veggies and too many packaged snacks... the scale is not moving so I guess its time to snap out of it and eat right.

Very busy weekend a head and kind of a stressful one so I am almost looking forward to next Monday It will be a fun one but stressful none the less. We are having a large party to celebrate my moms 70th and my brothers 50th birthdays and it is a surprise so thing have been really crazy.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Princess
Old 04-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #4  
Chick

Princess,
I read about the surprise party coming up in our last thread and I've been thinking about you! : and to help you get through all the chaos, even though it's fun chaos, and come out of the weekend feeling really good about yourself.
Judy
Old 04-28-2006, 08:01 AM   #5  

Default Hello All!

Happy Friday!

Judy: Many thanks! These kinds of things are a ton of fun but boy you can get really worn out with all of the running around and stress of trying to get everyone where they need to be when they need to be there

Ok well I am off at noon today so I won't be back on line until Monday morning.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Princess
Old 04-28-2006, 11:46 AM   #6  

Hi Turtles, just a quick check-in.

I'm holding steady at 271.5; my body LOVES this weight, I swear. I haven't been careful with food choices for the last couple of weeks, but it's holding steady. Weird. I've been here since mid-February...is this a plateau? I prefer "maintenance", since I'm not actually trying to lose. I'm just holding on.

We've been to the marriage counselor twice now. He's a great guy, he really is, and I think he can help us. I'm going to have to go through some deep, painful things I have not yet dealt with, though, and that's going to be ****. And yes, he does actually think that my emotional state ties in DIRECTLY with how my body handles and processes food--my weight is a result of my emotional state. Huh. We'll see.

I'm hopeful that this will get us both where we want to go.

Have good days, Turtles, and keep on keepin' on.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:40 PM   #7  
Chick

Mousie,
Thanks so much for the update. I'm so glad that you and your dh have made the effort to get to a counselor and I hope he has the wisdom to steer you both in the right direction. : Isn't it weird how your body holds onto this particular weight? It's much like the "set point" theory that has been espoused in the past.
Take care, have a good weekend.
Everybody do well and chime in when you can. After 4 days of very good eating, I have finally lost 1/2#. That's a lot better than gaining a pound a day which is what had been happening. Somehow my body hasn't figured out that you need 3500extra calories to gain a pound and puts the pounds on willy nilly as soon as I go a little off program. Oh enough about me! I'm sending to us all--the turtles on their quest for fitness!
Judy Itry
Old 04-28-2006, 03:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Hope you are all doing well today.

Had my w/i last night & was down .4# (not much but in right direction) and went to curves this morning. I had my w/i & measurements done & was down enough from last month to get a T-shirt & my name put on the wall.
I use my ww as my offical weight tracker though. But hopefully will now be back on some sort of routine with excercsing. As I said before, that really seems to help me lose & stay motivated.

So far today have been OP and am feeling alittle tired, so will probably have a quick nap.

Tomorrow and going to dinner/movie with my cousin since her husband is away at hockey tournament - so will have to prepare for that. And of course, I am having my popcorn!

Mousie - hope you and your husband get everything all figured out. And yes, stress really affects everything.

Judy - congrats on your weight loss. Good for you!

So, turtles everyone have a great OP, water drinking, exercising weekend.

Talk soon.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:33 AM   #9  

Default Happy Monday!

Morning all!

Well we went to W/I saturday morning before we headed up north for the party... DH was down another 4.2 and I was down 3.6, DH hit his 10% mark and I have about 7lbs left to hit mine. Very happy about that!

Party went great! They were surprised and it went off without complications!

Mousie: Prayer and thoughts are with you, best wishes for a successful solution.

Have to run but will be back later to catch up more and respond.

Princess
Old 05-01-2006, 11:03 AM   #10  

Princess - congrats on such a great weight loss! That is fabulous - good dor you.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #11  

Hello Ladies. Sorry I've been out for a while. I've been SO busy. First down to Phoenix two weekends ago for my sister's birthday, and then my parents came here this weekend, and work has been a little nutty. I worked a double (8 am to midnight) on Thursday, and I'm just recovering.

The good news is that I'm down another .9 pounds as of my last weigh-in. It sounds like Princess's Monday is going well -- how about everyone else?
Old 05-03-2006, 09:56 AM   #12  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Ariana,
so good to hear from you. I think it's fabulous that you lost another pound while you've been so busy. Weigh to go, girl.

Princess,
Okay, you obviously are doing something very right! to continue to lose so well. Your whole family is doing great and I have a feeling you are the motivator behind them. Weigh to go. You're so close to your 10% goal. Terrific!

Bandit, Mousie, and Lauren, keep up the good work. Here's a to help us all keep on doing the right thing.

As for me, my head has not been in the right place and I also hurt my leg so exercise is out for a bit. Hopefully by the end of this week, I'll be ship shape.
Today I feel I can do this and I'm aiming for good, not perfection. That may help. I love to hear of successes, so keep on writing. It's great to know that the turtles are doing well.
Love,
Judy
Old 05-03-2006, 11:28 AM   #13  

Default Happy Wednesday!

Judy and Bandit: many thanks!

Well I have also joined the 4th of July challenge... goal is to lose 15 by the 4th of July... that will put me into Onederland really hoping to make that. That will make it all seem like I am actually getting somewhere. Funny how we really rely on the scale for affirmation, I know we should not but I do.

So how is everyone doing this week?

Princess
Old 05-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #14  

Hi turtles:

Have stayed OP so far this week & went to Curves last night. My girlfriend is coming for dinner tonight & we are having cabbage rolls I made and they are pretty point-friendly so looking forward to that.

My challenge this week is on Friday. BF is having staff lunch for after tax-time & it is at chinese buffet. So have been extra strick this week & am planning on getting in some extra exercise on weekend.

My w/i is tomorrow so hoping for some kind of loss.

Hang in there, everyone!

Have a good OP day.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #15  

Thank you, Judy. I wish it would go faster, but at least it is going somewhere -- before I started counting points again and doing the Wendie plan, I was yo-yoing in a tight range of 2 or 3 pounds. Now I'm at an all-time low, and still going down (slowly but surely.)

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Judy. I hope things improve, and soon.

Princess -- you *are* getting somewhere. Every little bit helps.

Bandit -- you are doing the right thing, knowing about upcoming temptations, and being "extra good" now -- of course, you won't have free rein at the buffet, but it will be easier and less restrictive this way!

Good luck all -- my weigh-in is tonight, so wish me luck too!
Closed Thread