View Single Post
Old 10-30-2001, 02:41 PM   #8
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much - so many things to get done before we go to Kansas next week (by way of Indiana to stay with Sharon for a few days)!! Our daughter's wedding is November 17th. Still have to "drag" hubby to the store to get hime a new suit. He has to look "smashing" to walk her down the isle - not that he doesn't always look smashing to me - but he really needs a new suit! He's putting it off as long as he can - I'm giving him a couple more days, then am putting my foot down!!!!! LOL

Sharon - as I've said before, your daughter is beautiful - you should be proud! Cannot wait to see you and Ken - soon, very soon! This next week will go by so fast!

Peggy: Got your email - great job on the weightloss! We were at one time almost the same wt but you are passing me by so fast! But that is great - I'm just taking the slow route! LOL

I'm hoping by Thursday monring I will weigh in at 169 1/2 (or less!) ... I've been sitting at 170 for the last 2 weeks ... 169 1/2 will put me at 15 lbs down!

I have a great soup recipe if anyone is interested! I found it in Womans World magazine - it's called a diet miracle soup - but it is really healthy and good! That is, if you like watercress or brussel sprouts. Here it is, in case you are interested:

1 largeonion, chopped
1/4 + 6 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 potatoes, cut into 1" pieces
3 bunches watercress (1 1/4 lbs)or 2 boxes (10-oz) brussels sprouts, thawed
sall & pepper, to taste

In large pot, over medium heat, simmer onion in 1/4 cup broth until most of the liquid evaporates and onion is tender, 10 minutes. Add remaining broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes. Stir in water cress or brussels sprouts; cook until wilted, 4 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool slightly, 10 minutes. In blender, in batches, puree soup until smooth. Add back to same pot; heat through. Season with salt and pepper.

Makes 9 cups. Per 1 cup serving: 94 cals; 4 g protein; 0 g fat; 20 g carbs; 465 mg sodium; 3 g fiber; If you are on WW - just 2 pts per cup. AND IT TASTES GREAT!!!

We used to have a recipe thread here ... maybe we should start one again for low cal foods, snacks, etc. What do you think?

Well, need to go now ... talk to ya all later ...

Love, CJ