Old 04-24-2006, 06:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Keep That Scale Away From Me!

I screwed up and I can't believe it! It all started because I decide to get on that scale in the middle of the week and noticed it went up a pound. I was plenty mad but thought of 100 reasons why it could have been and went about my day. The next morning (knowing that I shouldn't have..) I got on that damn scale again I was sure it would back down that pound and hey, maybe even more! Wouldn't you know, not only wasn't it down that pound but it was up ANOTHER pound.
There are no words to describe how I felt. I couldn't understand it. I read here all the time about people "going off it" for the day and perhaps gaining a pound or 2 after that but I have been good! It made me feel automatically like all this for nothing. If my weight could fluctuate like this for no good reason I better consider lowering my target weight to have a few extra pounds to play around with. So anyway, of course today I'm feeling sorry for myself and decided to have a piece of wholewheat toast for breakfast. Then I went grocery shopping and decided to bake a cake (for my kids of course ) and I was thinking, as I was checking out, "am I unconsciously doing this because I'm going to gobble it down tonight with a big glass of milk?" No, No of course not! well, I made the cake stuck my finger in the can of icing for a taste and now I have to go in there and ice the cake. part of me feels like I already screwed up so what the ****? On Atkins they say one taste of the wrong thing is the kiss of death, So does it really matter if it's a piece of toast and taste of icing or, that and a nice piece of cake and glass of milk? OR - should I get up, go to the kitchen and dump the whole damn thing in the garbage right now? I suppose the correct answer is go in there, ice the cake, give a slice to my kids and get over it! But, do I have it in me today? I just don't know. I was at least able to walk away and come on line to write this. It's not really a post I?m kind of using it as my conscious ( and confessional!) Well, It's been a few minutes now, I feel better, maybe I just needed to remove myself from the situation. But I'm afraid to go into the kitchen for that monster awaits me! And all this because I got on the scale when I wasn't suppose to.
By the way, does this means starting ketosis all over again with headaches and all?
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:35 PM   #2  
Dante'smama

S/C/G: 245/239/140

Well you could always cover the scale with cake and throw both of them away but why waste a good cake lol.

Your weight may be up if you haven't drank enough water, that's happened to me before. I had an off day too, contemplated the cookies and settled on a granola bar, which I felt guilty for almost a whole day over. But not anymore. Tomorrow is a new day. Don't beat yourself up.
Dante'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #3  
Susan hockeyfan7

I don't know if that will be enough to kick you so far out of ketosis that you get the headaches.

If you have a bad reaction to the scale, then the best thing for you right now may be to get rid of the scale. Hide it at a neighbor's house or lock it in your car trunk and not worry about it for now.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

You know, you're probably right. It's not really the cake that's my enemy. (It wouldn't have tempted me if ididn't see my weight go up). It's that damn scale and I think I will hide it. right now Ihave to walk past it to go to the bathroom so it's always in my face.
Thanks ladies! I never thought of that!
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:18 PM   #5  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Girl I am having the same issue today myself, but I just have to keep in mind that it is just temporary. Just stay on track and dont worry about what you weigh, worry about how loose your clothes are or how much more you admire yourself in the mirror with no clothes. Hey weight is just a number, who cares. Easier said than done I know.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:25 AM   #6  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

The other day, I was upset because my loss had stalled, and I know that I haven't been doing this long compared to a lot of you ladies, but I was depressed nonetheless. I was having a really bad craving for some of DQ's nacho cheese fries, and actually went through the drive thru to try to order them (telling myself that the kids needed an ice-cream cone, and while I was there, what the heck). Thank God, the grill was closed-no cheese fries-or I truly would have eaten every single one and felt like crap afterwards. I didn't even think about the fact that it was almost time for Flo to make her monthly appearance. Hence the craving AND the water retention. My point is...sometimes it's stress, maybe hormones, maybe the kids' cookies calling to you from the cabinet because you see them every time you open the door. I'm thankful to have this forum to deal with whatever the problem is. I love being able to busy myself with going to this site and being inspired by everyone's triumphs over the temptations and even the occasional lapse. It has truly helped me to stick with this-knowing myself I probably would have given up weeks ago without it!
rebeleagle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote