Old 04-22-2006, 09:12 PM   #1  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Default And the meltdown began....

once during this nine months I ate some girl scout cookies.

but tonight it was different, I don't really know what I was doing. I am at my lowest weight since I was 13 years old.

I ate 1/2 of my daughters easter candy which was about 30 pieces of candy, a piece of cake and half of a pan of mac and cheese.

seriously, I feel like I cheated on my husband or something. wow, if you ever feel like doing this, don't. I wish I could go throw it all up but I'm not that kind of person and I was in ketosis too. Geesh.
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:08 PM   #2  
TemporaryFatChick

Yow - Girl, that's like me in the old binge days! I never could purge, guess that's good, but also how I got so fat! What set you off? Was it just that first piece that made you want more? What the heck, I've already blown it may as well eat everything? What? Are you feeling ok?

Tomorrow is another day, no beating yourself up, drink lots of water, and get back on plan. Even with all that, you couldn't have eaten enough to gain a pound.

(((hugs))) and hang in there!

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Wink

Oh no! That's too bad! I always read your posts and am enlightened by your optimism!
We all have bad days, this too shall pass! Just shake it off now because there's no going back, only ahead and tomorrow is another day.
Gee, can I think of any other cliches?
You have had tremendous weight loss so far be happy and proud of that! I also made a visit to your blog and was very impressed! I thought about starting my own also. It seems to be a good outlet!
You are a great supporter to many on this site. go to bed tonight knowing that you have come a long way and it's not over. You can overcome this! You are so close to your goal!
You should though, try to think about what might have made you go off the deep end. I find that there is usually something going on in my life that will make me do something like that. Like it's going to make me feel better!
Kudos to you for coming this far and I know you will get back on track again!
It's too bad there not much of a live chat on here, that way when one of us feels something like that coming on we could just jump online and get talked out of it right away! Take care
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 11:05 PM   #4  

Smile

I just came across this and thought I'd send some your way.....

On second thought, I think I'll take some for myself too!
Old 04-22-2006, 11:18 PM   #5  

Sounds like the stress of the new house (which is gorgeous by the way) is starting to get to you. Next time, if this feeling comes on, try and remind yourself that there is some outside reason causing you to want to take a bite of forbidden food. Maybe recognizing it can prevent you from doing it.

Tomorrow's another day Lacey! You got this out of your system, and it's time to move forward. You're going to reach that last 12 pounds, and we're going to be here to witness it!
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:08 AM   #6  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Don't get discouraged! You've come this far, and I don't think that what you ate is going to do you any harm. One day of falling off out of nine months is actually something to be proud of! I admire you for sticking to it this long, and the staggering amount of weight you've lost......we all know you have the willpower, so just get back on the wagon and ketosis is at most just a few days away.
rebeleagle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:51 AM   #7  

well...i, of course do not know you as long as some of these other women...but nonetheless, i felt i could contribute.

i am seeing a therapist right now (have been for about a year or so)...and she treats me for postpartum depression, as well as a binge eating disorder. So, I feel your pain...but it's not over!!!

One of the pp stated that you probably couldn't gain a pound on the stuff that you binged on tonight, and i believe that is true.

that being said, something that always sticks to my mind that my therapist said was "when you return to old behaivors, it is because you are feeling "old" feelings". So, try to think about the feelings behind your binge...perhaps there is something left to deal with, I don't know your situation of course, but thought I wouldc throw this out there.

HUGS to you!!!!

Keep your chin up!
lwcarbmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:57 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwcarbmomma
"when you return to old behaivors, it is because you are feeling "old" feelings".
Wow, that hit home for me.......Im thinking she's very right Lacey. You'll be ok....dust yourself off...you're going to feel like crap in the morning. But thats ok...make sure you tell us "why you shouldnt have eaten that"

If you're having a hard time getting back into it in the morning, get your motivational reading out and find your fav quotes.

One other thought I had.......along with all the other stuff going on, you have been adding carbs. Check the fruits you have been eating. If they are high in sugar, and you havent been eating a protein with them, this could have also trigged what happened tonight.

You're doing good....just think about the cute shorts you'll be wearing this summer
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I know it's hard not to feel bad about this, but try to let it go . Start new tomorrow. I have been at this now for almost 10 months and I had a similar experience. One night my DD and I went to a buffet (Fire Mountain) and had dinner. I ususally am able to make the right choices there. I ate all the right food, chicken, salad, brussel sprouts. Then, I decided to have a piece of sugar-free cherry pie, a piece of german-chocolate cake and 2 cookies. I felt horrible about this. It was my first really big off day. I got back on program the next day and then started to lose the rest of my weight. I felt like I just needed to get it out of my system after 9 months of being so careful. We all slip up and it's good to have the support here to know that it's not the end of weight loss journey , but a learning experience.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Hang in there! we all have those days. you've done so very well not to have many of them.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #11  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

thanks, I truly love you guys and how nice you are. I did gain 3 pounds but I was out walking bright and early as usual and am glad I'm past that bump in the road.

I wish we all lived really close so we could all get together all the time

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 03:23 PM   #12  

Smile

Good to see your right back in the swing of things again.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:17 PM   #13  

Lacey, so glad you recovered quickly. Don't beat yourself up.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:05 AM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Lacey, you are doing a wonderful job, glad to see you are staying positive. BTW, love the name, it's my daughters name too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:45 PM   #15  
Susan hockeyfan7

Lacey,

I can positively guarantee you that the 3 lbs you gained are not fat -- but water.

In order to have gained 3 lbs of fat, you would have had to have eaten an additional 10,500 calories.

If you ate 3 boxes of Stouffer's Mac & Cheese (and not the Lean Cuisine version), 30 chocolate eggs and 2 pieces of chocolate cake with frosting, you ate an extra 2,503 calories -- not even enough to make you gain 1 lb of fat, let alone 3.

You'll see it come back off as soon as you get back on track. Which you did do this morning, right???
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote