View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #92
MermaidInBlack

Default It's been a long time, so...

Oh my goodness... I first posted my "intro" in Summer 2004, and a **** of a lot has changed since then...

Name: Cat

Geographical location: Sacramento, CA

Marital Status: Single, w/BF

Children/Ages: BF's kids, 8, 10, and 13.

Pets: Maine Coon Mix: Robin. Irish Wolfhound: Boru. Chow/Retriever mutt: Ben.

Hobbies/Interests: Singing. Ethnic/ folkloric dance. Tribal (ATS, fusion, etc) bellydance. S.C.A./ Renaissance faires. Reading. Writing (songs, poetry, stories). Driving around No. Cal. The Ocean. All things medieval and renaissance. Mermaids. Ghosts. British, Scots, Irish folklore.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Since the end of high school..? No, I started the Kaiser WLS program on June 27, 2005.

Starting Weight: 419

Present Weight: 401 (I've gone up and down a few time, was down to 380 and came back up when I had other medical conditions set in).

Goal Weight: Eventually, 165 (though I know I should be like 145 or 150 or something).

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Overcoming overeating (a recent development in the last year), getting more active, eating the RIGHT foods, dealing with emotional eating.

Following any specific plan: I'm in the bariatric program at Kaiser South San Francisco, and have been since last June. I was working towards losing my 10% (with their 1200 cal plan), but had some other health and personal issues set in and have had a lot of setbacks. Because of said health issues, they need to get weight off me fast so they can get me in for surgery by the end of summer -- So, I start Optifast next week... whee!

I firmly and truly believe in bariatrics as an option to a life-long battle with weight and all the health issues inherent. I hope to become an inspirational/ motivational speaker after my surgery and am relatively open about my journey with everyone. The Optifast isn't something I'd ever choose as a long-term plan, but for 2 months to get the weight off quickly... I'll deal.

~ Bella

Last edited by MermaidInBlack : 04-21-2006 at 01:22 PM.
MermaidInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote